Thread: Hiya!

Hiya!

Hello all,

First started this game way back when it first came out. Played off and on over the years, but then pretty much forgot all about it until it popped up on Steam. So I thought I would give it another try.

After recovering my account, I was surprised to see I have several level 100+ characters.

I apparently leveled a Doctor to 100, a Fixer to 129, a Martial Artist to 104, and an adventurer to 109.

I happily logged into my Fixer because I somehow remembered him being my main at this time, ran through a Whoompa and prompty was killed by guards. Guess I am Omni on that character. Had my first GLobal OCC chat because I was in flying car and couldn't remember how to get out of it. Had no idea it was equipped in my inventory. Long way to go!

After logging in to all my characters it seems like I got about 140,000,000 credits spread out between them all. I had obviously concentrated the good equipment on one character at a time, as the Doctor and Adventurer were missing obvious equipment.

I rolled up some missions on my Fixer, set them to easy, and off I went to try and remember the game. I had forgotten how hard it was to get around. The in-game map was near useless. I used the Nano to get myself into the grid, found my mission and in I went. Barely lived, but killed everything, then couldn't find the "bomb" I was supposed to defuse. I remember there is a "magic setting to use on the sliders to get 3 find person or items on the top line of missions, but couldn't remember what it was.

Anyway, I figured I should start a fresh guy since I have no idea what I am doing and that's acceptable at level 5, but not so much at level 120.

Started a Bureaucrat, but don't think I am a pet guy. The new starter area seems nice, the fourth starter area I have seen so far, (Backyard, some crashed ship, Shadowlands, and now this) I like the ability to Solo, as that is what I will primarily be doing, but seem to have already played all the self healing professions. So thinking maybe a soldier, but I am betting I would be slow as molasses. Since I like the ability to move quickly, self heal, and solo, an Adventurer is probably my choice, so going to just start a new one and see how it goes. I have memories of sitting on a rock with a "team" while a high level enforcer killed things for us and leveling very quickly, and have no intentions of doing that again. I like to earn my kills.

I am a paid player, looking for a fresh start. Going to roll up some toon tomorrow and see what happens. I hope that there are enough new players to make this game worthwhile, because I know I have barely scratched the surface. Are there any newbie friendly organizations floating around? Would love to get involved with some active players right from the start. My ideal character would be a Doctor, but I remember him being painful to level, and I would like for leveling to go somewhat smooth.

Anyway, hope to see you all in game!
    Last edited by bonedancer; Mar 6th, 2017 at 04:06:54.

hi. wb
    RIP Angels of the Night
    Tlaski / 220 Soldier
    Tlaskeh / 220 Doc
    Clatskanie / 220 Engineer

if you're clan you can look up Athen Paladins for an org. For omni not sure really. Wb to the game.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Welcome back to Rubi-Ka!

Rolling a 'Crat was easily the best decision you made since returning to Rubi-Ka

Be sure to have a glance through the Profession Academies for the relevant toon & have fun exploring

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/forumdisplay.php?141
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

WB. Reflect on making a martial artist ... good dd, pretty nice heal nowadays ... Tony always says they are nerfed, but I really don't know.
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"