Thread: Nano resist...

Question Nano resist...

Ok, I noticed this from my second day of playing, way back when. Even posted on old forums (the pre-mod old) might as well throw it up for grins again.

All skills get increases when you boost abilities, based on their 'required' abilities. (and of course you can't increase them if your req abil are above some level, I don't know offhand but it seems like 2 x the weighted average of abils is the skill cap, baring level caps)

Except for nano resist.
    You could be a 200 nanobreed with maxed int/psy...and 5 nano resist. Bad idea...but possible or is it a bad idea? read on and reply...

Can we get nano resist to have the 'latent' boost ALL other skills have? Its hard enough to find IP, and psychic is required by very few skills as it is (and its usually only 20-40% of reqs except nano pool and resist) so give us all a little something else for boosting psy

Any comments? I'd love to hear the dev's stance on this, with all the other stuff going on, bugs, new content, patching, nerfing(oops did I say the last one out loud? etc maybe its just been overlooked all this time. Or not given a second thought.

Also, does NR actually work? I have friends who can cast hostile ql1 nanos on me repeatedly with 300 NR...sometimes it resists but seems ot be quite rare, even when compared to skills like parry.

Oh yes...how about something that uses NR? A nano-deflection shield? Doesn't have to be powerful or anything, just fun and somewhat useful

Just a thought or three....fix the serious bugs (all million of 'em first though.

I have kept my nano resist maxed out my whole time and only 3 times have i stopped the enemy from tossing a formula on me. I gave up wasting my IP on nano resist now.

Nano res works the same way as all evades, you gotta have it insanely high to work. I need about 3 retries to cast a lvl 1 nano on me with 450 nano resist (it could be also due to the fact that my psy modi and sense imp are about 250). Tried also this - went into Newland and engage a few grey lvl 1 npcs, they couldn't hit me no matter what...every now or then a hit came through, tho i only have 250 evade close combat (prolly theirs is like 25 )