Thread: dual wielding

dual wielding

Quick one on dual wield. When dual wielding does it matter which weapon is equipped in each hand if both weaps can go in both hands...does it affect specials? Thanks all

By my understanding the better gun should go in your right hand. I think this effects your damage, but apart from this it's far easier to equip a higher ql gun there (since you don't have to worry about the multi-ranged req).

As for specials, again I think only the right hand gives you specials if you have the same special (eg fling shot on both). If only the left has specials then you get those. I'm not sure what happens if you have say fling on your right hand and fling and burst on your left.

In my experience it doesn't matter what hand you wield wich weapon in.

Different weapons affect Attack Rating in different ways, I suggest you try equipping the weapons both ways when dualwielding, when maxbuffed..
    Then look at your Attack Rating (AR) and see which combination gives you the highest one.

As for specials I am not sure if it is affected, I used to wield a SOL Fire F and a Byom Blade. SOL in main hand for highest AR and Byom in offhand for high crits.

Specials i had then were Fast Attack (SOL) and Brawl, whích is skill based and no matter what weapon you use its the "same" (depending on your AR I think)

Now I use SOL Fire F in main and a Mantis Scissor in my offhand, doing the same criticals with the SOL and the same Fast Attack (SOL), the same Brawl (based on AR), and 10000 damage crits with sneak attack (at times, average is around 2500 damage).

Hope this helps you!
    TOMTEMOR

Originally posted by Zig-Zag
    In my experience it doesn't matter what hand you wield wich weapon in.
    Try wielding a SOL in main and a Byom in offhand, i get around 1095 AR then.

Byom in main, SOL in offhand gives around 850 AR.

It's all about AR boys and girls..
    TOMTEMOR

As far as I know, the attack rating is calculated separately for each weapon. So while you do get a +1K ar for the main weapon, your offhand byom will stil use the 800 ar when calculating damage.

Snuble is right... this is exactly how it works.. the AR displayed, is in your right hand only... the other hand is whatever it would be for that respective weapon.

Example ;
    RH : Byom (attack rating showed 800) LH : SOL (1000)

RH : SOL (attack rating showed 1000) LH : Byom (800)
    [these are just numbers for arguments sake]

Now one advatage from using a weapon in the main hand (right), is that say you have a Byom... the Fast Attack will always come from that hand... thus giving you a higher chance at getting more damage from a fast attack vs. a SOL.
    You can do anything at Zombo

Thanks...excellent tips from everyone. That answers all my questions. Now I'll play around with the weapons a bit. I'm still a newb to the game and I only have 2 SOL's right now, a type c and a type f...I have to seek out some other blades and such.

Oh jezik? For the time beeing, stick to sols. One thing you don't want to do is put IP into heavy weapons. Unless you go for looks and like big toys (amazing lot of advs like those raiders ).

Stick to the sols, get two Fs if possible. If your not in a guild where you can get "hand me downs", go for anything in main, and any SOL with dimach in offhand (lower MM => higher QL => more damage). You might want to play cheap and only get swords without FA, you dont miss out too much on that.

If you want to take a look at what life as a young melee adv was before SOLs, try the bow splits. Decent (at the time) damage and high crits.