Thread: Hardened / seasoned monsters totally out of wack in 13.01 patch

Hardened / seasoned monsters totally out of wack in 13.01 patch

This is ludicrous.

At the 12.8 patch, my overjuiced, tooled out, unbelieveablely tough level 79 adventurer could clean out level 102 missions. Play balance was about right given that I have Q120 riders, Q125-Q142 implants, 250 token board, flurry of blows, every possible adventurer buff for my level, 12% melee rings, and Q125 armor + tank in most slots.

Now at 13.01, at level 80, I can't even do 50% missions.
    Hardened criminals (yellows enforcers) and seasoned clanners are doing 108 - 112 damage a hit (which is minimum damage btw... I have full evades, ludicrous armor, and almost never take a critical hit). I basically take 1 swing at a hardened / seasoned monster and have to start running for the door, because by the time I make it to the exit, a pair of them (yellow) have a 50% / 50% chance of taking me out.

I've died twice trying to kill these two monsters, and with the increased aggro range, I can't pull one from the room. Missions with 3 of these in a single room are basically forfiets.

These monsters were previously orange / orange-red in 12.8. In 12.9-13.0, they are now yellow with no reduction in potential damage.

Play balance is messed up badly. I can not wear any better armor due to the treatment nerf. I cannot get any better nanoformulas until I get a ton more IP. I can't get better weapons until I level (I can't use my Q146 riders anymore due to the multi-weild bug). I've tried playing with the agg/def slider to no avail.

As twinked out (as everyone else seems to call it) as I am, no way a pair of yellow monsters in a 50% mission should eat me alive.

Level 80 adventurer
    2700 AC (light tank, q125 omni pol white)
    2801 HP
    Q120 riders (with Q146 riders in the bank collecting dust due to multi-wield zoning bug).
    250 token board
    6 slot belt, 198 NCUs
    Q70 first aid kits (not enough skill for Q90 w/Q125 FA implants)

Tim

Clarification...

Here'z the buzz...

All hardened mobs with melee weapons are too tough for me.

Basically hardened lunatics, hardend enforcers (highway men, etc) will wipe me out. Hardened nanoguns, hardened informers, etc. are basically pushovers and I can solo reds.

In 13.00, the hardened "melee" weapon mobs will wipe me out, even if they are yellow. In 12.8, hardened monsters were tough, but I could take out oranges and reds if I was careful.

Tim
    Last edited by Vortek; Nov 19th, 2001 at 15:44:58.

Yeah, it's totally out of whack. I guess people was levelling too fast and it had to be adjusted somehow. Funny the patch notes didn't say anything about MOB boosting.

What you describe is equal to the life of a dual pistol wielding Adv _before_ the latest patch, be happy you didn't go that route... This game now not only requires uber twinked characters to be able to solo, it also requires that you chosed 'the correct' profession/weapon combo. So much for the encouragement about being 'unique' and chosing other paths than the natural ones that Jim Salabim wrote about in an article a while ago... Even the 'natural routes' won't cut it it seems...

-------
    I see some players starting to try out other paths than the "loose" moulds indicated by the profession. If you are starting a new, second character I encourage you try out one of the more untraditional paths. Often you will find that there is a useable weapon for most any skill combination. Bureaucrats with Shotguns, Soldiers with SMGs, Agents with Assault Rifles, Engineers using Martial Arts. All weapon types are available for all professions for a reason: For you to find the unique combination that fits your style of playing.
    -------

Notice he didn't mention pistols as an alternative...
    Last edited by Lazz; Nov 19th, 2001 at 16:18:18.