Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How and where to blitz missions...

You can use stairs and ledges to the same effect.
    There are some big rooms with stairs and ledges going up along the walls, I use these to shake off the mobs.
    Just run up the stairs, wait a bit so they all are running up the stairs then jump over the railing on the top and run out of the room. The mobs will start to run down the stairs.

Oh, did I say that I love the mission layout?
    Nice big rooms and hallways where you can kite the big nasty mobs, like slayerdroids.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Wow!

Great posts peep!
    I'm a noob of 2 days, and I've just been wandering around, scratching my head and wondering about what I was supposed to be doing as a Fixer. When I spoke to other Fixers they didn't seem to know either, usually pointing me in they direction of a must-have component, weapon, etc.
    However, tonight my eyes have been opened and I can see the light. You guys have taught me more about being a Fixer, in a few posts than all the fansites I spent ages looking through today.
    I can't wait 'till the servers back up now! Thanks guys!

Norius

Originally posted by Pernicious
    Newland gives missions to Broken Shores alot. These missions are normally easier to run because of the lack of water hazards.

Also, brown cave missions are littered with water hazards. Grey cave missions are the best to run because there is just straight running... no jumping or swimming involved. If you can, try to grab 3 in the same area... chances are you will get a couple of grey cave missions.

Tokens are a snap to get... run in and out a few times and you will almost always get a token (yes, it still works).

Sprinting implants (for run speed) dont conflict with any major clusters... this will give you a good boost in speed too.
    Funcom did away with Brown Cave missions in the 14.x-something patch. (Or was it the gray cave?)

I usually do "find person" missions myself, as I'm usually running too damned fast to find a little box anyways.

95% of the cave missions I pull between levels 75-125 are 100% EMPTY. Discouraging, as I'm trying for my 1K token board at L109.
    It is easy cash, though, and POW reckless & I'm in the grid again.

I am 100% certain since the last patch in August, that many cave "find item" missions are bugged (No item whatsoever). I'm counting 40+ missions so far with no item in them, about 30 of the 40 are completely empty, with no MOBs in them at all. I've heard the same from an MP in our org (at L40 or so at the time trying to blitz a QL70ish item) that did several "find item" missions and had no item to find.

I also know all the weird places they could be: I even tried looting all the chests in hope it was underneath one; also searched the "square-room-with-the-steps-and-ledges-all-around" on every floor, was up there once...

As for picking up an item, if I'm in combat, I cant pick up the item, so I press "Q" again to shut attack OFF, then POW I pick it up & evacuate.

Barely over L100 now, blitzing L191 missions with 90-95% success rate (Failure on gigantic missions where 10+ MOBs chasing me & I cant find the boss )

>>> Rdisolyn

I have 250K extra IP unspent, so none of the roots/snares I can cast actually root high level MOBs =) Maybe I should spend some IP now...heh
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

They did away with brown or red caves in the mission upgrade(14.7- 14.8?) so now there is only one type of caves and I must that it's really hard to find items in them some time.
    Too many small rocks and crevices.

You should be able to pickup the item during combat, I do that everytime I blitz. Have you turned off Auto-attack?

And DO spend ip on your snares. They our best tool to solo mobs now. Find a long hall-way, snare the mob and then run to the other end and fire away. Only way to deal with slayerdroids and hellhounds.

Originally posted by Kaghelion

And DO spend ip on your snares. They our best tool to solo mobs now. Find a long hall-way, snare the mob and then run to the other end and fire away. Only way to deal with slayerdroids and hellhounds.
    o.O

you mean people actually try to blitz without setting full order?

IIRC setting Full Order will prevent you from getting Find-and-describe mission, at least with my setting I'll end up with find-and-return missions which to me is more work.
    A bit off-topic but I was talking about when you do (solo) missions for loot and exp and then you might actually want slayerdroids and such if there is higher chance for Cyborgs.
    Although you can use (area) snares in blitzes too if you need time to search for the mission object properly.

Originally posted by Kaghelion
    IIRC setting Full Order will prevent you from getting Find-and-describe mission, at least with my setting I'll end up with find-and-return missions which to me is more work.
    A bit off-topic but I was talking about when you do (solo) missions for loot and exp and then you might actually want slayerdroids and such if there is higher chance for Cyborgs.
    Although you can use (area) snares in blitzes too if you need time to search for the mission object properly.
    Yeah, find and return are really no good in my opinion either. Full order in combination with bad will get 'find and describe' missions.

i heart blitzing its 80% on knowing where to look
    20% on having ess and best fixer speed buff

Here is what happens to me when selecting missions
    Settings: RLRRRL

That gets me 3 find item, 1 find person and 1 fix item to choose from. Select one of the find item missions, roll new mission

same settings (RLRRRL)

This time I have 2 find item, 1 find person, 1 fix item and 1 return item. Select a find item mission again. Roll a third mission

same settings

I get to choose from 1 find item, 1 find person, 1 fix item, 1 return item and 1 kill person.

It gets really hard to find a suitable find item mission by this time, so I'll take the first find/return item or find person mission that looks good.

Bump for gr8t thread.

Just woundering if theres any new tactics since SL release and new patches?

how to farm tokens? where?

/nitrooo00000
    rerolling on rk-4

I have blitzed a ton of missions in my small amount of time playing AO...I have found the best setting for blitzing(when the mission QL is high above your level atleast) is to play with the top and bottom sliders, to get 3 find item, 1return item, and 1 repair. This leaves no possibility of you getting the mission item you need, yet you cannot do it because it it kill person. ADR's slider settings change each time he hits request mission, or generate mission. This happens when your sliders are set to their extremes (0% or 100%)...Setting the good/bad (top) slider to about 60-65% and the money/exp (bottom) slider to about 55% will give the 5 missions i stated earlier, and they stay that way no matter how many times u hit generate mission...this is for the purpose of blitzing for items, obviously not for exp/money considering where the slider is...hope this helps decrease time waiting at the terminals...

woah...back from the dead this thread
    Zeta "Gundam01" Prototype

"All that we see or seem, Is but a dream within a dream."
    - Edgar Allan Poe

Blitzing is very easy for me now, after blitzing around 500 missions...
    -the items in find items is only in a decently sized room - two "squares" atleast, that means not a tiny room, but a room which is atleast twice as big as the small rooms (you know what are those)
    -Blitzing to cave missions will sometimes (alot of times) give you an empty mission, atleast that what happens to me, but the problem with caves missions in find item is to find the item, as it's well concealed there.
    -If you get rooted in mission - use limber and let mobs hit you, it'll break the root in 2-3 hits,or while limber is running run the anti-root nano, worse case - evac.

I've been reading this thread, and there's lots of good info..but I'd like some specifics as to where to roll missions for aegean. I've got the blitzing thing down, but I want to do missions for tokens as quickly as possible..I can't seem to roll more than 1-2 in Aegean from Omni Trade..and Omni Ent terminals can no longer be used by 25+?? Any advice,please?

Bad Bad BAD! Thread necromancy is ba.... Oh whatever

Since you ask, most of the original tips in Ekasel's post are invalidated by game changes by now:

1. Agg/def slider has nothing to do with auto attack. It's still a good idea to go full def and turn off auto-attack of course

2. It's good to have a system, but it really doesn't matter one bit if you take right or left.

5. See 2.

6. See 5.

7. Probably still a point of discussion. I'd say going full order is always a bad idea. Monsters don't use roots and snares so going 50% order/chaos or even closer to chaos seems like a good idea. But this slider in combination with the Good/Bad one will change the types of missions you get, so the most optimal setting in terms of types of MOBs may not correspond with your favourite mission type.

I think I used to roll missions to Aegean from Borealis. However any 'rule' about mission locations should usually be accompagnied by a level specification since the locations you get missions to will change as you level. Aside from that, specifically aiming for cave missions sounds like a very very bad idea to me. I'm not sure why it was ever considered a good idea at all (maybe there were no small building missions in 2002?) but I'd take a nicely lit office (white) building in Omni-HQ or the darker brown buildings in BS over a cave mission any day, cave missions just have to many crooks and nannies to hide your target in.

My advice: just start blitzing aiming for populated areas (mission areas inside cities, villages and outposts). Those are most likely to be buildings, not caves. Make sure you always roll from the same terminal. If it's a building and it's small, put the location in CS so that it gets highlighted. After a day of blitzing and keeping track this way you'll notice you have at least one highlighted mission area (i.e. a 'good' area) on every roll. You can use the same system to filter out the buildings if you actually prefer to do caves of course. Mission building types are pretty equally distributed, it doesn't really matter where you roll you can always find a building type you like. And since it so much depends on the place you are rolling and your level, any specific advice anyone gives you is likely not to fit your situation.

In my experience you'll forget about building types altogether after a while. It's nice to always have easy buildings if you're serial blitzing Anima's, but these days the art of blitzing is mostly used to get specific items to sell to players. And if you can choose between getting that first nano-charged assault rifle you roll from a cave in PW or sit still 30 minutes waiting for CS to find one in a 'good' building type, I think anyone not particularly masochistic will happily take the trip to the 10th floor of the fixer grid and blitz the cave.

One of the best tips I've seen in this thread is this one:
    Quote Originally Posted by DaBear
    the items in find items is only in a decently sized room - two "squares" atleast, that means not a tiny room, but a room which is atleast twice as big as the small rooms (you know what are those)
    Note that this goes for all mission types, not just find item. Your target will never be in a single square room. Knowing this and knowing how to quickly read from the map which rooms are 1 square only has the potential to save you more time then all other blitzing tips combined IMO.

Ah, I had almost forgotten about my post here. Thanks for taking the time to reply. However, I'm still having trouble finding small buildings..perhaps when I find one, I ought to write down the coords and use it to roll for in future attempts. Is there a better way to get exclusively small missions for easy token farming than to do this? I suspect not. If anyone can offer any suggestions, the missions I'm taking are ql 150, and as I said, my primary goal is to roll a small mission..the types of mobs/etc. doesn't matter, so long as there are about 5-10 of them for easy token farming. Thanks in advance.

P.S. As to most of the information here being invalidated by game changes, yeah, I figured that out the hard way ><. Just a moment ago I rolled a very small mission in BS..I wish I could find more of those, as previously I was going a long ways out of my way to roll cave missions in s clon****, which were somewhat smaller on average than those elsewhere..but with the travel time, hardly worth the effort.

I think you'll find at least 16 mobs, even in the smallest missions, 5-10 sounds a bit unrealisticly low

Watch the money reward and time you get to complete the mission. In general the lower they are, the smaller the mission will be.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234