Thread: New use for tokens: IP reset points

Lightbulb New use for tokens: IP reset points

As it stands currently, there is no more use for tokens after a character has obtained the 1000 token board. It would be nice if additional tokens beyond 1000 could be "spent" to get IP reset points.

For example: for every 1000 additional tokens earned (number to be adjusted as appropriate), a character can receive one additional IP reset point.

This wouldn't be too overpowering because getting the required number of tokens isn't a trivial task. However, if you really wanted to reset a skill but didn't have any reset points left, and you are willing to work hard and earn the necessary tokens, then you can obtain an extra IP reset point with enough effort.

Since the mechanism for awarding and keeping track of tokens is already in the game, and an IP reset-point system is already in place as well, it is hopefully not too much extra work to implement. It might be done as a change to the 1000 token board item - for example, if you right-click on it, and you have at least 2000 tokens, then it will add one reset point to your reset point pool and subtract 1000 tokens from your token count. It'll give players a reward for earning tokens even after they get the 1000 token board.
    Next
    Level 140 Opifex Adventurer
    Rimor

Bumpety bum bum bump BUMP!

I like this idea.

I can also be helpful for people who blow ipr early on. Or people who have had certain weapons nanos etc. changed by game mechanics. Funcom would have an out in those cases because they could always say "You can get extra IPR from token points to reclaim your IP you spend on XYZ skill." Might help silence those people who are always crying for a complete reset too

The idea is good in that it does give something cool, but it takes work to get.

so..

BUMP!!

Exclamation BUMP!!!

Great idea. That woul keep higher level players who have their 1000 token board alot more intrested. Alital more work for some more chances to exspirament with your skills some more. You always dread having to use a reset point on a skill you dont need anymore in fear that you might need it again or that youll run out of reset befor you finish your skills the way you want. Would ease alot of pressure knowing that if you put forth alital work you could finish instead of ruining a char you spent over a year and lots of money making. Also would set some nice goals for everyone else who dosent have a 1000 token board.

VERY good idea, i would like to see this idea put into work.
    Jack "Frostblack"
    Level: 41 Shade

Gui "Neocore" Montag
    Level: 58 Enforcer

Neo "Xeroscope" Kaviera
    Level: 200 Soldier

Thumbs down

to see my opinion on this see one of the other

934857394578029847920 threads on this topic

*hint* bad Idea
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

People posting ideas for ways to earn IPR's should also realize that any use of the letters IPR in sequence creates a tremor in the force that brings Yazule out to do battle

This is a age old debated topic, im sure by this point the dev teams are aware of it, its in their hands now. Eventually I hope there will be a way to do it, that takes WORK to do. I always agree with Yaz when anyone wants free ones, and to quote him "IPR given out like Candy = BAD IDEA"

Jagdtyger

This thread isn't really about whether or not IP reset points are good or bad. The main purpose is to present a possible idea that would give some value to every token earned, even after the highest token board has been achieved. Sure, additional token boards might be nice, but eventually there would still be a limit. By allowing players to "buy" IP reset points with tokens, it creates an infinite token sink that never increases the character's power (the total number of IP that a character can spend remains constant, no matter how many reset points are used).
    Originally posted by JagdTyger
    Eventually I hope there will be a way to do it, that takes WORK to do. I always agree with Yaz when anyone wants free ones, and to quote him "IPR given out like Candy = BAD IDEA"
    I totally agree that IP reset points should not be given freely or easily. In fact, the purpose behind this idea is to require a lot of effort on the player's part. If 1000 tokens per reset point isn't enough work, then make it 2000, or 5000, or even 10000 (whatever Funcom thinks is sufficient effort). If a player puts in the effort to earn 10000 tokens just for the chance to reset ONE skill, then in my opinion that player has earned it.
    Next
    Level 140 Opifex Adventurer
    Rimor

People posting ideas for ways to earn IPR's should also realize that any use of the letters IPR in sequence creates a tremor in the force that brings Yazule out to do battle

roflol

coffie came out my nose on that one! hehe
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

BUMP
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Due to early token farming what happened, my suggestion is next one:

You can get example 1 IPR/500 tokens. Point is that taking those IPR will clear you token board.
    And of course you can use this ability after you have 1k board.

Those who are at high level have the best advance to get those tokens back - at low level twinks(/exploitters) wont get any advance from this.
    2c
    Lyijy Engineer
    Zernia2 Ancarim Iron Legion Enforcer

Thumbs up Bump

I think it's a great Idea. It will also prevent people from deleting their first character because when they started it they didn't have sufficient game knowledge and blew alot of IP on blue skills. I think the number of tokens spent on an IP should rise with the number of IPs you already gained, until a certain limit (like 10k perhaps).
    Mechanozoid, OT Engie
    Heavymech, OT Nanogimp
    -------
    The Mystical Black Knights
    -------
    "Never underestimate your enemy. You never know how many Mechdogs hide behind the corner..."