Thread: It's Been Awhile. Need Help

It's Been Awhile. Need Help

Hi all. I have decided to come back to AO after an extended leave. I'm not a complete stranger to the game, I had a lvl 150 MP, and an Engineer about the same level. After multiple attempts, I was able to recover my MP's account, but could not remember the Engineer's account to save my life. I had planned to start anew Eng. anyway so all is good. I have read most everything available on the forums pertaining to both starting the game, and the Engineer class. Seems like much of the info may be outdated though. So I wanted to just run a couple questions by you guys if I could.

1. The starting area is alien to me. I am currently following quests there, but where after that? What would be my next 2 or 3 leveling areas?

2. How is the community these days? Is it difficult to obtain buffs or group with others if I'm new?

3. Totally newb question here: How in the heck do I know what dimension I am on? As I mentioned, my Eng. and a few other characters are where I left them, but I cannot remember what dimension I was on, and cannot find reference to that anywhere. There is nothing to indicate dimension on the log in client that I can see.

4. Orgs. As A returning newb, I could really use some guidance. Once I find out #3, I would love to find an Org to help out.

Well that's it for now. Thanks for reading and I look forward to seeing you all in game.

#3 is easy, there's only one dimension (server). They got merged several years ago.
    --

If you want to level up fast you will do "elite" daily missions in Subway (to level 25) (moved to ICC), Temple of 3 winds (to lvl 60) (new mission to get accces from ICC) and Foremans (to lvl 100). These can be combined with daily missions from the arbiter drone in ICC if it's up. There are also PvP daily missions from Borealis that count as "regular" daily missions and give Victory Points. When you do the ICC type dailies you will get ICC commendations that you can spend on things that makes the mobs in Subway and ToTW not aggro. For Foremans there are missions for the same sort of thing (check AO Universe for "gamma clearance".
    After 100 you'll prolly gotten the hang of it. (You'll want to check out the Reck). WB.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Better today than a year ago imo.
    People seem to be able to get the buffs they need without too much waiting/begging at the most populated places, like Borealis or Old Athen grid.
    You'll find people to team with if you do the above mentioned daily missions. Could be harder if you want to do someting that is less bang per buck.

The biggest difference in joining an org these days is probably that recuiting on forums basically is dead (goes for most of the forums), but some orgs advertise in game ooc chat, and so does players looking for orgs.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.