Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anarchy Online's Future.

The end is neigh!!!

/G13
    Last edited by Gene13; Mar 1st, 2017 at 10:16:28. Reason: None of your biscuits
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Thats what Jehova's Witnesses are saying for years and still nothing has happend
    Behoernchen - Adventurer - SEMPER FIDELIS

Quote Originally Posted by Behoernchen View Post
    Thats what Jehova's Witnesses are saying for years and still nothing has happend
    Any day now, I tell you. Any. Day.
    Now hand over all your creds, your stuff and your firstborn or you will not be allowed to join in AO2.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

This thread is a train wreck.

There's more than one of you that should have quit entirely a long time ago, judging by the content of your posts.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Gene13 View Post
    Any day now, I tell you. Any. Day.
    Now hand over all your creds, your stuff and your firstborn or you will not be allowed to join in AO2.

/G13
    Let me think... no

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    This thread is a train wreck.

There's more than one of you that should have quit entirely a long time ago, judging by the content of your posts.
    And also no

I think it's good to see people's thoughts, cause it is interesting to be honest.
    Prepare for trouble & make it double!

Hellenah 220/30 Doc
    Redberri 220/30 Enfo
    Zemorah 220/30 Adv
    Loreen 220/24 Engi
    Meepingnora 220/24 Fix
    Abeja 220/22 Crat
    Olindria 220/22 Soldier
    Squishyz 220/21 Shade
    Olinamina 220/19 Keep
    Queenora 220/18 MA
    Nucckingfuts 220/17 Crat
    Littleminion 220/13 Agent
    Olindra 215/17 Trad
    Olibanana 215/10 MP
    Jinglebombz 200/18 Crat

Whatever happens, I think AO should be preserved as "culturally and aesthetically significant" along with Ultima Online and WoW.
    Someone (be it Arty or another software company) should buy the IP and run a server indefinitely even if there are 5 players online at a time
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Loreen View Post
    I think it's good to see people's thoughts, cause it is interesting to be honest.
    Honestly, it's not. Speculation and endless interpretations of a single sentence takes people nowhere.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

What would help immensely is a statement here in the forums from michi or someone from FC what it actually means.
    But I doubt that we will get one.

Next official message will probably be the ceremony of the 16th birthday or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    I believe this is all, normal "let's blow the next thing on the radar out of proportion", forum drama.

Let's clarify a few things:
    1. The game's not shutting down. Not today, not tomorrow, probably not next year.
    2. The statement that's been floating around is "No further ***significant*** work is expected to be done on this project going forward." This has already been true for years, now they're admitting it.
    3. Seems no one read the actual report. They quite clearly say "Additionally, the company will keep developing and supporting the existing MMORPG's (Plural, mind you), as they are an important source of revenue and drive the internal IP's." Or, to put it simply, it's still cash flow positive.
    4. People so eager to announce they're /wrist'ing their subs are just drama queens looking for attention. No, we really don't care.

Reality is, Funcom needs to focus on surviving as a company, and telling investors... "We know the game is old, but we're going to keep it going because a bunch of people still really like it." isn't really a bad thing.

TL;DR - Literally nothing is different. It's just a report stating what we already know.
    Vinkera is right, it won't shutdown in a while, years possibly, but....
    In my personal opinion, i've played this game for 14+ years and truly have everything i can possible want or need, so if development *totally* halts i don't feel that there is any point in continue paying to play.
    If i want to be social i will log a froob toon and have some fun in chat with org/the few friends still in game or whatever.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Unless the game requires a lot of servers and bugfixes, it can run for a long time. And yes I mean that what exploits we have now is not a big deal money wise.

I've seen a game run for over 4 years without any dev at my job and it was still making a small profit when we pulled the plug.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by Boltgun View Post
    Unless the game requires a lot of servers and bugfixes, it can run for a long time. And yes I mean that what exploits we have now is not a big deal money wise.

I've seen a game run for over 4 years without any dev at my job and it was still making a small profit when we pulled the plug.
    Why would you pull the plug if it was making profit?
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Why would you pull the plug if it was making profit?
    In my experience because what little resources it does take could be used on something making a higher profit. Nothing really runs by it self. Somewhere someone pays a bill or reads an e-mail, and they could be doing that for a more profitable project.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.

XXX - N

Just to clarify the content of my post : From research, nobody really seems to know what maintenance mode means.
    It could also mean, and the second part is most likely not the case : "Games will be put in maintenance mode, when they have achieved all their goals, and the game is 100% percent bug free."

I didn't make this post because I'm angry, I'm more curious to see people's view, because a lot of players have a passion for this game specially the long-time/old school players. And I most definitely agree, games don't last forever, and I am surprised AO has lasted this long yet. Truth be told, we are kind of spoiled with AO, because no MMO is like it and personally, it makes me dislike the other MMO's a bit.. (Yes. I admit being spoiled by AO..)

Anywho - I look forward to reading more of your thoughts/views. And ignore people saying that you should quit simply because you want to share your thoughts. I like to see what people come up with.
    Prepare for trouble & make it double!

Hellenah 220/30 Doc
    Redberri 220/30 Enfo
    Zemorah 220/30 Adv
    Loreen 220/24 Engi
    Meepingnora 220/24 Fix
    Abeja 220/22 Crat
    Olindria 220/22 Soldier
    Squishyz 220/21 Shade
    Olinamina 220/19 Keep
    Queenora 220/18 MA
    Nucckingfuts 220/17 Crat
    Littleminion 220/13 Agent
    Olindra 215/17 Trad
    Olibanana 215/10 MP
    Jinglebombz 200/18 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    Let's clarify a few things:
    1. The game's not shutting down. Not today, not tomorrow, probably not next year.
    2. The statement that's been floating around is "No further ***significant*** work is expected to be done on this project going forward." This has already been true for years, now they're admitting it.
    3. Seems no one read the actual report. They quite clearly say "Additionally, the company will keep developing and supporting the existing MMORPG's (Plural, mind you), as they are an important source of revenue and drive the internal IP's." Or, to put it simply, it's still cash flow positive.
    4. People so eager to announce they're /wrist'ing their subs are just drama queens looking for attention. No, we really don't care.

Reality is, Funcom needs to focus on surviving as a company, and telling investors... "We know the game is old, but we're going to keep it going because a bunch of people still really like it." isn't really a bad thing.

TL;DR - Literally nothing is different. It's just a report stating what we already know.
    ^This

If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

i don't know what happend or what we can expect. every person translate the words in other meanings.
    On fact is, is that michi is still working on conan exiles (1/5 of his time for ao - it feels like). funcom need every developer for these game and now for TSW (more job offers are on the website).
    Conan Exiles must be finished at Q1 2018.

I think it's clear that we can't expect any new playfields, rebalancing or other stuff that need much time. Many people are frustrated about that, me too. I would like to have new ingame updates :*(

What we can expect is, that they fix the necessary bugs and some exploits. I think they need some time for that (days/weeks), but they will do it.

Some people will leave these game and the other people staying. And the negative marketing atm on steam and internet won't help AO.
    Last edited by killu; Mar 2nd, 2017 at 16:05:03.
    :::::: Canceled all Accounts - make no sense to play these game ::::::

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    This policy of silence is just simply stupid.
    Agree.

Maintenance mode simply means that active development has stopped. This means that AO will most likely continue to exist in it's current state (barring future bugfixes and such) until it eventually loses profitability and gets shut down. There will be no new expansions, no new content, no advertising, no new features. It'll stay just like it is /right now/. Only maybe with bugfixes and such, if they find the time for it after the TSW relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahela View Post
    Maintenance mode simply means that active development has stopped. This means that AO will most likely continue to exist in it's current state (barring future bugfixes and such) until it eventually loses profitability and gets shut down. There will be no new expansions, no new content, no advertising, no new features. It'll stay just like it is /right now/. Only maybe with bugfixes and such, if they find the time for it after the TSW relaunch.
    Let accelerate shut down

What????
    That means AGENT will stay FOREVER OP/BROKEN/GODMODE ???????

{edited by Bekrowe: no need for large font}
    Last edited by Bekrowe; Mar 16th, 2017 at 17:27:19.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Yes they will .. until the BS will be agents only - then they will be nerfed anyway ...

Today I was checking good old TOTW .. entered .. shift+F9 - GS=6 ... WHAT ?? Yep I was in a GS=6 in TOTW !
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast