Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA 40.72 Drivers causing problems

Just got my newly built PC up and running with the 40.72's and I have the same problem with chat text. I will try the 32 bit solution and see if that fixes it. This new system should run at higher detail than my old one too

New PC (Custom built)

Leadtek nForce2 K7NCR18D PRO
    AMD 2200+ CPU
    512Mb Samsung DDR333
    Maxtor DiamondMax+ 7200 40gig HD
    GeForce2 PRO 64DDR ( waiting on Leadtek A250 TD 4400)
    WinMe

this system is using the latest Unified Driver Package from nVidia for nForce1/2 Mobo's

update

the 32 bit fix was all I needed to correct the chat issue.

Hello, anybody home?

Can we get more hats and shades instead of updates to all these technical issues? I'd really appreciate you keeping up the great work. Thanks!

I downloaded the 41.09 drivers from nVidia and noticed I, too, need to switch to 32 bit colours to avoid the text bug.

Tested this on a GF4MX440, AMD Athlon XP1700+, Win98SE, DX8.1
    /born Porter was born on Thu Jun 28 09:19:52 2001.
    I'm a Porter, Porters don't PVP.
    First Light

The 32 bit fix hasn't worked for me.

Can't read chat with new drivers at all.

(Win 98, geforce2 mx400, dX 8.1)
    Last edited by Ogonja; Dec 17th, 2002 at 22:27:07.

Ogonja,

Same problem here. I tried it to see how much it might slow me down by going to 32-bit and I still got the blocky text.

Windows98Se, DX 8.1, Geforce2mx 400, 64 mb vid card

Our systems look a little similar.

The worst part about this is that some of the newer games that I'm going to be picking up very soon, require me to have the latest drivers. Well, if AO doesn't fix this problem, then I'll have to quit AO if I want to play other newer games. I just can't keep switching the driver back and forth for each game that I want to play.

This really needs to be fixed. I don't understand why we don't hear anything updates about this. Are we in such a minority of the player base that we don't matter enough to warrant a fix to the problem?

yes they work

autocloud yes the 3082 does work in battle field, a few buddies and i play all the time, we all have Gforce 4s from the 4200-4600 so they all work with those drivers :-),,

I have the nVidia GeForce2 GTS with new drivers and I'm having those text problems. All text is showing up as colored boxes. I'm running on Win 98 SE on a PIII 733 w/ 256MB RAM, Direct X 8.1. Had no problems with the previous drivers, so I'm going back to that. Thank you for the help with the fix.

Horndesu
    Last edited by Nukidesu; Dec 23rd, 2002 at 04:28:10.

Are you running in Wndow mode...if so, try Full Screen and see if that solves your problem.

i also recently got a Geforce 4 128mb card. I do not have problems with chat text, but i do have problems with graphics ingame, in general. I can see through walls, the ground is often multi cooured instead of hte colour it should be. Also when i am moving, especially flying, i get massive flickers all over the graphics

Recently upgraded to a Pentium 4 2,4 ghz from a p3 500 mhz and I suddenly got a load of problems with AO and my nVidia card.

Whenever I play in windowed mode I get "bullet time lag" the game slows down for a sec then return to normal for a sec and back again, this best appears when I just entered the game and when music is played, actually when music is played at all the game goes into this madness.
    The music also starts to jump.. however when im zoning and nothing gets rendered evrything returns to normal. so I figured there might be a resource allocation problem.

The same problem is apparent in fullscreen mode, but due to the fact that nothing else has to be rendered but the game its less appearing, though it do happends but only for a few hundred ms instead of seconds.

Im Currently Running on a p4 2,4 ghz with 256 ddr ram and got a GeForce 2 MX 400 64 mb.
    Using Windows XP without the SP1 but with all the current hotfixes from the microsoft autoupdate site.
    Im using the 41.09 nVidia drivers and also got DX 9.0 installed. the problem was also apparent when running the 40. WHQL drivers.

EDIT:
    I just applied the hotfix mentioned here and there is no more problems
    Last edited by Lumin; Jan 5th, 2003 at 00:24:22.
    Operation impending doom 2 seems to have started with patch 15.6.5
    12.6 first contact, 14.6 second attempt, 16.6 Invasion of the gabber bots ?
    Old and bitter player, currently playing: Justincase GA4 wearing phix0r
    Originally posted by Cz
    I already saw this thread, but refrained from answering due to the pleasant show of confidence from Lumin.
    Sing a song for FunCom

Post no problem

I'm using direct x 9.0
    WindowsXP pro
    Geforce3 Ti500
    asus mother board
    1.7 ghz p4 processor
    40.72 drivers

no problems
    Rookie James Metallica86 Hetfield: Level 193 - Agent (Grandmaster Assasin) (Now with Map Upgrade - Side!!!).
    Misterquick: Level 47 fiXXXer - 0% effective $150 mil. twink - Applicant of Obsidian Order

Sell me your QL220 clusters!

Metallica86 - Now building your ql 200 implants.

Proud owner of Anarchy Online: The Notum Wars... WAIT A SEC! Nothing is different!

Originally posted by WeaselMode
    i also recently got a Geforce 4 128mb card. I do not have problems with chat text, but i do have problems with graphics ingame, in general. I can see through walls, the ground is often multi cooured instead of hte colour it should be. Also when i am moving, especially flying, i get massive flickers all over the graphics
    Change your settings in the launcher. You get offered two modes, one is T&L and the other is DirectX HAL, try the other one and see if that helps. I had a similar problem when I first got my 4200.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Font Problems with nvidia 41.09

I got the same Font Problems that were mentioned in the first post, i am using the newest nvidia drivers version 41.09

gforce 2 mx400
    windows 98
    directx 9

Gonna uninstall and install the recommended older drivers, hope that will work ;P

Had the same thing once before when I started AO in fullscren mode. I usually play windowed so I relogged to windowed and it worked.
    Until today. I had been messing with my wallpaper and now I had the block font.
    The 32-bit thing worked tho.

Duron 650
    256 RAM
    Gainward GF3 Ti200 128
    Win98SE
    Ike "Fikksit" Schatz - General of Desert Winds
    Sleep is for the weak

Originally posted by Bhaaz
    Ah, yup, using those drivers with no apparent problems with the fonts. I'm curious if the mouse lag issue is driver related, though... definitely having problems there.

Windows XP
    Standard Geforce3 (no TI of any sort)
    DirectX 8.1
    Okay i just installed these drivers on sunday. the first time i installed had font problems but fixed that with a reinstall. Everything was fine til tuesday. Now i experience mouse lag from hell almost all the time to the point i am about to cancel my accounts. took me 5 minutes to sell 2 bags of loot to the shops just now.

Anyone know if this is caused by the new drivers? Going back to the old drivers is not a option due to instability for some reason. If i can't fix this some other way there is no reason to keep my AO accounts running which renew tomorrow.

*edit*

after reading the rest of the responses yes i too like everyone else switched from 16 to 32 bit and that is what cleared up the text problem. However the mouse/turn lag is unbearable right now.

trying the other fixes mentioned to see if they work.

*second edit*

tried mockers fix. Seems to have worked for the most part. Stil experiencing some mouse in syrup problems but atleast it is bearable now i wish i came here 2 days ago when the problems started not really happy with the fix but atleast i can get back to playing AO,.
    Last edited by KrazyKanuck; Jan 17th, 2003 at 07:16:24.

I am having the same problems with mouse and fonts appearing as squares

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 1/24/2003, 17:57:23
    Machine name: OEMComputer
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 98 (4.10, Build 2222) A
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Gateway, Inc.
    System Model: Gateway, Inc.
    BIOS: PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0
    Processor: Intel Pentium III, ~547MHz
    Memory: 384MB RAM
    Page File: 138MB used, 1526MB available
    Primary File System: FAT32
    DirectX Version: DirectX 8.1 (4.08.01.0881)
    DX Setup Parameters: None
    DxDiag Version: 4.08.01.0881 32bit

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type:
    DAC type:
    Device ID: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0028&SUBSYS_00031274&REV_11\ 000800
    Display Memory: 32.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1600 x 1200 (32 bit)(optimal refresh rate)
    Monitor: Gateway VX900
    Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
    Driver Name: nvdisp.drv
    Driver Version: 4.13.01.4109 (English)
    DDI Version: 7
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 11/18/2002 14:15:00, 103424 bytes
    Driver Signed: No
    WHQL Date Stamp: None
    VDD: *vdd
    Mini VDD: nvmini.vxd
    Mini VDD Date: , 0 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4368-11CF-C961-0220B3C2C935}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x0028
    SubSys ID: 0x00031274
    Revision ID: 0x0011
    Registry: OK
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    DDraw Test Result:
    D3D7 Test Result:
    D3D8 Test Result:

The fonts were fine at the 1600x1200x32 setting but the mouse was brutal. It seems to split from game cursor so I end up with the game cursor dead and the regular windows one out on desktop. I do play in windowed mode.

I only have a 56k connect (nothing better available where I live). Anway, because I have such a crap system set up it was suggested that I do 800x600x16. Sorry to say I have tried every 16=bit setting with the 41.09 drivers and no luck. So right now I seem to be stuck with very bad mouse performance (what a nightmare at implant time). I think I will try ealier driver and see if I can use the 16-bit setting. Wish me luck, and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I don't use this computer for all my own things and I had to install the newest GeForce 2 drivers do he could play Sim City 4 and now im getting block text and cannot do a thing about it, anyone know how I can fix this?
    Nanopoint
    The level 212 Atrox Meta-Physicist of Atlantean
    [Equipment] [Info] [Un-Guilded]

I had the block problem when I was messing around with resolutions with the 41.09 drivers. Seems AO didn't like any of the 16 bit resolutions.

Try fiddling around with resolutions anything at 32 bit seems to be ok.

As for my problem above, I found that if i lowered my resolution the mouse seems improved. While I am not thrilled with the size of my game now the mouse seems to be ok.

Exclamation found a solution

I have an
    AMD K6-2 3D NOW!
    512 MB RAM
    GeForce 2 MX 200 32 mb
    win 98 full updated
    directX 9
    I've had the same problem in 16-bit color
    Ok i found a solution to this problem. It worked for me
    I set up my desktop and color depth to the same values as the game (800x600, 16 bit color) and now i am playing with high textures and no block over the text. I hope this will help to everyone with that problem

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast