Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Damage Dumper post (for those who still have problems)

Another Damage Dumper post (for those who still have problems)

Part 1 - Making the Damage Dumper work:
    I've been playing around with diffrent damage dumpers, and found a fast way to make it work. It actually involves using 2 diffrent damage dumpers:
    Auno's Damage dumper - http://auno.org/ao/damagedumper.html
    AO Parser - http://www.neero.ws/aoparser20040804.rar

First, you have to find out the char ID of the character you are using. Log him/her/it in and press shift+F9 to find it. Take a note of that number...

I only use auno's damage dumer as a setup for AO parser:
    Unzip Auno's Damage dumper, and change the shortcut that comes with it to the correct folder, and change it to php.exe insted of php_win.exe (I had to do that atleast).
    Double-click the shortcut and press the "Select char" button. Then you browse to the Anarchy Online directory and into /prefs/*account name*/*char ID*/ and click OK button.
    What auno's DD actually did now, was to make a chatwindow for you, and that's all we need for AO Parser to work. Close Auno's DD, and open AO Parser.

Click the button upper left, and browse to AO folder, and further into /prefs/*account name*/*char ID*/chat/windows/windowdd/ and double-click on the log file there.

All set Start AO and look at the numbers flow!

Part 2 - Chat commands (not necessary):
    In the Tools menu, you will find a menu-item that is called 'listen to chat command'. It's probably grayed out (atleast is was for me).What I did, was to enable text input on the damage dumper window inside ao (the window that Auno's Damage Dumper made). Rightclick the window in friends list, and you'll find something like 'Enable text input'.
    I also had to check 'make AO macro', and Click the 'Customize' menu-item and make a new aoparser file. (In the Tools menu).
    After all that, it should be possible to enter these chat commands to add/remove players into the dumper from AO:

Add player:
    dd:addplayer %t

Delete player:
    dd:delete %t

Reset all statistics:
    dd:resetall

Delete all players:
    dd:deleteall

To display damage dumper statistics in chat, just type a '/' and the name of the aoparser file you made when clicking the customize menu.

Edit:
    Fixed a broken link

Edit2:
    Added chat commands quide
    Last edited by neero1982; Dec 11th, 2005 at 15:41:33.

Very helpful! Thanks so much!
    Thevoice 211 Crat

Darlankl 212 / 12 MA

Hecton 205 MP

good to know it helped someone ^^

This helped me a lot too- thx for the info!

Ok.. just curiouse.. but since there is a damage bumper..
    is it possible to make a Heal bumper..
    Would be fun to see how many hitpoints i have healed during a raid, session..

or how many hitpoints have been healed on every player (not neccessarily from the doc only)?
    Respiration... Low.. Heartbeat..!?.. .. Low.. MEDIC!!!!
    .. ...
    Oh forgot.. That is me!

Quote Originally Posted by neero1982
    What auno's DD actually did now, was to make a chatwindow for you, and that's all we need for AO Parser to work. Close Auno's DD, and open AO Parser.
    Huhh, isnt it easier to make that extra (if needed) chat window yourself, than having to download/install a 3rd party program to do it for you ? Just do : shift-C, make new chat window, enable all combat channels/disable all other, then enabling logging of the new window, and you are ready to start AO Parser.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

Quote Originally Posted by Moontouch
    Ok.. just curiouse.. but since there is a damage bumper..

or how many hitpoints have been healed on every player (not neccessarily from the doc only)?
    It will be possible to see what you heal others, and what others heal you, as that info are sent to your AO client. But you cant see what other heal others.
    Funcom Content Designer

How to get started on TestLive
    How to write bug reports

A lot of small steps make one giant leap forward.
    "Patchnotes: Nerfed all characters named Metaing, they where too powerful."
    To bug or not to bug, that is the question
    Run like a man or Die like a woman

difference between dumper and parser is?
    and what's the latest version>
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."
    I am Luciesa - Octowuss - Ssupotco

still addicted since 2001-07-03 11:55:38

Quote Originally Posted by Moontouch
    I'd love a healdumper too, but the healing reported isn't right, if I heal a person hurt for 1 hp, I get what the heal could have healed reported.

Another reason is also stated, you can't see what other heals other. But, could make network version of healdumper, but I doubt people would run any 3rd party utilities that had net trafic to random (your team) ips =)

Quote Originally Posted by octopuss
    difference between dumper and parser is?
    and what's the latest version>
    Dumper and parser is made by two different people, so the difference between them would be like the difference between Ford and Toyota.

I mean I THINK I heard that some time ago, after a patch, one of them or maybe the original and only dd stopped working... is aoparser the one that needs all combat spam to be enabled to count dmg? The other one was working in different way...
    "Many philosophical problems are caused by such things as the simple inability to shut up."

Is DOES need a window where all combat spam is - well, spammed. You do not however need to have that window visible, so its no problem.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

I know that, just asking what programs are out there. Or is it just 1?

Quote Originally Posted by eaze
    You do not however need to have that window visible, so its no problem.
    doh, had not thought of that...always have showing and scrolling away
    Jexai - TL5 Doc
    Jawiz - TL7 Engie
    Jayri - TL7 Fixer

Admin for Jexai's AO Guides

Um.. I cant access the files called php.exe afther rename and befor and Damage Dumper, I need to get into Damage Dumper to get that "chat" thingy to use aoparser

Quote Originally Posted by hamagata
    Um.. I cant access the files called php.exe afther rename and befor and Damage Dumper, I need to get into Damage Dumper to get that "chat" thingy to use aoparser
    I didn't quite get that?
    It's the shortcut you have to edit.

I can't seem to get that AO Parser link to work =) Is there a way to see what kinda damage was done where from who with Auno's then? Or if someone who already HAD the AO Parser .zip could email it to me.. That'd be wonderful.

blueflorist62@hotmail.com please =)

aoparser installed & running: no problem. can somebody explain how you can add/remove player from AO chat window ( from which chat window, what are the commands to use etc. ?), and why the 'listen to chat command' is always greyed out - at least for me.

Thanks for help/advices

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast