Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken Promises

The first "neutrals" appear when Omni-Tek employees - as well as clan members - abandon their affiliations and settle in non-political zones. Fearing more ICC interventions, OT authorities turn a blind eye to these neutrals.

Alteredstate the fact remains that one of these "non-political" zones, no matter what you wish to call them, Newland is in the Northern half of Rubi-Ka. This is the only city that I refer to as in Clan territory, and it is considered a Neutral city even though it used prodominantly by Omni personnel. And is on the Northern Hemisphere of the terraformed regions of the planet.

June 23 29222

The first Rubi-Kan civil war ends when the last of the independent groups of former Omni-Tek employees known as the clans surrender their weapons and vehicles to OT forces.

Yes that is the First war. There have been 3. The second Civil war was the one where the Clans gained their rights to land. Which were later taken away by the anullment of the Tir Accord.

July 04 29223

The clans are granted a limited lease on land from Omni-Tek in return for an end to all future armed hostilities and the continued cooperation with Omni-Tek's mining operations. This is the Clans Rights Treaty - the true birth of Rubi-Kan independence

The limited lease you spoke of is as of this moment non-existant. Which means that the Clans technically dont own or have any control over it, except for the control that lies in their weapons and hearts. That is what the Notum Wars is all about. Yes they used the word limited. That limited only pertains to the mining of Notum. It has nothing to do with ownership of said territories. Only with ownership of the Notum that is mined. This is what the original limited lease said as well.

Excerpt from the Tir Accord of July 5th 29470
    · Omni-Tek is the superior governing body of the entirety of Rubi-Ka, but will leave to the Council to supervise the areas of Tir, Tir County, Athen, Athen Shire, Aegan, Northern Artery Valley, The Big One, Avalon, Mort, Newland, and Western Endless Plains.

· The Council and its affiliates will control, and are free to administer in whatever way they see fit, all natural resources in their allocated districts, with the exception of notum.

· Omni-Tek will remain in control of existing notum mines in Council-allocated districts.

· Any new discoveries of notum in Council-allocated districts are free to be mined by Council-affiliated organisations.

· Any notum extracted under Council administration will be shipped directly, and in its entirety, to Omni-Tek storage, compensated by Omni-Tek according to current, floating ICC rates.
    End excerpt

Those are the only limitations imposed on the Clans as it pertains to ownership of anything in the Norther Territories. And now it has once again become a strong arm rule. Whoever has the biggest gun, owns things. Neutrals have no right to claim lands in the North just as the Clans have no rights to claim lands in the south.

OOC:

/me smirks
    Now beat that!
    /me winks

End OOC.
    Last edited by Fixerben; Jan 5th, 2003 at 03:29:45.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

aaronb said:

At some point we're going to realize that neutrals already have more than enough bases in clan territory. That and you don't really represent significant opposition. Hmmm.
    If you want war, bring it. And you'll see how we "don't really represent significant opposition" I think you may very well find your self suprised.

I welcome the chance.

Lion's Den has the support of Synergy Factor. Please let us know if there are any other neutral bases that look appealing.
    As stated, take them, and see what happens. After all, we are but ghosts in the wind, right? OR have you not the courage?

Jynne said:
    Either you are Neutral, or you are a third side in the conflict for control of the planet.

You can not be both, so choose. And if you choose to be a third side in the conflict, don't complain when we treat you like one.
    Every person has a different definition of what is neutral. Some lump them as a faction... often seen as too weak to do anything. Others, see them as indipendent and in it for themselves.

Every person has an opinion. In truth, I'd say 90% of the clans and maybe 50% of omni should really be classed as neutral. Neutral in the sense that they serve their own self intrest. Indipendent of any Idealogical part of this war. I openly claim my independence. Its well past due for many others to do as well. The popular War of Clan vs Omni has faded to dust. Dust to dust ...

In truth, you can be both, Neutral and a third side in the conflict. Or call it a forth or fifth side if you so choose. There are so many shades of grey that it is hard to see the difference.

Some neutrals may want control, others peace, and others still a stabel government, but all are neutral to the idealogical crap of the past.

Neutrality is an ever changing side. its the murcury of the world. Push it one way and it may go that way, push it another and it may go there... but beware the poison it causes when touched.

Clan ... Omni ... you both are the same. Both fighting to enslave a planet. One with structure. One with Chaos. Both destroy the world. Two sides of a coin of death...
    Last edited by Silinar; Jan 5th, 2003 at 23:26:22.

Talking >:)

hmmm let's see here......it seems Benja you have made my point for me

No 1. The Tir Accord. As you say it gave the clans 'Supervision' (not ownership) and as you go on to say it has been anulled.

No 2. Clan land in the north....I didn't see Northern Hemisphere.....anything north of the equator could be called North (thats just a matter of physics and semantics).

No 3. As you say...it is now a case of Strong Arm Rule....therefore if you can take it and keep it...it's yours. So the statement that neutrals have no right to claim land in the north just as Clans have no right to claim land in the south is voided by your own admission. The clans have every right to stake a claim in the South...it's just harder to keep the land.

The clans claiming they are the supreme power in the North and Omni Tech are the supreme power in South makes Silinar's statement correct.

"Clan ... Omni ... you both are the same. Both fighting to enslave a planet. One with structure. One with Chaos. Both destroy the world. Two sides of a coin of death."

The more the clans grasp for land and notum...the more difficult it becomes to see the difference between Omni Tech and the Clans.

By stating that Neutrals have no rights to claim, you prove that the "freedom" the clans so highly value is worth no more than a scrap of notum.

OOC
    Nice one Benja
    I think using the words "no right" was a mistake though...but thats just my point of view
    Altared (aka Alteredstate)

------
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

If You Can’t Dazzle Them With Brilliance, Riddle Them With Bullets.
    ------

You know, as one that was brough up in the Clans, and fought on their side for many years, i find it realy sadening to see that they have more or les become the monster they hate so much.

Every day i get reports of peacfull, neutral travelers going about their own things being gunned down by the so called "Guards" the sentinels placed in Tir. I am Omni, and i take a calculated risk every time i go through Tir. I can handle that i may be fired upon, while these poor souls can not.

Then there are the poor ICC guards stationed outside Newland City. Almost every time i go there i see them getting slaughtered by this or that person that has nothing better to do with their time or ammunition.

Now, to be true, some of those that do that are Omni, just as some Omni guards has been known to fire upon Neutrals when sighted, but the Clans, at least the Clans i knew, where about freedom and personal choice, and not about controling their own area just as hard as Omni-Tek.

OOC: Fixed a spelling error and added a part of text i forgot about.

Re: >:)

Originally posted by Alteredstate
    hmmm let's see here......it seems Benja you have made my point for me

No 1. The Tir Accord. As you say it gave the clans 'Supervision' (not ownership) and as you go on to say it has been anulled.

No 2. Clan land in the north....I didn't see Northern Hemisphere.....anything north of the equator could be called North (thats just a matter of physics and semantics).

No 3. As you say...it is now a case of Strong Arm Rule....therefore if you can take it and keep it...it's yours. So the statement that neutrals have no right to claim land in the north just as Clans have no right to claim land in the south is voided by your own admission. The clans have every right to stake a claim in the South...it's just harder to keep the land.

The clans claiming they are the supreme power in the North and Omni Tech are the supreme power in South makes Silinar's statement correct.

"Clan ... Omni ... you both are the same. Both fighting to enslave a planet. One with structure. One with Chaos. Both destroy the world. Two sides of a coin of death."

The more the clans grasp for land and notum...the more difficult it becomes to see the difference between Omni Tech and the Clans.

By stating that Neutrals have no rights to claim, you prove that the "freedom" the clans so highly value is worth no more than a scrap of notum.

OOC
    Nice one Benja
    I think using the words "no right" was a mistake though...but thats just my point of view
    Ok and the point I was trying to make is that the Clans won that land in the first place. You just took it the way you wanted to. And I dont speak for all the Clans. I am simply helping everyone to understand everyone elses point of view.

As I said, I have no problems with Neutrals. I have many Neutral friends. Yarko for example, Guild leader of Independant Rubi-Kan's.

According to the recent deregulation of the Notum mining anyone can build a mine anywhere. That is correct. But in respect of spheres of political influence it is expected that Omni would not put a base outside of Avalon. That would be just plain silly. I am not claiming anyone to be a supreme power of anything. I am only talking about political influence. North is Clan, South is Omni. It has always been that way.

And I have no wish to own land. I am not in a guild. I have no towers, and no ties to mining of any Notum. I only profit from peace...

Originally posted by Xhairs
    You know, as one that was brough up in the Clans, and fought on their side for many years, i find it realy sadening to see that they have more or les become the monster they hate so much.

Every day i get reports of peacfull, neutral travelers going about their own things being gunned down by the so called "Guards" the sentinels placed in Tir. I am Omni, and i take a calculated risk every time i go through Tir. I can handle that i may be fired upon, while these poor souls can not.

Then there are the poor ICC guards stationed outside Newland City. Almost every time i go there i see them getting slaughtered by this or that person that has nothing better to do with their time or ammunition.

Now, to be true, some of those that do that are Omni, just as some Omni guards has been known to fire upon Neutrals when sighted, but the Clans, at least the Clans i knew, where about freedom and personal choice, and not about controling their own area just as hard as Omni-Tek.

OOC: Fixed a spelling error and added a part of text i forgot about.
    Xhairs I along with many others do not approve of the Sentinels presence in Tir. I do not gun down anyone senselessly, or at all for that matter, I dont own a gun. I know many who are strongly opposed to the Sentinels, and all the things you speak of in your post.

I am here to bring a democratic government to Rubi-Ka. I fight to found a government by the people, for the people.

If you are serious about reparations why do you not just give them their land back and go claim your own from your avowed enemy?

It is NOT appropriate, nor acceptable reparation to invite them to start a war with Omni that they have specifically avoided.

Sorry, your offer of reparation does not seem to be particularly sincere.

To make a point...

absolutely NO one who placed a base on unoccupied land 'took' it from ANYONE else.

When ICC deregulated mining they specifically did NOT designate areas as Clan only, Omni only, nor Neutral only. All opened parcels of land were left to ANYONE, independent of faction, to 'homestead' as a mining operation.

The entire notion of 'Clan territory', 'Omni territory' or 'Neutral territory' is an artiface of our own muddled thinking and ongoing strife. It has NO basis in ICC regulations and mining deregulation.

Using 'territorial rights' as reasoning for attacking legally held land is simply self-righteous justification for barbarianism.

Re: To make a point...

Originally posted by Nelida
    When ICC deregulated mining they specifically did NOT designate areas as Clan only, Omni only, nor Neutral only. All opened parcels of land were left to ANYONE, independent of faction, to 'homestead' as a mining operation.

The entire notion of 'Clan territory', 'Omni territory' or 'Neutral territory' is an artiface of our own muddled thinking and ongoing strife. It has NO basis in ICC regulations and mining deregulation.

Using 'territorial rights' as reasoning for attacking legally held land is simply self-righteous justification for barbarianism.
    When I was referring to clan territory, I was referring to all of Atlantean.

Cheers.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

Re: To make a point...

Originally posted by Nelida
    absolutely NO one who placed a base on unoccupied land 'took' it from ANYONE else.

Yes Nel, I agree. I was only trying to help everyone understand dantes point of view. You know how I feel on this subject.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12