Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

Thread: Q4 Financial Report for 2016... It's dead Jim.

  1. #41
    Lol, official answers... I guess you're one of the optimists.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanoryl View Post
    i just got back from a cupple years away [...] so whats the point of comming back and get attached to it when you know one day in the maybe near future they are gonna rip that away?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanoryl View Post
    who said i dont play? been playing for 12 years. so i got a little clue whats going on..
    You did.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

    Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    This thread is seriously toxic. We need official answers from FC or else people is going to assume A LOT of things and spread false rumours.
    This
    Cleric "Jpreston" Firstclass - Bureaucrat Squad Commander of Paradise

  4. #44
    Answers to what? They've already said there would be no development of AO going forward. This /clearly/ means maintenance mode i.e. the game is going to stay just like it is until it finally shuts down. They also said they would continue to support the live games so long as they were profitable. This means bugfixes and such are to be expected. You're not hearing anything from the devs right now because all of FC's people are busy with the Exiles launch and TSW relaunch. Remember that AO has no dedicated people anymore, and that the dev teams are smaller now due to the many ummm 'restructurings'. People will need to be pulled from other projects in order to do any work on AO and that probably won't happen until after the TSW relaunch. AO is simply too low of a priority to warrant them pulling people from other projects at this time.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    Answers to what? They've already said there would be no development of AO going forward. This /clearly/ means maintenance mode i.e. the game is going to stay just like it is until it finally shuts down. They also said they would continue to support the live games so long as they were profitable. This means bugfixes and such are to be expected. You're not hearing anything from the devs right now because all of FC's people are busy with the Exiles launch and TSW relaunch. Remember that AO has no dedicated people anymore, and that the dev teams are smaller now due to the many ummm 'restructurings'. People will need to be pulled from other projects in order to do any work on AO and that probably won't happen until after the TSW relaunch. AO is simply too low of a priority to warrant them pulling people from other projects at this time.
    But they talked us about rebalance. They started it with agent? You ain't gonna say me they will let game as it is now? with a started rebalance for 1 prof?
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

    * http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

  6. #46
    Hey man, I probably would be ok with maintenance mode for a while if it meant a complete overhaul of AO's code and rigorous bug fixing and modernization to where some fresh developer can hop on to FCs dev tools and create stuff for AO in a timely fashion as opposed to only 2-3 people being experienced in how to develop AO.

  7. #47
    No more rebalancing, no code overhaul, no nothing, not ever! Get it through your skulls, it's over.

  8. #48
    This is what maintenance of a project means: Keeping the service running. Nothing more than ensuring the servers are functional, people can login, people can purchase stuff, and that nothing's on fire. You won't have any more developing, which means no fixes, improvements, rebalancing, new content, offers or anything. I'd be darned if we ever get someone from Funcom to even officially comment their position on this forum.
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesher View Post
    No more rebalancing, no code overhaul, no nothing, not ever! Get it through your skulls, it's over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    This is what maintenance of a project means: Keeping the service running. Nothing more than ensuring the servers are functional, people can login, people can purchase stuff, and that nothing's on fire. You won't have any more developing, which means no fixes, improvements, rebalancing, new content, offers or anything. I'd be darned if we ever get someone from Funcom to even officially comment their position on this forum.
    It's funny how categorical people can conclude things based on a single sentence that is open to interpretation. Fact of the matter is that you know diddly squat about what's going to happen moving forward. Just like everyone else here.

    It would suit several people in this thread to acknowledge this even though it might lead to a bruised ego.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

    Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

  10. #50
    It'd be nice if someone from FC could clarify wtf is actually going to happen with AO. But we all know communication is one of their biggest weak points.

    Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 199/22/49 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    It'd be nice if someone from FC could clarify wtf is actually going to happen with AO. But we all know communication is one of their biggest weak points.
    With the measured and reasonable responses from this thread in mind I honestly don't think it would be beneficial. This reddit mentality of analysing and over-interpreting every single sentence thrown our way would quickly leave people more frustrated than before. Sure, I'd like Michi to write a monthly update again, but I don't start predicting a server shutdown just because he doesn't.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

    Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post
    It's funny how categorical people can conclude things based on a single sentence that is open to interpretation.
    I'm also basing it on the fact that things have slowed down for years before coming to a halt for several months, and that there hasn't been an actual message from the so called Game Director in more than half a year, so what was said in that financial report was only a confirmation. But yeah, a single sentence, we're insane, the game is doing great, lots of changes coming people, new starting area between Subway and ToTW, some more pvp rebalancing, this round we have Fixers, MPs and Bureaucrats, new research branches, lots of new offers, the new engine will replace the old one as the default engine. Who's more delusional, us who think the game is finished or people who still think changes are going to be made?

  13. #53
    I believe Mitchi didn't just decide to vanish, he works for this company, I think they told him ok you're now working on X Y Z, drop everything and start Monday.
    I really don't think he had any choice in the matter.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesher View Post
    I'm also basing it on the fact that things have slowed down for years before coming to a halt for several months, and that there hasn't been an actual message from the so called Game Director in more than half a year, so what was said in that financial report was only a confirmation.
    Again, you're making interpretations. A confirmation of what? You're taking 2-4 pieces of isolated (and slightly wrong) information and make baseless conclusions.

    In the past half a year several exploits have been dealt with including an emergency one stripping some characters of their gear. A compensation for the latter was issued btw. The Holiday events went live as always, although the Christmas one came later than usual, and we've seen a Steam launch of the game which actually seems to be bringing more new players than most people had anticipated. FC has also launched a succesfull survival game which maybe, just maybe, pulled a lot of developer time including Michi's, but that's speculation of course.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kesher View Post
    But yeah, a single sentence, we're insane, the game is doing great, lots of changes coming people, new starting area between Subway and ToTW, some more pvp rebalancing, this round we have Fixers, MPs and Bureaucrats, new research branches, lots of new offers, the new engine will replace the old one as the default engine. Who's more delusional, us who think the game is finished or people who still think changes are going to be made?
    Nobody stated that the game was being hauled over from top to bottom or could expect major patches coming up. Where did I, or anyone else, say that?

    Bottom line is that you know nothing about what the future holds in terms of development/maintenance for this game, and you take offense at me telling you that. But hey, please go ahead and shoot me for sticking to facts instead of trying to interpret a random sentence to fit with my own grievances.
    Last edited by Avari; Mar 8th, 2017 at 16:39:37.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

    Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Avari View Post

    Bottom line is that you know nothing about what the future holds in terms of development/maintenance for this game, and you take offense at me telling you that. But hey, please go ahead and shoot me for sticking to facts instead of trying to interpret a random sentence to fit with my own grievances.

    That simply isn't true. We know for a fact that 'No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.' There is nothing ambiguous about that sentence. You can sit here all day arguing over what might constitute 'significant work' but the intent behind that statement is crystal clear.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    That simply isn't true. We know for a fact that 'No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.' There is nothing ambiguous about that sentence. You can sit here all day arguing over what might constitute 'significant work' but the intent behind that statement is crystal clear.
    Let's just agree to disagree. You guys can keep on implying a server shutdown is imminent and the rest of us can enjoy the game for years to come. I'm pretty sure the game is better off without the negative attitude
    Last edited by Avari; Mar 8th, 2017 at 19:17:40.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

    Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    That simply isn't true. We know for a fact that 'No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.' There is nothing ambiguous about that sentence. You can sit here all day arguing over what might constitute 'significant work' but the intent behind that statement is crystal clear.
    what game you been playin man ? anyone who has played ao more than 5 years and thought there would be "significant" work done on it anytime in the future, hasn't paid much attention to how things work around here.

    all you've got is the same thing that comes in this same thread every year, omg the sky is falling, ao is doomed, server shutdown imminent.
    the prognosticators of ao's doom can go play wow for all i care, they are always wrong.
    2017 - The beginning of the end.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by metaluv View Post
    what game you been playin man ? anyone who has played ao more than 5 years and thought there would be "significant" work done on it anytime in the future, hasn't paid much attention to how things work around here.

    all you've got is the same thing that comes in this same thread every year, omg the sky is falling, ao is doomed, server shutdown imminent.
    the prognosticators of ao's doom can go play wow for all i care, they are always wrong.
    Your sig kind of contradicts your post

    Anyway, I do not agree with the first part of your post. I took a break (thought I quit for good) in 2013. I returned in 2016 october and was quite pleasantly surprised by the amount of new content done in those 3 years: NPE, ICC, The Reck, PoH, new inf mission, prof rebalance. Nothing as earthshaking like a new expansion to WoW, but it would be unfair to say, that there were no significant work done on the game in the past 5 years. I guess people look at it differently when they only see the incremental small changes.
    By the way, it's not the new content that I returned for. It's like rewatching your favourite movies every once in a while. You know exactly what to expect, yet you keep coming back.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse


    Devil Inside

  19. #59
    Frankly... AO has been on a decline since 2011 or so.
    I am surprised it lasted so long.
    Also they will NOT pull the plug now. They will stop developing it (not like there was any major change lately).

    And finally. AO is not life. It is entertainment. You are no longer enjoying it? Do something else and stop wasting the time
    I personally do not regret the total of about 700 days /played time, but at some point for me it was enough...
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrystanna View Post
    Frankly... AO has been on a decline since 2011 or so.
    I am surprised it lasted so long.
    Also they will NOT pull the plug now. They will stop developing it (not like there was any major change lately).

    And finally. AO is not life. It is entertainment. You are no longer enjoying it? Do something else and stop wasting the time
    I personally do not regret the total of about 700 days /played time, but at some point for me it was enough...
    Exactly this. Play because it's entertaining, not because you need it around for the next 40 years!

    Honestly, as FC's most successful title, as long as they are in business I can't imagine them shutting down AO without an AO2 launched. Even the possibility that if they fail (Their EBIT has been negative since before 2012) another company could be interested in buying the rights to the MMO.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •