Thread: 25 trox trader?

25 trox trader?

Been really wanting a beastly 25 trox trader, this is what i have thought of so far: http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=204736 (ql 115-125ish imps)any suggestions or comments let me know!

not sure why you'd go stygian on a 25 trox trader with cm. higher nanoskills lead to higher drains which lead to more AR. also evades are more important than hp. i'd prolly do full cs. is this a pvm-only twink or are you planning on pvping with it? is there a particular reason you're going 2he vs neleb or something else?

probably both pvm/pvp, and dont wanna go nelebs cause its too common......you think CS would add enough to drain more than the CM would give AR wise?

i haven't done the maths but i feel like it would. mck or waki usually have more free time on their hands than me so they can do a proper analysis of cm vs cs. not sure how i feel about the stygian though. neleb is common because it's the best :P but you do you fam.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    i haven't done the maths but i feel like it would. mck or waki usually have more free time on their hands than me so they can do a proper analysis of cm vs cs. not sure how i feel about the stygian though. neleb is common because it's the best :P but you do you fam.
    It's not that I have more time.... it's just that I am a retard and prioritize going into a ridiculous amount of depth to investigate the stupid meta arguments about a game I don't even hardly play (I did finally get AO installed two nights ago, I'm now the gimpy shade poking around inferno at odd hours, also known as AEST prime time, trying to get levels), rather than work, when I'm at work.

CM gets you special AR, which in some cases can help, but due to the linearly scaling reductions on your primary weapon special (fast attack in this case) you're really only making a "dent" in the recharge while gimping your other primary toolset.

However, HP at low levels is pretty useful and a bit of extra tank can do a lot of good. I am highly sceptical of you being able to keep QL 75 merc out of OE though, and you'll be pretty limited in what you're able to cast and frequency, due to hardly any of your setup being dedicated to nanopool.

from my own experience using my 39 trader, the real value a trader has is in draining up, then getting off a frigging massive drain on a key target (either a player target, or a nasty mob), then being able to just tank it due to it having exceedingly low relative AR.

A trader can get away with using a huge weapon with no specials due to being able to get exceedingly high relative AR which generates good crit chance.

The "trade" off, is traders lack init, lack specials. So if you're trying to round out a traders weaknesses, that's cool, but at this level I doubt it's going to work that well, but to be fair, it's not going to work any LESS well than on enforcer/keeper, who are the usual users of a styg.

Imo, the thing that I think will screw you over is lack of healing. If you drain up, you'll be very low nano, then you'll need to keep up those drains to heal yourself... a couple casts and you'll be out of nano and you'll be waiting for it to refill. Sure, you have a bit more HP buffering due to CM, but my gut feel is that you'll wish you had more nanopool to work with on any given fight.

I'm with lazy on the neleb battlerod. especially if you are doing CM. You'll run out of nanopool so fast so you'll really want to be able to get as much coming in as possible to offset the relatively continuous casting that traders kinda need to do.