Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam problem: Steam does not register game time

Steam problem: Steam does not register game time

When I start AO via Steam, it changes me to ingame for about 3 seconds. Then it reverts back to as if I wasn't playing.
    I wanted to afk the 5 minutes game time necessary to submit an encouraging review... *rolls eyes*
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

apparently a bug, for some people it does

Devil Inside

One of the guys who left a review already has > 10h game time on record. hmm...
    Thanks to FC my name was changed from Assx to Asxx without saying any word. Thanks for this. You rly made my day. But it's cool that it took you only 9 years to find this name a violation of your rules of conduct. You guys must be really proud.

Assx - Shade - elected President of ImPacT

Hosting Orgbots & Teamspeak3 Server /tell Bothosting hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Lougi0 View Post
    One of the guys who left a review already has > 10h game time on record. hmm...
    Maybe it is an OS specific problem... well I clicked around until all the relaunching gave me the 5 minutes to plop my review, otherwise it wont really interest me.
    This becomes a problem when Steam will display false statistics of played time for players, hurting its marketing potential. But hey this is Funcom, why would marketing be ever good I kind of pity the company now, their efforts are usually screwed over by incompetent marketing or just sheer bad luck XD

Devil Inside

Steam's running AnarchyOnline.exe, but that process immediately ends itself and launches Anarchy.exe.

I've managed to suspend the process before it ended, and now Steam thinks I'm playing the game. Lol.

I'm going to post a steam guide.

Here it is: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=870229920
    Last edited by Psithief; Feb 23rd, 2017 at 09:59:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    Steam's running AnarchyOnline.exe, but that process immediately ends itself and launches Anarchy.exe.

I've managed to suspend the process before it ended, and now Steam thinks I'm playing the game. Lol.

I'm going to post a steam guide.

Here it is: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=870229920
    Man, you rock

Funny that you need to "exploit" just to be able to write a review on the game. Quite ironic

Devil Inside

There is some software that allows you to "run" specific game on Steam... That is one way. I just automated starting and closing it for 5 minutes...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Just download "Steam Achievement Manager", add the ID for Anarchy Online on steam to it and then open it from the program (not steam). That will trick steam into thinking it's open.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    Just download "Steam Achievement Manager", add the ID for Anarchy Online on steam to it and then open it from the program (not steam). That will trick steam into thinking it's open.
    Thanx, this trick worked for me (the other one, suspend under procexplorer didn't). Could finally write a review after 5 min of "playing" :/
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

If you have a tool to automate clicking, you can let it click the play button as it add a few seconds every time.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Who is this guy and how would he know this? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...58092246417373 / http://steamcommunity.com/app/396280...8092246437520/

FIX:

1) Right Click Anarchy Online in your library
    2) Select Properties
    3) Select "Set Launch Options"
    4) Input (without quotes) "IA700453413 IP7505 DU" and press Enter
    5) Launch Anarchy Online

You should now be able to play AND show your status as playing Anarchy Online. This will bypass the launch screen and take you straight into the game.

Good Luck and Have Fun.

Tom Sawyer - shameless self promotion

I assume he used google.
    If you do that too you will find the answer.
    Basically it says AO to skip launcher and go to the ip-adress and port that are specified through the parameters IA and IP.
    While the ip-address IA is masked in a certain way.

And it works just fine. Only problem is that I now can't start a second instance of the game from steam. But well you can't have everything.
    Last edited by Behoernchen; Mar 1st, 2017 at 11:26:32. Reason: removed link cause reason.
    Behoernchen - Adventurer - SEMPER FIDELIS

he updated his sig to.

Tom Sawyer - Dystopia 2 Development Team

game dev on steam is my guess why he knows.

as far as the ip address, phaz posted that on nkb's forums, and if you google search "anarchy online bypass launcher" it will show up torward the top.

I just used Steam Achievement Manger to get some in-game time ...

Quote Originally Posted by Behoernchen View Post
    I assume he used google.
    If you do that too you will find the answer.
    Basically it says AO to skip launcher and go to the ip-adress and port that are specified through the parameters IA and IP.
    While the ip-address IA is masked in a certain way.

And it works just fine. Only problem is that I now can't start a second instance of the game from steam. But well you can't have everything.
    This is currently the best way to go on Steam.

Create two shortcuts to the Steam version of AO, one with the parameters and one without. The one without the parameters is so that you can patch when and if they ever release a patch.
    The one with parameters can be used to start another AO instance without loading the launcher. The downside is this won't be detected by Steam. It only tracks the Process it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    he updated his sig to.

Tom Sawyer - Dystopia 2 Development Team

game dev on steam is my guess why he knows.

as far as the ip address, phaz posted that on nkb's forums, and if you google search "anarchy online bypass launcher" it will show up torward the top.
    Tom Sawyer is a long time, RL freind of mine. Also an Org mate when he played...
    He is a Dystopia Dev team member with access to resources on Steam that only devs have.
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

Has this issue been solved ?

Judging by Steam charts it seems NOT :
    http://steamcharts.com/app/396280

Can anyone confirm ?
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

It has not been resolved.

The Workaround is still the only way to show up as playing AO on Steam.

I wish more players would use it. Showing how many players are active can only help the community.

AOSpeak Site

Without Steam Overlay support, there's simply no reason to launch AO through Steam. That's all anyone will consider.

Steam Overlay is only needed if you play in full screen mode. Everyone I know runs in in Windowed mode. Myself included. In fact I play any game that supports it that way. Either way, I rarely use the overlay.

I believe some have gotten the New engine to work in the steam folder, which of course Steam can launch. I believe that supports the overlay. I myself have not tested this though.

AOSpeak Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast