Thread: The Vacuum Sealer

The Vacuum Sealer

This item acts as a target for any one item in game. Items that have been vacuum sealed may be opened by using a screwdriver. Vacuum-sealed NODROP items may be traded or sold in the GMI.

It may seem easier to simply remove the NODROP tag from the game but I suspect this would have significant unintended consequences. Use the icon for one of the jelly things in Ado; done (mostly).

Would make Lootrights easier to work with, and at this point any changes should be about QoL.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

So, um, Vaccuum sealer purchasable with vet points?

1 per 1?

So the oldies, who have accumulated a ridiculous amount of "useless" nodrop stuff, that would be useful on lower toons or twinks, can buy a whack of these, and just spread their stuff around to their underling alts?

I like it.

People who are newer are still acquiring their gear. People who have maxed out chars have been in game for longer, have more vet points, and can distribute stuff more easily.

All makes sense. Of course, someone will complain that it just opens a new market for people selling vacuum packed BOC's.

And Awikun will complain that he spent 9 years farming collector for his pride of Xan or whatever. Who cares, QoL is ftw.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    And Awikun will complain that he spent 9 years farming collector for his pride of Xan or whatever.
    Rofl, AO can't die as long as its forum community's alive, priceless Sam, really priceless =)
    Last edited by appolonia; Mar 28th, 2017 at 17:19:40. Reason: typo as usual
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

if you wouldve asked me last year i'd have said no, but judging from what we learned wrt recent events, i look at this as the same kind of change as showing all nanos in someone's ncu is: leveling the playing field.

Not going to happen. It's just too much work to implement in AO.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Well actually this idea can be worth millions - maybe not really millions, but nice amount anyway.

I see this like :

- an item like the GRACE - can only be bought from Funcom with RL creds (can be traded, sold on gmi - whatever, but first you have to buy it from the company)
    - can be used once (is consumable) - to get ANY item in the game and make it "sealed" and ofc "yes-drop"
    - it is timed - like 24h - after that time item returns to it's original status and THE SEAL (I love this name) goes "poof" - this is at first to make it really sell-able and second to avoid gmi harassment

Anyway idea is not perfect, but is VERY nice ... I suppose

P.S. you will say that raids will stop being worth and I say no no ... will be more worthy than ever and they will take the raid bots by assault
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Not going to happen. It's just too much work to implement in AO.
    This...

basically they will need a "vacuum sealed" version of every nodrop item ingame in the item database....
    This suggestion wouldn't make sense even with a numerous dev team...
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside