Thread: solo inf missions

solo inf missions

Went to pull an inf mission on one of my alts(no team). I thought you got a normal inf mission that would be suitable for one man with lower rewards. But it just gives me a mission to get some patterns. Can anyone explain to me what the point of this is? If I gather all the patterns, do I get to spawn a boss that gives me SK? Cause I got no SK for doing the pattern mission :S
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Quote Originally Posted by Iaitoo View Post
    Went to pull an inf mission on one of my alts(no team). I thought you got a normal inf mission that would be suitable for one man with lower rewards. But it just gives me a mission to get some patterns. Can anyone explain to me what the point of this is? If I gather all the patterns, do I get to spawn a boss that gives me SK? Cause I got no SK for doing the pattern mission :S
    It's like RK mish, but no reward and in SL... So, it's pointless... But you do get SK from mobs, which was the old way...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Old Inferno missions work similar to RK ones. Every non grey mob in the mission you kill ups the percentage of mission complete. Solo ones are all "kill person" types. If you want loot, you'll need to roll a team one, then solo. There will be the kill person and a boss type with loot at the end. The amount of sk you get per mob and at the end depends on your side faction (redeemed, unred, guardian for neut).

I can't say why you didn't get sk but that is how they work. Never bothered collecting and spawning the pb patterns you get.
    --

Solo Inf olds are actually super quick and effective at grinding research/SK.
    Just make sure you roll at least a medium.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    It's like RK mish, but no reward and in SL... So, it's pointless... But you do get SK from mobs, which was the old way...
    There's =kinda= a reward. Just did one while waiting for a team.

1230653 of your XP were allocated to your personal research. <- regular mob
    38485008 of your XP were allocated to your personal research. <- Familiar (end boss)

It wasn't an awful way to grind as Waki mentions but if you're able to take down a new easy mission ... that is definitely the way to go as it has the big reward at the end.

And yeah, the patterns you get from it can be PBified. The boss you kill with it is a massive faction boost. Not worth it though unless you've just changed sides unless you do it at 160 or so. Faction will boost your SK from mobs in SL but by the time most people can be arsed to do this particular PB ... they've already got well over 40K Faction.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    There's =kinda= a reward. Just did one while waiting for a team.

1230653 of your XP were allocated to your personal research. <- regular mob
    38485008 of your XP were allocated to your personal research. <- Familiar (end boss)

It wasn't an awful way to grind as Waki mentions but if you're able to take down a new easy mission ... that is definitely the way to go as it has the big reward at the end.
    Strange, medium rewards will definitely cap even a level 10 research. Was it the last portion of a research you were working on ?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    And yeah, the patterns you get from it can be PBified. The boss you kill with it is a massive faction boost. Not worth it though unless you've just changed sides unless you do it at 160 or so. Faction will boost your SK from mobs in SL but by the time most people can be arsed to do this particular PB ... they've already got well over 40K Faction.
    New Inf Hards are way more effective than anything to get faction. One => ~49.5k faction.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

That was an old solo medium, was nowhere near finishing research on that level (though it was a 9, so caps weren't an issue either). 215 toon.
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Feb 19th, 2017 at 21:56:49.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

If I try to solo new inf easy. Is it ok to let a couple of spirits die? Someone said that would speed up the mission. But won't that kill some of the reward?
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Perfectly ok, won't affect reward.

You do need to be in a team to get inside, but it can be anyone (like a fr00b), and they don't need to go in with you.

I pop AMS on soldier and gank 2 of the spirits once someone told me about that trick. No waiting for the mobs to kill those 2 spirits off. Then you just stand next to whichever you left alive.