Thread: Next patch -> no new items, just fix the damn lag please!

Next patch -> no new items, just fix the damn lag please!

Howdy people,

Eversince patch 14.7 came out AO is lagging worse then ever. The old shop lag is back too, and spread out to missions as well.
    I hope funcom will fix this soon, because I cannot play AO at the moment and am forced to cancel my subscription even though I believe AO is a great game
    FunCom please listen!
    People want to be able to actually use the new items and fun stuff, so please please fix the lag, nothing is more annoying then having a good game, but not being able to play it!
    K. now I know you are going to say it's a client side problem, but hey, here's the big news, NOTHING changed on my side, AO was always running well, BUT something BIG changed on the server side after 14.7 and you know it. Please fix it or you might find a lot of players leaving, while they do not want to.

Greetz,

Gridsurfz.
    (actually no gridsurfz anymore coz all chars are deleted and my account is gone after this month, hope to get back when all the bad lag and other bugs are fixed)

Yep lag is at an all time high,coupled with the fact im being warped around in missions.Was fighting some mobs 2 lvls down and kept being warped to the main entrance.Finally made it to the boss and was warped three times to the main entrance and once outside.My battles are stalling completely because of lag and sync problems.My weapon is not reloading,manually or otherwise.Most every mission i roll seems to end up in controlled land.I believe that warping is attributed to that.And while im typing i might add that friends of mine that got scrotum wars tell me im not answering there tells.(So im not recieving their tells), because i refuse to pay for that garbage bug ridden booster pack.
    This has been going on for days and the game has become unplayable for me.Hey Funcom tell me what i should do,because obviously you can't fix things right no matter what it freakin is.

Sorry to see another person leave this game because of these problems.I firmly believe now this game is hopeless,and will never work correctly.
    Last edited by Poppyfex; Dec 16th, 2002 at 03:32:19.

Same here black doors and warping in missions and huge lag spikes in places where there used to be none. All since NW was introduced. So either the tower code is bugged and lagging the servers or the servers can't handle the load.

Bum...Pidi.......BUMP!

teleporting in missions

Am i the only one beeing teleported back and forward in my mish? Kinda annoying when exploring a mish, suddenly i'm back to square one..

forgot the warping in missions

sorry forgot to mention the warping in missions.
    It's not random warping though, it seems more like a sync problem. You appear to be walking in the mission, but then the server catches up and ' corrects' it and you are back where you came from. something like that anyways.

Like I said before, I really don't want to leave AO, because all the new goodies are awsome, but I'm not paying for a game that doesn't work. Make it work and I believe a lot of people will return!!!

Gridsurfz,

me too..

*Bumb*
    Best Regards
    Gladiator Maximus Wizzerrd Meridius
    Squad Commander of Project EDEN.
    Level 205 Nanomage MP.

I am required to kill, so I kill. That is enough!

Lag is mazingly high takes sometimes up to 5 min for me to zone and black doors often ,, yes fix this please its annoying to say the least.

Same

BUMP

Although lagging and sync issues haven't rendered AO unplayable to my system/Net link, I've been killed several times now by being in a fight, then being transported back a few rooms and being confronted with black doors, taking damage, and no way for me to inflict damage on mob several rooms away. Annoying! Please fix!

:-)

Zenster