Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NVIDIA 40.72 Drivers causing problems

Mouse Problem..

Here's what I did to fix it for me anyway..

Right click Desktop ->

Select "Properties" ->

Select the "Settings" tab->

Click the "Advanced" button ->

Select the "Geforce 2 GTS" ( or whatever the name of your video card is) tab ->

Then look on the left to a little menu and select "Performance and Quality Settings" ->

The middle scroll bar should say "Antialiasing" and range from Off to 4x.

You then move the bar all the way left so that Antialiasing is OFF.

Click ok on everything and start up AO.

Now try..

No Joy

I already had antialiasing turned off, maybe I should turn it on.

I tried switching to 16 bit but that still make block letters at any resolution.

My resolution for game is the same as my desktop 800x600x32.

Using te 41.09 drivers. Running in windows mode.

The mouse is better, but man, the screen is so big.

Was running the 40.72 drivers, bought Unreal 2 today, had texture issues there, so upgraded to 41.09. Now I have chat text corruption. Have always run in 32bit mode, so that is not the issue.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

41.09 problem

I just installed 41.09, upgrade from 2x something and had the chat text problem. Raised the game resolution to 32 bits and the problem was gone. My computer is:

Dell Dimension XPS T700
    Gforce 256 32 MB
    384 MB RAM

Have not seen the problem in any other game....yet.
    Hammerr
    member of Tigre Claw

Also Kenih (trader), Rujin (doc), Vargas (keeper), Haimatzu (MA)

Downgraded to 30.82 and all is peachy again. However, I may have been in 24bit mode after installing the 41.09 drivers (looks like it may have reset my desktop colour depth) so that would probably explain the chat text.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Had the problem with blocky chat BUT only when playing full screen. Switched to windowed mode and I was fine again. Using GForce4 Ti4200
    40.72 Nvidia drivers

I have been using the latest drivers for a long time now, with no problems to AO.

But today I log in and I get the blocky text crap.

If I need to get the old version for my g4, A lot of my other programs wont run. I guess Ill just wait to see if this gets fixed.

Takin a break
    Fetamysicist
    Sentinull
    Phix001

When are you going to make AO compatible with the newest video drivers out there? You should be trying to keep up with technology, not keep us in the past. There are reasons why new video drivers are released, to correct bugs in past versions. Lets get AO moving in the right direction?

RockMike
    I do alot of work on computers and I have identifyed the probleum. If you play Ao in 32 bit mode and set the grapics card to 32 bit mode you recieve no probluem using the drivers. However, if you set Ao to anything lower then 32 bit texture (ex: 32/16 or 16) while setting the grapics card to 16 bit mode. You will recieve the blocky letters. If you wish to play Ao in 16 bit mode you most set the grapic card to 32bit and AO texture to 16 bit.

Blocky text problem here too, but only in full screen mode, in spite of being at 32bit. Window mode looks fine.

P4 1.8GHz, GeF3, 1G RAM, Win98

I just came back to AO and the client was STILL crashing to desktop and doing system lockups. I decided to go to ATI.com and get the new catalyst 3.1 drivers and control panel. Put it in 2x AA and whatever the second thing is under it, and it looked great and has not locked up since.

/edit
    argh I was thinking ATI not NVIDIA. Sorry wrong forum no delete button for posts?

Nvidia & crashes fix

Hello
    I was consigned to the Black Screen of death crash, Not a good thing in the Middle of a Tarasque Raid.
    I found a fix for Win 98 & Me users, It involves Regedit.
    My problem as I have Upgraded a few Vid Cards since start.
    My Solution was I needed to take out all the old drivers & leftovers that remain in my registry that were still there & Veggin Sys when left to create havoc.
    A nice Article for the crash fix is here.
    http://www.evga.com/articles/public.asp?AID=8
    My fix, was removing all voodoo & 3dfx, & PA256 drivers in the registry. Happy now no more crashes.

Win2k
    512 Ram
    XP2000+ (CPU)
    GF2 (64MB)
    Nvidia 30.xx

After SL my problem occured. Screen looks as if my graphic card is too low for the requirements.

:(

I havnt been able to get AO to launch since installing SL. I login, and launch my toon, then the SL face comes up on the blackscreen, I get some music, then bam... im crashed. C++ runtime error. I have tried the old and the new drivers for my video card, my antialiasing is off, and I have set both my desktop and AO to 32 bit mode as well as other combinations, but no luck, I keep crashing the same way over and over. HELP!!!

System:
    geforce mx 440
    AMD 1.6 gig
    256 megs ram

Anyone having this happen to them? I'm not even getting in to see if my text is blocky...

So if you are using these drivers, please reply with your video card, OS, and version of Direct X, and state whether or not you are having problems.
    EVGA FX5900 128 Meg (I've tried several different driver sets)
    WindowsXP
    DX9.0b

I'm having the runtime issue, but the fonts and all are fine.

Motrox-

I had the same issue. I was eventually able to get mine to work. But perversely it was by setting vid settings down to 16bit, not up to 32 bit as suggested in the tech forums, and using various different dumbed down vid settings, different resolutions etc. Try this- it may work for you also.

Running/falling

Lately just since the SL patch i have had a problem of getting a falling message and running like on ice, barely moving, anyone else getting this with their Nvidia? I have had this problem in places where previously had no problem I have tried switching from 32 to 16 bit and the problem still persists runing 1024 x 768 res. Gforce 5200 128 meg. card
    Do not seek truth through brighter light, or inspection of appearances. you may find the truth, but it may not be what you were looking for.

Card: The holder of this card is certifiably WIERD

Treat him/her/it as appropriate

Re: Running/falling

Originally posted by Ashkellion
    Lately just since the SL patch i have had a problem of getting a falling message and running like on ice, barely moving, anyone else getting this with their Nvidia? I have had this problem in places where previously had no problem I have tried switching from 32 to 16 bit and the problem still persists runing 1024 x 768 res. Gforce 5200 128 meg. card
    Same here running the 40.72 drivers on a Geforce3 ti200. Hehe...running on ice is a good description. At those times even my mouse pointer feels like it's sliding on ice. Weird.
    Metalhand - Soldier of Fortune (money, that is)

My current armor setup.

well thank you funcom, my game looks perfect, but besides that, my comp freezes after i play AO for 1 min!

now here is my threat:
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...hreadid=209861

with a screenshot for hopw it looks without the patch, now people.. PLS fix me

jeez, thanks allot players, funcom all you methods didnt work but elso rusulting the ****ing up my other game NFS underground.. TY

Yup. Serious NVIDIA / AO compatibility problem.

GEFORCE MX 440
    512 MB DDR
    AMD Athalon (1.67 Ghz)

My computer has a fresh install of windows XP Pro. Along with latest drivers and a new install of AO:SL.

First thing I did was play AO. Nothing else installed on the PC except my OS and Drivers. AO still crashing. My game is playable for the most part... it just crashes at a frequency of about 1 crash per 4 hours. Intermittent.... just reboots my computer cold in the middle of playing.

Got back online MANY times at the reclaim terminal. Getting very frustrated.

Going to read some more or this forum and possibly try an older set of drivers. Because ORIGINALLY I did not have this issue. It has only happened recently. I regularily update drivers so it could be that a fix is to somehow downgrade.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast