Thread: Account/Payment Rejections

Account/Payment Rejections

I recently began playing AO again (back after 11 years!) and I decided to purchase the one year sub. I was able to play for about 10 days- everything on the transaction page went smoothly from pending to approved. Today when I am trying to login, it says a payment failed. I check my payment method and nothing was taken out of the account, so my question is, why did it say it went through on the website and take 10 days to kick back? Another issue that I am experiencing has to do with trying to re-submit payment for this account. Naturally I tried the same payment method twice again, and both times it failed. When I tried to update my payment to a different method, the payment also failed. I know why it failed initially as there were never any funds exchanged. What I don't get why my payment methods continue to fail. Before jumping to conclusions- I have contacted the card issuer and there are adequate funds on each card Ive tried. Has anyone else experienced this? I kind of want to get back into my AO itch, but maybe this is a way of suggesting that I shouldn't? Either that or Funcom's payment system really goofed something on their end.

Anyways, enough ranting. Maybe I'll hear something on here before I hear from Funcom. They aren't too quick these days it seems.

Payment problems are no new thing for this game. If you can't get your issues resolved on your own, contact customer support through e-mail. Have your driver's license ready, if you have one. No, I'm not kidding. The problem might be that they flagged your account as being possibly sold since you've been gone so long. They'll want to confirmed that you're the original owner of the account.
    ....................................-Eridonis-
    ................-Sleighbells-................-Northpole-
    ....-Psyche-...............-Decembersky-...........-Karma-
    ...............-Winterbelle-.................-Snowing-
    .....................................-Graffiti-

This has happened to me today on a new account i created payment was approved and now says its failed.
    Derillou 205/7 Fixer Unit Member Of The Asylum
    Itzz 205/9 Doc Unit Member Of The Asylum

Had the same issue, problem was with my credit card. Funcom has some sort of black flag on a lot of credit companies lists it seems, I remember this happening years earlier. If you haven't made a payment with Funcom in a while, it gets auto flagged as potential fraud by your card company. As I live in the US, I just shrugged it off with the thought that it's probably because Funcom is located in Norway and I don't do any business there or close to there other than Germany.

Contact support. I've had the same problem and they can help if you are willing to verify your identity.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Having the same problem sent in a Support ticket 2 days ago but still nothing how long does this usually take. Will they call me to verify so I can actually maybe play this weekend ?

Yeah i sent a support ticket in 2 days ago and still not heard anything, hopefully soon

Bit weird. In my experience they usually reply within 24-36 hours depending on the time of day you sent your request.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Its frustrating, my sub expired yesterday and i did sub again, got charged, approved, and account was open, but after five minutes my account went frozen, and one more same payment have failed (as no more money on card )..So now, my membership is valid for the next year, but its frozen lol
    Neutralizers

Enfomax01
    Cratishe
    Maxone
    Leetkilluh
    Moltenfury
    Enfomax
    Onemax

My issue with this got sorted drop a ticket to support, they told me mine got frozen due to the payment having to be verified manually (it took 3 days to get a reply)