Thread: Fed up those Egpal & Mmook ?

Fed up those Egpal & Mmook ?

I've added a script to one of my bots (Addline) so it helps people -especially newcomers- to fight again spams of EGPAL & MMOOK around ICC global channels.

It consists of helplinks to easily setup filters against those & clean up our chat. Atm, it's active on ALL public channels, with autodection of wich got spammed to optimize the help.

Main content of its link :

Code:
    To avoid ignoring 1 by 1, just do these few steps :
    1: /filter clear
    2: /filter add [mM][mM][oO0][oO0][kK]
    3: /filter add [eE][gG][pP][aA][lL]
    4: /filter enable
    Enjoy & spread the trick !
    Last edited by bitnykk; Feb 26th, 2017 at 12:25:50. Reason: improvements
    Bitnykk/Bittorrent - young RL of AP & old emissary of CODE

/filter add [mM][mM][oO0][oO0][kK].
    /filter add [eE][gG][pP][aA][lL].

iirc .. filters are case sensitive. this way you will allways filter mmook & egpal out ( even if they replae 'o' with zero on mmook :P

Thanx, will use this advanced regex syntax.

bitnykk, your bot isn't being filtered out by people that already have those filters.
    Last edited by Psithief; Feb 26th, 2017 at 10:53:05.

Yes, please spell the filtered words correctly in your bot post, not Eggppal/Mmoook, because you are spamming the people who already have the filters active.
    I added the names to my script on purpose so it works like that. I don't want to have to /ignore your bot on 50+ characters.
    Be conscientious to the community, please.

And it's nice that people are starting to take notice since I posted my script, just don't spam us with another spambot.

+1 for that script. I loiter in ICC on most of my toons and the spam is just ridiculous

Your script is good, thankyou
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Psithief View Post
    your bot isn't being filtered out
    Yup, knew that hence i used to advice them to ignore the bot as it will not change name every hour like credit spammers do. 2nd thought, may be simpler to make the bot filtered out also. Thanx for suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Softi View Post
    Be conscientious to the community, please
    Huh ... don't you rather think credit spammer(s) <<< is/are the one(s) NOT "conscientious to the community, please"

PS : soz, didn't notice your useful thread before today as you mentionned it here ; only reason behind programming i did was permanent spam ; still, we're all going together to improve game experience and that's the only important thing

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Your script is good, thankyou
    Not just "mine", as (eg) DrUrban & Psi proposed nice improvements
    Btw, i've improved it even more today by detecting exactly wich of the public channels got spammed to propose the regexed helplink only where strictly needed.
    Last edited by bitnykk; Feb 26th, 2017 at 12:26:29. Reason: ps