Thread: Endgame Fixer help!

Endgame Fixer help!

I recently dinged 220 for the first time in my almost 15 long on/off relationship with Anarchy Online. I still have tons of research and about 15 more AI levels to go.

From looking at forums and reading OOC banter i have come to understand that Fixer is nerf. But i dont care, Fixer is hax! I need help with a cookiecutter gear and build. And perhaps try something different.

My current rig is here.
    Nanoskill items are for selfcasting without smoochies. The alternatives are CSS gloves, and s10 dd hud. Infused Ancient Nano Enchancer is due to lack of better item. I also acknowledge the obvious lack of alphas.

Which easily accessible items should i raid, buy(not billions please) and solo? Help me with NCU! In the end i want to survive and deal damage in PVM, raid and solo.

For future tuning. Do we have viable alternatives? What about nerf Attack Rating and high +crit? Or maybe Dreadloch Modified Shark for those speedy recharges despite the assault rifle skill.

Cheers
    Hadex

The last config for my 220 Fixer.

It's not completely up-to-date, items that need to be changed would be

The onehander can be swapped for a Rhat'ata for PvM purposes, alongside other pieces dependant on situation.

I would work on your lack of Alphas, they make quite a sizeable difference.
    Do some Pande runs with org mates, or a points bot, and work towards getting all the intelligent symbiants you need, and beast armour pieces to upgrade to awakened later.

For NCUs, get a Protected Safeguarded NCU Memory Unit from the DB instances, or purchasable from players/GMI, Libra NCU from Pande, Infused Morphing Memory (from a regular Morphing Memory, leveled to ql200, and infused with the NCU infuser which is the same item that infuses the regular NCU deck items).

Work on your token board, get 2.5k and get a Paragon (from a Kyr'oZch helmet from APF 13, 28, 35), and then get an Offence upgrade from LoX (or Def) and work towards 5k tokens to upgrade it with the items from the Pyramid of Home instance. The PoH instance also drops upgrades for Beast armour (see what I'd swap ^ for which ones you might want).

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Thanks!

It seems i am only missinc ACDC from HUD/UTIL. The Ncu's are easily fixed. Only need a screwdriver for belt. Intel symbs and nodrop betas is a body of work in itself as well as the tokens for better neck. Getting beast parts is just a matter of time. All in all it will be solved by playing

I see you have 10 +crit, whats the real value? Also what your self buffed AR and inits ?

As for the general sorrow across the Fixer prof, whats the actual problem? Do they get outdamaged by supportproffs?

The 10 crit just comes naturally from the gear I'm wearing.
    +3 from R-Shoulder
    +2 from L-Shoulder
    +3 from EOE
    +2 from ACDC

I do have an ELLTS I can swap the LE Dmg HUD for for another +15 crit, 300 AS, and much needed +range (as the onehander has the range of a shovel).
    I can check my AR/Inits after work, but should be around 3,300 AR and more than enough inits to be 1:1 full def.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by trocadero View Post
    As for the general sorrow across the Fixer prof, whats the actual problem? Do they get outdamaged by supportproffs?
    Endgame bosses pretty much ignore evades now
    Unimpressive damage. I am fairly sure my MA doc would OD my fixer
    Awakened Beast armor pretty much wrecked fixers in pvp. First: fixer toolset does not allow you to go with full beast set, your damage and survivability would suffer even more despite the CH nano. On the other hand, many profs now have a complete heal. Fixers in pvp rely highly on their ability to alpha. But because everyone and their mothers have now high defs, high hp, high crit resist, it is very difficult to alpha a decent pvper. Since perk recharge is slow, you really have one shot to alpha someone, if it fails, you have to run
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    Endgame bosses pretty much ignore evades now
    Unimpressive damage. I am fairly sure my MA doc would OD my fixer
    Awakened Beast armor pretty much wrecked fixers in pvp. First: fixer toolset does not allow you to go with full beast set, your damage and survivability would suffer even more despite the CH nano. On the other hand, many profs now have a complete heal. Fixers in pvp rely highly on their ability to alpha. But because everyone and their mothers have now high defs, high hp, high crit resist, it is very difficult to alpha a decent pvper. Since perk recharge is slow, you really have one shot to alpha someone, if it fails, you have to run
    Yes i notice how i get hit every time i get aggro on simple bosses like Aune in DB2. Must be a problem with stat scaling? I would love to have the option to replace enf/sold with evade tanking on slow LFT nights. But that touches only usability. Being OD'd by a doc is sad. Would the said doc be able to mainheal and still do good DD? I dont care much about PVP until i master PVM but i can at least acknowledge the problems you are describing.

Quote Originally Posted by trocadero View Post
    Yes i notice how i get hit every time i get aggro on simple bosses like Aune in DB2. Must be a problem with stat scaling? I would love to have the option to replace enf/sold with evade tanking on slow LFT nights. But that touches only usability. Being OD'd by a doc is sad. Would the said doc be able to mainheal and still do good DD? I dont care much about PVP until i master PVM but i can at least acknowledge the problems you are describing.
    Well, in most endgame raids (PoH for instance) doc needs to completely focus on heals. In most other raids, such as Aune, a doc could OD or at least come very close to fix in terms of damage. The problem with fixer is not that it has been nerfed. This profession simply did not benefit from much of the changes as much as other profs did.
    In PVM this profession is not desirable, not because it is bad, but because there are many better alternatives.

It's like:
    Enf, Doc, Sold, Crat, Keeper? - Sure please come, please make me babies!
    Engi, Shade, Agent, MA, NT? - Oh well OK, could use the damage
    Trader - <ignorant player>: trader? Meh we need something useful. <knowledgeable player>: are you nuts? trader debuffs are A-mazing!
    Fixer: GSF, HoT, Fgrid please
    MP: CM please

Devil Inside

Waki's fixer is pretty standard meta atm and most of the issues that plague fixers have been touched upon in this thread. All in all fixer is the new MP.

Thanks for all the replies.

I know what to strive for until the meta changes.

I guess i could level my 150+ soldier between raids.

on the bright side, we have an easier time hitting 11s fa!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    on the bright side, we have an easier time hitting 11s fa!
    And fix is still unparalleled in nano blitzing and RK dyna hunting

Devil Inside

NCU farming!
    Fixer - Solja Lite
    Adv - Forgotten lubchild
    Trader - Nerfed Professional

Racatti - omg ! He is alive ...
    Well trocadero ... you have some very very nice fixers helping you here, but I will do my best to help you too (as a PVM fixer ofc)

First : do you want a pvp / hybrid / pvm fixer ?
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

I suggest using those Enhanced Safeguarded NCUs in addition to compiler/hardcore/protected one. The 600 HP/Nano is a lot biggere difference for pvm than the little NR things from pande mems.

For PVM fix does ok DD, nothing special. Can't really tank or heal or debuff tho, so you have to be lucky to get that one "random" slot in new encounters.

Fix is pretty hopeless at pvp atm. Everyone except you has CH. Profs that do massive damage and are supposed to be squishy like agent and NT are instead defensive behemoths. FA usually hits for 0-2 bullets and AS is awful as usual. Evades are nearly dead tbh.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)