Thread: Reporters WANTED!

Reporters WANTED!

Are you the one people come to when they hear something and want to see if its true ? Have you ever seen two people engage in combat and the image stuck with you and made you want to tell others ? Are you a socialite that loves to go to parties and then tell your friends what all the famous people did the next day ? Are you the first to know when something major happens on the world of Rubi-Ka ?

Gridstream Productions is seeking out citizens of Rubi-ka that would like to contribute their knowledge and writing ability to inform the citizens of Rubi-Ka of ongoing news in our world. Gossip Columnists, Party/Social Columnists, Field Reporters, Battlefield Reporters, Headline News Reporters, and more are all needed to keep your fellow citizens up to date on the world around them. You will receive full recognition for every report you submit and hear it live via our gridstream!

If you fit any of the above descriptions or are interested in becoming a freelance reporter for GridStream Productions, please contact Tristalyn via in-game or on the boards for a full explanation of duties, requirements, and other various information. Or e-mail tristalyn@gridstream.com

This message brought to you by GridStream Productions.

Thank you,
    Tristalyn
    GridStream Productions
    Marketing Director
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

*mini-bumpage* ^_^
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

It is possible....that my drunken, stim addled sister might be interested in resuming her life as a journalist. Lord knows she needs some focus in her life. I'll speak to her.
    -Finalizer Vixentrox-
    Former President and Founder,
    -Whisper's Edge-
    Former Member of the Atlantean CoT Clerical Staff

Socializer 73% Killer 53% Explorer 53% Achiever 20%

Kissysuzuki -
    WTB small enough brain and lack of imagination to be able to sit and solo hecklers for 5 days straight.

Thank you Vixentrox! If she is have her contact me.
    Tristalyn, Kaidence, Daquri, Sexykitten, Brittain
    GridStream
    Ich gebe Decavolt meine Seele und Körper
    Voted by the community - Funniest Female - Most Eligable Bachelorette and Best Doctor! Thanks! <3
    Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! Hugs! HUGS!
    .·´¯`·..·» You've just been RAINBOW hugged!! «·..·´¯`·.

Surely GSP wouldn be so one sided as to only show one side of things...Perhaps a new Recipe in each issue?
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))

If GSP is run by the clans then they can be as one sided as they want. I mean if its theirs its their right to.

We have our little prerecorded msgs to keep us company anyway
    "Try your new gun on a clanner today"

"Omni will expand clans will vanish"

oh yes i love that sound

Forgive me for being skeptical but, is this going to be a serious news reporting service that will attempt to avoid biased reporting or will it be where accuracy and factual reporting take a back seat for "entertainment" ?

Kithrak,
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Surely GSP wouldn be so one sided as to only show one side of things...Perhaps a new Recipe in each issue?
    That would constitute "one sided", my friend. Otherwise known as bias. No can do.

is this going to be a serious news reporting service that will attempt to avoid biased reporting or will it be where accuracy and factual reporting take a back seat for "entertainment" ?
    Here's a couple clauses for ya, official:

1. We cannot 100% garauntee that all reports will be provably unbiased.

2. We CAN garauntee that we're serious about trying to remain as unbiased as possible in the news reports. We will attempt to edit any obviously biased report as much as possible to keep it unbiased and news-worthy without destroying the content and factual message of the article.

3. Any article that we deem to be overly biased in either direction but neccessary to retain said quality WILL include an attached disclaimer that the article is considered "non-endorsed", and is given as-is without neccessarily sharing the views of GridStream Productions.

((Semi-OOC)) That road goes both ways, and is admittedly a cover-our-butts statement...rest assured, though, that we are serious about maintaining a pragmatic attitude towards journalism. In turn, please understand that we cannot control it if we, for example, get 90% omni reporters and 10% clan reporters, or vice versa...we can only hope that THEY retain a journalistic neutral stance. The required reading for applying reporters specifically pleads as much.
    --The connections that enable us to learn are infinitely more important than our state of knowing.

It is reassuring to hear the efforts to remain unbiased. I wish you luck in your endevor and that you will be hearing from me in the near future as a viable news outlet.

Kithrak,
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Gr00vy, I say. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by Tarryk

That would constitute "one sided", my friend. Otherwise known as bias. No can do.
    You dont like my recipe for GSP Salsa?
    Bliqz, Agent, Omni, Atlantean, "Iron Chef of Rubi-Ka"
    God is a bullet.

((The IC only RP forum is back. Bliqz is an Omni Extremist, and his posts IN THAT FORUM reflect that attitude. I can be reached by PM if you feel I have personaly offended you, and I will be happy to change/temper my post. Thank you, and have fun!))