Thread: got a couple trimmer questions...

got a couple trimmer questions...

I went looking for trimmer info and didn't find anything in the past 3 pages so...

1) I see that there are 3 or 4 different kinds of trimmers, do the effects stack for each type? Can I use a positive agressive/defensive trimmer and a divert energy to offence trimmer and a aggro trimmer and have the effects from all 3 stack? Or does 1 cancel the others?

2) The positive aggressive/defensive trimmer plays with the aggro bar of the pet right? So at what ql trimmer does the pet attack at 1/1? (edit: to clarify. at what ql trimmer is the pets aggro bar at 100%. maby they never attack at 1/1 I dunnno )

3) Any general trimmer advice?

Thanks in advance, my little retard bot needs all the help he can get so I think I need to use trimmers .
    Last edited by SpankyMcfly; Feb 1st, 2003 at 16:48:07.

I would suggest for #3: http://www.anarchyarcanum.com/gadget...ontrimmer.html

Aggression trimmer. As high as you can use. It works pretty good for getting that mob off the Doc etc.

You'll see your bot pull agro with a high level one. I have.
    Elbo - LVL 220 Top of the line: Supreme Creator Engineer

Making 5 Gem Saba Bracers! Give tell in game!
    Crat - LVL 209! Doc - LVL 170,MA - LVL 106,Fixer - LVL 103,Keeper - LVL 140,, MP - LVL 109, Shade - LVL 165
    QFT: 1800+. EE: 2400+. ME: 2400+. Chem: 1800+ WS: 1900+. Psychology: 1800 Pharm: 1800

Making QL300 AI Armor and Weapons!

Yeah, I got a ql 44 aggression trimmer made, tho it'll be a looong time before I can use it (still on the lookout for a ql 30 trimmer case).

But can I use the aggression trimmer at the same time as a positive agressive/defensive and a diver energy -offense trimmer?

If they cancel eachother out I'll have to think long and hard on which one to use, my bot's holding aggro ok with damage alone so far, and I think I'd favor the trimmer that speeds up his attack.

You can use these trimmers together for the combined effects of all 3, and they compliment each other well (and no, one doesn't undo the effect of the other).

The only thing that limits your trimmer use is the skill that it locks... the offense one locks your ME skill for 5 mins, which means that you can't use another trimer that locks ME until the effect wears off.

You can use trimmers that lock different skills together, tho.
    VdpMeat ex-MA Engie

Use the pos agg trimmer as soon as you can and once everytime you zone.

Use the offense trimmer once every 5 minutes for added AR (attack rating) bonus.

The aggresion trimmer is useful as well. Use it once at anytime a mob is attacking something and you would prefer the mob to be attacking your pet.

There are other trimmers that are useful, but not until very high levels and by then, you will have enough experience under your belt to know what to do
    Tashia Munchausen Age, RK-2 Clan Engie, El Presidente of EcoDisaster.
    Munchausen's EE Layout
    Sill the best starter guide for making towers

“Computer games don’t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us…we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music”. Krisitan Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989.

Originally posted by Munchausen
    Use the pos agg trimmer as soon as you can and once everytime you zone.
    I thought this one only had to be used once, or is the trimmer bugged?

You are referring to http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&id=88384, correct?

hmmm, I had thought the aggression timmer was used once per zone like that positive agg timmer was. So it's used instead like a taunt? When the mobs attacking you (or someone else I suppose) you use it on your bot to make the bot taunt? How effective is it at that? The only taunts I've used were nano taunts from solds and enfs, and the mechanical taunts from aggression enhancers (during my days as an enf and a sol respectively), and they didn't seem to work worth beans .

And does nobody know exactly how much the positive agressive/defensive trimmer trims for? I got it into my head that there might be a sort of cap on effectiveness... or damn, does it just keep jacking the aggro bar for the pet up? Kinda like a permanent flurry of blows maby . I don't suppose it matters , I doubt if I'll get my eng over lvl 100, 's not like any of my other characters did .

<--permanent lowbie

But it would be nice to know at what point your pet attacks at 1/1 and then stop at that ql trimmer, I wouldn't want to make my bot too aggro, he'll get critted out the ying/yang.

Originally posted by Cemetarygate
    I thought this one only had to be used once, or is the trimmer bugged?
    I don't think anyone's quite sure. Personally, I think that the effects from the +ve agg/def seem to stick with the bot until you terminate him - this patch. What it was like in previous patches and what it'll do next patch are anyone's guess.

As for the aggro trimmer, that does seem to work better if used once per zone, although it could be my imagination. It doesn't cost any nano, so I use it on zoning anyway, to be on the safe side.

Cheers,

~R~

There is good evidence that trimmer effects stop when you zone. To be cautious, might as well use it every time you zone. It may change from patch to patch.

The aggresion trimmer needs to be used only once, but the effect only works on the mob the bot is attacking. A new mob - a new time to click it.
    Munchausen's EE Layout

“Computer games don’t affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us…we’d all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music”. Krisitan Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989.

Once per mob?

OK, it's time to get down to details. Does the bot actually have to have landed a hit for the trimmer to work? Will it work if he's tried to land a hit, even if he missed? Or is it enough for him to be in attack mode and going after that particular mob? What about guard mode?

That's the problem with trimmers, the intructions on the packet are a bit ambiguous. Sooner or later I think we need word from the Dev-In-Charge-of-Trimmers on this one.

Cheers,

~R~

Since the aggresion trimmer requires no nano to use, when in doubt, spam it.
    Munchausen's EE Layout

Originally posted by Munchausen
    Since the aggresion trimmer requires no nano to use, when in doubt, spam it.
    Actually, its the divert energy to x trimmers that dont require nano and lock your ME skill for 5 minutes (the duration of the effect).
    Agg trimmers DO drain your nano, but last the life-span of the pet (as stated, some argue that it only lasts till you zone). Would be interesting if the aggdeff settings were stated in the /pet report.

Slight crossed line there I think. The Divert Energy to Aggression trimmer is often referred to as the "aggro trimmer", but I can see how the same term could apply to the +ve Agg/Def trimmer.

Anyway, I was referring to the divert trimmer, not the agg/def version and I think Munch was too.

Cheers,

~R~