Thread: steam launch suggestions not that anyone at funcom will read them

Post steam launch suggestions not that anyone at funcom will read them

first off for the steam launch to be as successful as u like your going to have to relax your free toplay system give the first 3 expansions for free make people buy everything after that.also offer the content through the ingame items shop or at the very least a redirect page to buy the expansions from inside the item shop. Secondly the HORRENDOUS ui that this game has had for years either redesign the UI or prepackage ndGUI with the steam download the default UI is overwhelming and confusing to new people. and now we move onto issue 3 the skill window i love AO's skills choices but u need a better explanation of things pop out windows that give detailed information of what each skill does and with that i'm finished. New player's don't want to relay on a community for help u need to give them all the tools required for survival in the tutorial or early game not that the AO community is as bad as most EDIT: fourthly make GRACE useable by everyone NOT just subscribers that's dumb you are the only company ik that Has an item that grants game time that can only be used by those already subscribed it's kind of pointless
    Last edited by darkwest21; Feb 14th, 2017 at 01:13:25.

Everything you say has been repeatedly hashed out. Recently.

And not in steam of consciousness mode.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

and yet nothing is done it's as if funcom is trying to kill off the game

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Everything you say has been repeatedly hashed out. Recently.

And not in steam of consciousness mode.

They're not trying to kill it, they're just not interested in investing any more money on it, which is a perfectly reasonable stance to take for a game this far past it's sell-by date.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwest21 View Post
    fourthly make GRACE useable by everyone NOT just subscribers that's dumb you are the only company ik that Has an item that grants game time that can only be used by those already subscribed it's kind of pointless
    What are you suggesting here? Making GRACE a way to get people to go from froob to payed, or what?
    /G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
    What are you suggesting here? Making GRACE a way to get people to go from froob to payed, or what?
    /G13
    I think he means that you should be able to activate a frozen account with grace. At the moment it's not possible. You have to first subscribe normally with real money before you can access GMI to use grace.
    Aeliniyah Opifex Doc | Venkula Solitus Doc | Rohtoiivari Trox Doc | Yutheron Solitus Trader Ianamura NM Crat
    Technigyro Trox Enfo | Gizmoplex Trox Keeper | Icarya Opi MA | Vinetto Opifex Shade | Retku Solitus Engineer
    Geraplex Trox Sold | Tuulispaa Opifex Fixer | Wertion Solitus MP | Kemoplex Trox MA
    And a fleet of other alts...

Quote Originally Posted by SoapTarder View Post
    its funny how AO requires so much grinding and effort to make any progress, both ingame and in Development