Thread: A 150 adv?

A 150 adv?

Slightly unsure on the weapons. Before DoW came out, I would've went Pere + OH, but now should I be going DoW+OH so I can swap to JEPP if I feel the need to alpha greens? Or is adv FA so unreliable at this level that it's not even worth?
    edit: It would be a 225 Pere.

I would recommend staying melee at 150. A Sparkling Scimitar of Spetses + something like a Kyr could work better?
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Quote Originally Posted by Iateyourcat View Post
    Slightly unsure on the weapons. Before DoW came out, I would've went Pere + OH, but now should I be going DoW+OH so I can swap to JEPP if I feel the need to alpha greens? Or is adv FA so unreliable at this level that it's not even worth?
    edit: It would be a 225 Pere.
    Toyed with the idea of making a 150 adv myself.... IP is horribly tight. I highly doubt you will have enough IP to go for both FA and AS at the same time and produce effective results
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Melee is much better at 150 purely because of the reasons listed above, lack of IP and lack of decent/reliable weapons.
    Go with SSoS or SoW for main hand and a 240+ alien axe type240 in your left hand.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

JEPP+craphander.

225 peregrine + craphander, evades will be lower than melee tho
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Quote Originally Posted by Valour View Post
    225 peregrine + craphander, evades will be lower than melee tho
    couldn't be much though?

Assuming melee uses SSoS + 7x 225CC, that's 13 AAD *7 + 60 = 151 from armor/weaps

Ranged uses CSS I would assume over CC, and for trickle you'd go Opi, and Opi can use 244 CSS I think without too much trouble.

So then you get 25 evades per piece 7*25 = 175 evasion

Even if you only used 225 CSS that's 7*23 = 161 which still edges out the CC+SSoS.

Melee can easily use an evasion hud 3 though, and if ranged keeps a 275 scope in there, that is definitely a loss.

That's a big one for me. The availability of 40 AAO + 50 damage vs 25 AAD and 25 evades or 50 evades or whatever it is... I really like that swap. If you're stuck with a scope it's kinda annoying.

Edit: on ranged you'd use a 230-240 Right arm implant with Burst/FA +AAD + weap range I think, so you get more AAD in Right arm, compared to the QL 190 enduring melee symb.

Do you want to do PvM or PvP..

If you want to go all out DD you should go SoW+SSoS and yes top QL weapons, dual, is possible. It will cut though butter like a SoW and SSoS.... and give you some additional evades.

I'm not sure how this setup works in PvP but my guess atm is that the SA and BS from either SoW or SSoS (depends which hand you want to wield which), will be better then FA (JEPP) and AS (from either Crapshooter of ABC). Cycle time of the specials is something important and I'm not sure which are at what refresh at lvl 150 and given skills. AS you will cap 11sec (at least if you use ABC), FA I'm not sure. (the math isn't hard) but either SoW or SSoS on BS and SA will probably be much slower but there punch will be much bigger as will there normal hits be...

Isn't sow r hand only? And abc is strictly worse than craphander in every meaningful way. I have no idea why people keep bringing that weapon up unless I'm missing something huge with it.

For ABC the cycle is much easier to get at 11sec and your AR is not split into shotgun but Pistol with a bit of RE. Pistol an Advy has (but not that it matter's for AS).. The rest can be overcome with add damage (Same DD type as JEPP so go full Energy). JEPP and ABC has worked out as well (it was even easier) just I do miss the fling and burst to eat a way shields. But getting in 2x max cap with high cycle time is always fun to see on a ranged Advy.

Sow rhand only, well I'm getting rusty it seems as I'm not playing anymore...
    Last edited by Zwelgje; Mar 27th, 2017 at 15:10:21. Reason: more Energy

interesting. never thought about it that way. i guess there are fringe cases where abc outshines craphander afterall. i just feel like craphander with it's more reliable as would do more dmg with a fire bracer to change dmg than stacking energy dmg and trying to get abc to work. and the 1123 as to cap craphander should be easily doable with a scope, which you'd need for any semblance of a reliable as on the abc anyway... so really the only benefit of abc is a bit more +energy dmg from not having to use firebracer and higher ar on your 6min dmg norms, lower max and crit dmg (and thus lower as for equal multiplier) and an easier time capping AS which would be capped anyways... /shrug. this is something that needs to be tested with properly ingame.

I don't like Zwelgje's advice here. I don't advocate using an ABC at level 150. There simply isn't enough add damage available to make this setup worthwhile. Even if you did go all out add damage, you'd still only get about 400ish which is, arguably, perhaps *just* enough to make it OK in PVM, but it's really not going to do a damn thing in PVP.

For 150 advy, if you want to go ranged, go tried and true:

QL 200-225 Peregrine + JEPP for PVP and PVM

The reason I say this, and not to do the Craphander route, may not be apparent, but your normal damage matters a LOT. Advy's can get very reasonable AR with a full CSS/CC setup, and (I have a 170 ranged advy), I know from experience that you get a lot of normal hits landing that rapidly wear down opponents.

In my experience, you can Q someone, and actually not even fire specials, and still get kills. In BS, a few years ago, I recall getting kills using PARTS of my toolset, and not even trying, but just going testing mode and still getting kills: like, hmm lets see if I can go full evades, wolf, and see if I can do some damage on this shade, yep, pew pew pew pew pew not even fire specials and just outheal his stuff.

But there's more. If you ever decide to do towers, then AS is arguably more useful than FA, except it's not on the craphander due to the stupid short range - yea, you need a scope, but even then it's not that great (like 18m max or something compared to 40m actual max range). So take your FA, and just be in a team with a crat. Then, when you clear the enemies, use your superior damage to destroy towers much more rapidly.

Furthermore, you can have a AAO/AAD maxed setup with peregrine+JEPP and do very well, instead of going for maxed add damage which ends up being useless in PVP.