Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How and where to blitz missions...

yeah Bronto, and its for this reason that I want to be able to lock doors with my picks aswell as unlock them
    run to a dead end, everyone follows... lock em in the room.
    or it goes bad, lock yourself in the room and phreak out.

the pick description says that you can lock doors.. but I cant, maybe it is just me
    anyway, this is probably for another thread. so I will also add

I get missions from Avalon and to Wartorn. travel time is minimul

Hehe... I'm only lvl 24, so I get my missions from Avalon to Old Athens... travel time is extremely minimal! Of course, I'm doing missions for a little over difficult - I've found that if they're that close, in the time it takes me to recover I could have blitzed an entire 'nother missionl...

Quick question: I've heard rumors about the blitzing being nerfed. Has anyone blitzed after 14.0? And if so, what new tips do you have for blitzing missions?

My fixer and I need a bit of cash.

Haven't tried blitzing after 14.0, but I do know that pickup items are no longer guaranteed to be in a far corner.

Item can now be ANYWHERE that a chest can be. And boy do they mean that.

One time it took about 15 minutes AFTER the mission was clear (wasn't even blitzing) for our team to find the stupid MO.

Well, if its a brown cave mission, i give up on it immediatly and warp out. Unless ghod is on your side you aren't going to find the damn item. I have seen them BEHIND room riff-raff, about gave up on several exp missions because of it. They seem to have increased the spots where chests and mission items in each room can be also. Running around into the little nooks and crannies is death waiting to happen.

Grey cave missions are where its at. I can blitz grey missions many levels above me, unless i get rooted.

I haven't had a building mission come up in forever at any significant QL since most my missions gotten in Tir are in newland, mort, or perpetual wastes.

Another neat thing i found is, in newland, you can get missions in pleasant meadows in the neutral mini towns, like outside of 20k. These are great, just grid to harrys, take the boat to PM, take off in yer yalm or with speed if its all ya got, and bind outside the mission and go.
    Mordain
    Lonely Clan Fixer on RK1

"Now I've told you this once before
    You can't control me
    If you try to take me down you're gonna break
    Now I feel your every nothing that you're doing for me
    I'm picking you outa me
    you run away
    I stand alone "

Another thing - get outside buffs. They are gold.

HP buffs from Enforcers and Docs are good. If you can, a 30% reflect from a soldier is also great (Reactive Reflect field).

Also - always try to put something in between your line of sight to the mobs chasing you. If you run past a mob and hop over a table, or strafe left to put a wall between you, there is a possibility the mob is now stuck and no longer chasing you. Putting things between you and the mobs can cut the number of mobs chasing you down to 50% or less.

I tried mission blitzing and I am not a big fan of it, i rather try ti kill everything rather than running around blindly looking for items or machines you have to click while having 10 mobs beating your skull in .

I buffed my run snared all of them full defence, i die to much for it to be of any fun =/

Originally posted by Dorn B'Dinn
    I tried mission blitzing and I am not a big fan of it, i rather try ti kill everything rather than running around blindly looking for items or machines you have to click while having 10 mobs beating your skull in .

I buffed my run snared all of them full defence, i die to much for it to be of any fun =/
    Well, I had very bad luck using snares/roots. If you need to use them, you're probably in a situation where you're gonna die anyway...

Just buff your run as much as possible, use your HoT (Med hack, etc.) put your agg/def bar to def, and run like crazy.

Newbie on the block

Hi all,

New fixer here (taken a break from my Eng since I've had enough camping for a drop only nano) so I thought I'd play the 'other' crap class <jk>

I've read the blitz thread and just have one question (which I think I've answered myself)

Presumably I shouldnt even consider blitzing until I have the run buff nanos and probably one of the grid evac nanos? What level(s) should I be expecting to get these around?

Thanks
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

you dont need the evac nanos, if you die after completing the mission, then the item(s) appear in the reclaim. you can get the first runbuff at lvl 15 i THINK, but if you find a high level fixer, theyll be happy to give you a much better one.
    My lungs arent blackened by tar, they're blackened by SIN!

Have anyone else found blitzing easier since 14.4?
    I think it is beacuse of the new way for mobs to determine line of sight.

One thing I've noticed is that it helps if you don't run straight through the rooms.
    That way you give the mobs more opportunites to get stuck in the doorway
    or let it run the wrong way since mobs assume you'll continue run straight ahead.
    Let them run past you and turn back then you can run past them again
    while they have to stop and turn a second time.

This of course works best at ranged attackers.
    I've even escaped 100% brown cave blitzes at full health.
    The second line of HoTs really help.
    Oh, and at times it really helps to stop in a corner or something.
    Let the HoTs and bad pathfinding work its magic.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Blitzing is easier, it has to do with the LOS changes and the new stackable hot and the ncu hacker interface so i have better hots and run speed. I can get nailed for a thousand damage and be at full health in no time.
    Mordain
    Lonely Clan Fixer on RK1

"Now I've told you this once before
    You can't control me
    If you try to take me down you're gonna break
    Now I feel your every nothing that you're doing for me
    I'm picking you outa me
    you run away
    I stand alone "

Aegean missions?

Which mission terms give a high frequency of these small Aegean cave missions?

Can't say i blitz a lot, tried it a few times at min difficulty, was messy

Anyway i notice that my nt is getting a lot of missions in galway shire GOLD, usually they are grey cave ones with only a few rooms, think the worst was with like 2 mobs and the dude i needed to observe, sucks for xp.

settings have been difficulty at 50% then
    left
    left
    right
    middle
    middle
    left

Pulled the missions in rome blue

Maybe the type of mission area changes if i pull the difficulty up haven't tried it yet.
    As for runbuffs i looted limited grid jump(team) from a lvl 4 boss outside omni ent, it even says ql4
    Last edited by Sweede; Dec 16th, 2002 at 14:34:50.
    Rimor Server
    Robotgubben lvl 173/14/29 engineer

< ql 75: Avalon to Aegean
    ql 75 - 110: Harry's to Aegean, Clon****, BS
    ql 110+: Tir to BS, Clon****.

QL200+, Omni: I recommend picking up missions in Mort for Omni-HQ. Yeah, they're not always the short caves, but they are the white indoors type often, which means they usually don't have much obstructive terrain nor are objectives hard to spot.

It's also easy to grid directly there, the area has no aggro mobs (if you're omni anyhow), and all the missions are very close together. They're also very common and I generally only take about 3-5 minutes to pull 3 radar missions for anima nanos in HQ.

I'm level 40 at the moment. Been blitzing since level 20 or so with mixed results - just got a Yalmaha, it's a lot less frustrating now. I noticed a couple of people mentioned getting better rewards out of find item missions - that true? I wasn't aware that different mission types gave different rewards. Anyway, my big problem is that I have no idea which items are worth blitzing for. Up to now I've been taking mostly find person or repair object missions and trying to compile OP armour sets, which generally takes a long time and at QL70 rarely yields a million credits on the market. QL70 battle suits only sell for 11k with my 210 comp lit. I'm starting to think that this is just a bad level as far as mission rewards go. Can anyone give a general idea of the best rewards to aim for at certain mission QLs, and what type of mission should be taken to get them?

Cheers.
    Last edited by Syme; Jan 4th, 2003 at 10:55:18.

I must say, what really helps blitzing is having the fixer grid...An absolute must for the hardcore armor set maker

The fun thing about find item missions is you get a reward and you get to pick up the item you had to observe. I hear though (and do so myself) that a lot of people just blitz full money.

Well I think ql 26 was the one for the quartz rifle
    ql 10 for pillows
    ql 160 for belt
    ql 200 for nearly everything

One thing i regret skipping over was not trying to solo team ql 57 (ql 60?) missions for a PPPE. Hehe I've said too much, I'll let the rest of our fixr xprtz answer what I havent.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

The reason I've never bothered with find item missions is because I can't pick the damn things up with angry mobs behind me. Is there some way around this?

Turn off auto-attack in Options(F10)->Misc.

As a bonus the mission items in Find-Item missions will be at least 5% higher ql then the mission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast