Thread: Nano target NCU window borked on single character - how to fix?

Nano target NCU window borked on single character - how to fix?

Nano Target NCU window is broken to a single character (see image). Any idea how to fix this?

Right-clicking anywhere on it doesn't seem to help, so unable to turn on borders or move the "window". Hostile/unremovable nanos just show up on screen, and I can turn the window off from Preferences, but that doesn't fix it. Might need to hit prefs-folder, but unwilling to delete them all...

http://imgur.com/a/76aX6

Just delete the prefs-folder for that particular toon ?

shift f-9 in game for the character ID, and then log off start the launcher, click on settings/gui/scripts button, click back one folder in the explorer window and you're in the correct account folder for that toon.
    Find the folder with that toons unique id (the one shown after using shift f-9) and delete it, log back in and re-do all that toons prefs.
    Last edited by Caloss2; May 3rd, 2017 at 16:32:33.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Alt + Right click to re-enable the borders.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Thanks for the tip, Caloss2. With keeping your idea in mind, I managed to dig bit deeper on the problematic character's prefs, and found out that Prefs.xml had a section Archive name="NanoTargetNCUWindowConfig". Copied that from another character's prefs (which didn't have the same issue), and got the problem solved. Probably could have just sort the borked window out with enough xlm-poking, but didn't really have patience.

And, thanks Boltgun, too. That also did the trick (tested with the borked one). Yours was much easier way

So, it wasn't a bork or bug, but a feature.
    Last edited by Keanne; May 3rd, 2017 at 17:32:29.

Damn. I checked hoping alt-rightclick worked on other windows that I WANT to hide borders on, but nope. How odd to put that functionality in for a window like this but not others.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Quote Originally Posted by Doctorhyde View Post
    Damn. I checked hoping alt-rightclick worked on other windows that I WANT to hide borders on, but nope. How odd to put that functionality in for a window like this but not others.
    Not to mention that we have an easy to understand borderless mode only on chat window. We apparently needed a different one for ncu windows, and none other.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S