Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FC nerfs Christmas

Exclamation FC nerfs Christmas

A December event that lasts one or two days nerfs everyone with a life, friends, family, anything and everyone - except for the small group of uber-MMORPG AO obsessed fanatics.

Don't nerf Christmas - make the santa leets and bronto reindeer hu8nting take the rest of the month of Decmber. Give everyone a chance to get in on the fun.

FC is like the bartender and Ao is like beer. Serve Hapopy Hour all December long - dont just have free beer on Christmas day for the drunks who live upstairs of the bar.
    My husband came home with a tube of KY jelly and said, "This will make you happy tonight!"

He was right. When he went out of the bedroom, I squirted it all over the doorknobs. He couldn't get back in.

Q : What must a woman do when a man is running around in circles?
    A : Reload, adjust the scope, and carry on shooting.

A couple are lying in bed. The man says: "I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world"

The woman says : "I will surely miss you"

it would be really great if these special event thigns took place over longer periods of time; but if you have a happy life outside AO then who cares, it's just a game.

Ah... but what about people with unhappy lives?

Or... really boring relatives?
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Jynne
    Or... really boring relatives?
    Playing AO while really boring relatives aaround you is dangerous, as they may leach on, go by the game and suprice you with a /tell HEY HEY guess who!!
    My husband came home with a tube of KY jelly and said, "This will make you happy tonight!"

He was right. When he went out of the bedroom, I squirted it all over the doorknobs. He couldn't get back in.

Q : What must a woman do when a man is running around in circles?
    A : Reload, adjust the scope, and carry on shooting.

A couple are lying in bed. The man says: "I am going to make you the happiest woman in the world"

The woman says : "I will surely miss you"

I just want my arrow.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Fine by me.

But, then again, I'm not a Christian, and neither is my family, so no boring Christmas events for me!
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Lucky heathen.
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.

I'm no heathen!

Surely running christmas events on christmas day entails FC staff being around on christmas day to run them?

Quite frankly if FC can muster enough staff to come in on christmas day to entertain a small handful of die hard social insomniacs then Norway must have one hell of a work ethic.

They could be Jewish. I mean, Hanukah's over already, and Purim isn't for months.

For that matter, where were my Maccabee Leets!?!?!

Heh. Jews in Norway. For some reason, that just makes me laugh.

(for all of you inevitable flamers... I'm Jewish. Don't go picking this fight, because I *will* make you regret it.)

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    They could be Jewish. I mean, Hanukah's over already, and Purim isn't for months.

For that matter, where were my Maccabee Leets!?!?!

(for all of you inevitable flamers... I'm Jewish. Don't go picking this fight, because I *will* make you regret it.)
    correctly spelled Chanukah

Correctly spelling it would require support for a Hebrew typeface.

There's no such thing as a proper English transliteration. Chanuka, Chanukah, Hanukah, Hanuka are all acceptable, as are double-K variants. There are probably some I haven't seen, for that matter.

Rest assured, I can write it in Hebrew. chet-nun-vav-kaf-hey

Man, it's been YEARS since I took Hebrew classes.

edit: Obviously, vav in its vowel form as the oo sound.

We agnostic/atheist hybrids with Christian parents might as well be considered Christians around Giftmas time.
    Hi.

I'm heathen, but I enjoy christmas with my family all the same

And I'd like to see the christmas stuff in AO last until the 31st
    /me want to see a Santa Leet !
    Seid. Clan Nano Technician, Atlantean
    Proud member of Opposing Force ( Website )
    Seid's Hideout : Home of the Friends List Tool
    I would like to see a mail system in AO, for letters, money and goods, and with mail order !

Christmas

I'm not sure about anywhere else, but in England we traditionally celebrate twelve days of Christmas. Christmas Eve through to Twelfth Night (January 5).

12 days should be long enough for everyone to get into the spirit of Christmas and kill a Santa Leet
    "You know how these so-called 'Environmentalists' are all vegetarian? Well, there would be a lot more of the Environment if they stopped eating all the plants..."

Harry Hill

and there I was thinking Hebrew was when the man had to make the tea and coffee!
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Well, we got them here too. Luckily, the Third Reich didn't manage to wipe them all out.
    The Lion Banner sways and falls in the horror-haunted gloom;
    A scarlet Dragon rustles by, borne on winds of doom.
    In heaps the shining horsemen lie, where the thrusting lances break,
    And deep in the haunted mountains, the lost, black gods awake.
    dead hands grope in the shadows, the stars turn pale with fright,
    For this is the Dragon's Hour, the triumph of Fear and Night.

Robert Ervin Howard

Correctly spelling it would require support for a Hebrew typeface.

There's no such thing as a proper English transliteration. Chanuka, Chanukah, Hanukah, Hanuka are all acceptable, as are double-K variants. There are probably some I haven't seen, for that matter.

Rest assured, I can write it in Hebrew. chet-nun-vav-kaf-hey

edit: Obviously, vav in its vowel form as the oo sound.
    hehe, here's something you might find interesting

[Witztum: ] I will describe here a brief experiment that was carried out on the topic of "Chanukah." This topic can be spelled in one of two ways in Hebrew: "XNKH" or "XNWKH". Furthermore, each of these spellings can be written with or without the prefix "H" (the definite article): "HXNKH" and "HXNWKH".

Oh dear, a Halachic source used as a spelling authority. Most people use a dictionary. Of course, he is not really using the Mishna Brurah for the spelling. Almost any book written without nikud (vowel marks) would have done as well. The edition of Mishna Brurah printed with nikud uses the short spelling XNKH, but this time he has to suppress his usual preference for vowel-reduced spelling and hope that nobody notices.

it just gets more interesting.. if you'd like to read it -> http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/witzum/Judah.html

I found it very fascinating

Originally posted by Emiko
    "XNKH" or "XNWKH". "HXNKH" and "HXNWKH".
    Looks like a load of car number [licence] plates :-)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast