Thread: Balance request

Balance request

Is there still any chance the reqs for t3 pet to be adjusted to allow self cast without 10 minutes of swaps???
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

The Rihwen t3 cast reqs are 3045 mc/3040 ts. So for a trader to make your pet not listen by draining you, he needs to make you have less than 2436mc/2432 ts. Lets say the t3 reqs got moved to the midpoint between t3-t2 (2795mc/2790ts), this pet would stop listening below 2236mc/2232ts. Since we know it is possible for MP to self buff to 3045mc/3040ts (minus 700 from double drain = 2345mc/2340ts). That mp could stay in nanogear, and let the trader drain him until he's out of nano and the pet would never stop attacking. Now I know there are a lot more tactics involved in an average fight, but changing this pet's cast reqs would also require drains to take more skill away from you to balance out. I think it would be great to be easier to cast, but this is probably a big reason why it won't happen.

Well I wont even quote that. The OP has nothing to do with traders and drains, which again is a horrible argument to use if your only premise is how 1 other prof interacts. Is it "possible" to self cast by totally making your toon un viable in any situation other than summons. That still requires an insane amount of swaps anytime you log on BEFORE you can even start playing. Adding to that idea that your main weapon aka pet can be taken away, not made OE, not made 75%, 50%, or 25%, effective but literally made 0% effective. I say main weapon because the avg player cant possibly use any real weapons without having access to full AI armor which again would require swaps from CSS and Scouts.

So if you are saying that it should be totally natural for a crap prof that cant get teamed to require 2 sets of AI armor just to effectively play, NOT to mention all the other hud/util/bracer/back items to swap just to get out T3 and then swap again to re equip weapons because you have to use phulaks... Wow I dont think I want to comment any more on this subject with you.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

To the OP then.... yes there is a chance they will lower the requirements.....

I was simply pointing out that they did not simply pull those requirements from a hat. There is calculation behind it so it fits into a game that has already been created, and I gave you ONE example of how it could have a counter effect, like re-balancing efforts in the past (I understand you wouldn't put this in the re-balancing category).

Imo this is a killer pet that is 5 levels above maximum player level so swapping to cast it is not a big deal to me, although yes it would be nice to be able to cast it in normal gear. Once crat/engi get 225 pets and do not have to swap items to be able to cast it, then you may have something....

The 5 lvls above max player might make sense... IF the "lvl" of the pet wasn't just a description. What I mean by that is Carlo and Windowmaker can stand toe to toe with t3 pet. Thats NOT even considering they each have a sidekick pet that combined easily WTF pwn t3 pet and lets not even get into DPS. Soooo all things being considered just compared to other pet classes that can self cast and not get OE if they are in nano gear, have better DPS, and 1-2 pet(s) vs 1 T3 pet equals another imbalance. I dont see why this is even being debated for the least played, least teamed, least desired prof. If you want to debate balance you might go over to agent or advy forums please, because even if T3 pet had reqs of 2500 it still wouldnt be enough to balance MP's to equality of other profs.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    heavy rant
    Are you sure we are playing the same game?
    While I wouldn't say that MP is the top prof, it is definitely top tier in pvp these days
    In PVM mps were never a FotM profession, you should have no surprise there and you were probably aware of this fact when you rolled it. I also dont see mps being discriminated, there are simply not too many of them around.

also some points:
    1, previously the monkey was inferior in every way compared to the KFC bot. now you have a pet that hits significantly harder than the top engi pet. How is that a nerf?!
    2, now MPs have the chance to experience what engis had to endure for 10 years solidarity is good mkay?

Personally I like this open-ended concept pretty much. Wish it was the same for crats and engies too. Will be painful, yes, but those willing to run that extra mile get rewarded by a little extra.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Well, according to rubi-ka.net, it is a fact that there are less 220 Meta-physicists than 220 Bureaucrats or 220 Engineers. Then you look at level 200 exactly and there are more MPs than Engineers.

Why is the balance of pet professions not in favour of MPs? MPs should have something to attract people to them to the profession too, right?

I think I can see what went wrong here. When the end-game pets for MPs were designed, the ability of an MP to have higher nano skills than many other professions was taken as the baseline, but that's supposed to be the profession's strength.

Perhaps MPs end-game pet should have just had intra-program stats like their lower-level ones. Those MPs that put in a lot more effort get a few more levels out of their pet, without having this "you can" or "you can't" situation at 220.
    Last edited by Psithief; Feb 16th, 2017 at 17:21:48. Reason: removed best typo over

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    Well, according to rubi-kat.net, it is a fact that there are less 220 Meta-physicists than 220 Bureaucrats or 220 Engineers. Then you look at level 200 exactly and there are more MPs than Engineers.
    I think the reason for that is that in the froob world MP is a much better prof than Eng -> a lot easier to solo with, nanos that are always on demand and used to accrue tips more than tradeskills and froob mp being pretty much the top DD froob profession

I know, my first character in AO was an MP mainly due to its self-reliant profile and easier progression.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    So you are saying, or implying that it is balanced when, unbuffed, and no need for swaps engi and crat can cast top pets. Have 2 attack pets, with better DPS and multiple pvp weapon options. All WITHOUT swaps, and without fear of OE, while MP has all the drawbacks and none of those advantages? Thats balanced in your opinion? Interesting. If T3 pet had more DPS, more health, and more resistance then I could say OK. But it does not have any of those and can be charmed, calmed, rooted, snared and taken out of the fight. Or gang banged leaving the MP with no chance to recast during combat. While engi and crats can pop out a shell instantly. Seriously?

I was primarily talking pvm, but when you add in pvp the unbalance gets even bigger. I cant see why this would even be an issue anyone would dispute.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladunker View Post
    The Rihwen t3 cast reqs are 3045 mc/3040 ts. So for a trader to make your pet not listen by draining you, he needs to make you have less than 2436mc/2432 ts. Lets say the t3 reqs got moved to the midpoint between t3-t2 (2795mc/2790ts), this pet would stop listening below 2236mc/2232ts. Since we know it is possible for MP to self buff to 3045mc/3040ts (minus 700 from double drain = 2345mc/2340ts). That mp could stay in nanogear, and let the trader drain him until he's out of nano and the pet would never stop attacking. Now I know there are a lot more tactics involved in an average fight, but changing this pet's cast reqs would also require drains to take more skill away from you to balance out. I think it would be great to be easier to cast, but this is probably a big reason why it won't happen.
    Uh what? To start off with you're wrong about the OE for T3. It oe's around 1920ish MC/TS. I've tested it by nsd'ing myself. Secondly, MP's don't pvp in buff gear, be serious (dual phulaks in case I run into a trader or dual zset so I can actually defend myself...). Thirdly balancing MP casting reqs around trader drains is the most asinine thing I've heard of in quite some time. Why on earth would MP's get special treatment "balancing" against trader drains when ALL THE OTHER PROFESSIONS ARE NOT BALANCED AROUND TRADER DRAINS. Lets make everyone's weapons WAY harder to equip. 3000 Assault rifle sound good for soldiers? That way they will be "balanced" for trader drains. Then we can also think about that soldier needing to equip his weapon each time he logs on, and in pvp other players can constantly dequip his weapon. Sound fair? I hope you're trolling...

To the OP then.... yes there is a chance they will lower the requirements.....

I was simply pointing out that they did not simply pull those requirements from a hat. There is calculation behind it so it fits into a game that has already been created, and I gave you ONE example of how it could have a counter effect, like re-balancing efforts in the past (I understand you wouldn't put this in the re-balancing category).

Imo this is a killer pet that is 5 levels above maximum player level so swapping to cast it is not a big deal to me, although yes it would be nice to be able to cast it in normal gear. Once crat/engi get 225 pets and do not have to swap items to be able to cast it, then you may have something....
    Who cares what level the pet is? It is more of an identifier, like a different name, to distinguish the tiers of pets. We all wear ql300 armor and weapons at endgame. The pet could be level 90000000000000000000000000000, all that matters is the actual stats of the pet.

FC needs feedback to get their "calculations" right. For years and years the top shade nanos were uncastable because the reqs were too high. NT's require 3000 MC to reach the top level of Garuk's, which they can't do. There are probably many more instances of FC needing to fine tune numbers.

While I wouldn't say that MP is the top prof, it is definitely top tier in pvp these days
    In PVM mps were never a FotM profession, you should have no surprise there and you were probably aware of this fact when you rolled it. I also dont see mps being discriminated, there are simply not too many of them around.

also some points:
    1, previously the monkey was inferior in every way compared to the KFC bot. now you have a pet that hits significantly harder than the top engi pet. How is that a nerf?!
    2, now MPs have the chance to experience what engis had to endure for 10 years solidarity is good mkay?

Personally I like this open-ended concept pretty much. Wish it was the same for crats and engies too. Will be painful, yes, but those willing to run that extra mile get rewarded by a little extra.
    Define "significantly harder". It hits about 500ish more in min damage situations, pretty similar to doggie in non min damage situations, and crits with one weapon upwards of 9k on low/no AC. Doggie crits upwards of 7.5k+. MP pet probably hits faster, but is one pet vs two pets of an engineer. MP pet also has 3kish AR compared to engineer dog of 4.3kish AR. Engineer chicken pet is also way more healable and buffable and therefore WAY WAY WAY more durable.

Wishing pain on others just because you had it is a terrible thing. I've played all three pet professions for many years. Imagine an engineer switching from tskill setup to pvp/damage setup over and over and over and over again. It's that number of swaps and it's ridiculous.

This game is about fun and having something as mundane as casting a pet be horribly tedious is bad gameplay design. I have an endgame MP that sits at about 2.7k MC/TS is combat gear (nanoskill build). Realistically I feel at a maximum 1 or 2 swaps should be all that is required, so between 2.7k and 2.9k MC/TS would be much more feasible for the T3 pet. It would be a pain for non endgames to cast, and not very painful at all for endgames to cast which would be fair.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Feb 16th, 2017 at 17:37:07.

Hasn't this been debunked enough for you yet? Engis had that problem because they insisted on wearing AS gear. MPs have this problem while being geared correctly for nanoskill. Engineers had a choice, MPs have a requirement.

I was simply pointing out that they did not simply pull those requirements from a hat.
    Actually, they DID exactly that. Even though, there were rumors they've pulled it out of something else.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.