Thread: rearrange listing of chat chanels

rearrange listing of chat chanels

Please re-arrange the listing of chat channels in the group window, the problem is when the window is opened the slider always stars at the top and I have to roll it down to the bottom to get to the channels I want. Scrolling past hoards of shopping and lft channels which I only turn on and off about once a title lvl (ie practically never) but I am constantly wanting to hop between and/or toggle things like my org, vicinity, etc etc.. I’m not asking for them to be listed alphabetically in reverse, just all the hardly used ones such as shopping, looking for group, voice of freedom, org.towers, and OCC channels to be separated off and stuck at the bottom of the list so that the channels I frequently use can be accessed quickly and conveniently.

Tiggy

Yeah, the 'organization' of this list is completly dumb. I can't guess what the design principle was, but it sure wasn't designed for use.

To my mind what is required is that the channels you have selected go at the top so you don't have to scroll to find them. Unselected channels should follow, be ordered by date of last use, and have an option to be removed. If you weren't braindead, you'd also have an option somplace to have removed channels reinstated.

have you tried the shown only button?

It will remove all your inactive or unselected channels from the window.

Switch on switch off, Danial son
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

hehe i found the shown only button only days ago, and i have played since realease. yes its real useful

Also there is possbile to make macros for chat channels. Like /macro team /ch team

will put you on team chat

GL

Not sure what you mean here but..... there are short cuts for switching channels.

/r <message> will reply to the last person who sent you a tell

/o <message> sends a message to your guild

/v <message> Vicinity

/w <message> whisper

/g <message> your current team

probably more but they are the biggies
    Kissysuzuki 220 - 24 - 60/70
    Minisuzuki 205 - 9 - 13/70
    Riders of the Lost Org

"Enforcers are being nibbled to death"

Yeah, I've gone through the show active channels only phase.

Ultimately it doesn't cut it because I often want to mute all selling and lft channels when I'm in conversation with someone. Clicking them off is pretty easy, turning them back on is an exercise that is just too stupid to bother with. No thanks.

Yeah, I have these change channel macros too. And it works for things like changing between vicinity, team and guild, but its just too messy when you get 2 lft channels and multiple selling channels plus OOC. etc.

These little hacks are ultimately work-arounds to a bad design. Fix the design and you don't need this baggage, and it'll work significantly better as well.

Yes I have scripts, and use some of the default macros just like everyone else, but when you get yourself invited to a private chat group or even join one of the many chat bots etc etc you often want the convenience of being able to click on the channel. I shouldn’t be forced to make macros and have to type /something-or-other before every line of text. I should be able to get to the channels I want easily. The reason for the post is that every time you zone the slider is reset to the top of your channel lists and all the ones that you used to be able to get to 15 seconds ago now require you to scroll that slider again and again and again.

What’s the matter don’t you think that is a good idea? I refuse to believe that you really think the current arrangements are perfect!

Tiggy

The shown only button isnt good enough any more too many channels. I have to scroll every time I wanna shift between guild and vicinity. I like the idea that they are sorted after last use. But if that is not possible then at least reorder them to something like:

guild chat
    vicinity
    OOC
    team search
    shopping

Any know the purpose of "voice of freedom" (never seen it used) and "org. towers" (ppl say that you are banned if you use it) channels ?
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

totaly agree with you there Metaing.

Usefull stuff at the top, crap like "org.towers" and "voice of what ever" at the bottom.