Thread: Why is killing (and gameplays) so much based upon the ITEM itself?

Why is killing (and gameplays) so much based upon the ITEM itself?

This is of real concern!
    Let's say I use a ql 100 mausser. I'm a fixer, so hence will my weapon a SMG, and what better SMG is there than the mausser? First problem arises: No alternative weapons. Why is this? Reaon is quite simple: damage done to mobs is purely based upon the weapon itself. I've been bufffing all my stats normally needed for damage, but it struck me: for no reaons. There -might- be that buffing makes me -hit- more often, but it surely doesn't show much up!
    So damage and hitfrequency looks like its all, all, and just all based upon weapon.
    This really takes the feel of roleplay away, and also it makes the variation and differences simply non-exsistent. The only real variation and uniqueness people have in game, is name and to some degree the looks/appearances of a person.
    My question to Funcocoom is; Why, WHY, WHY is this purely and solely based upon the weapon? Why havent u done like all other RPG's and made it skillbased, where different types of weapons have their own bonuses and perhaps some extra puff's for rare/unique/expensive weapons/items? This could also make the game a bit more fun itself, where players could compare weapon etc, and maybe spend more time finding THE weapon or a weapon suitable.
    It says itself, that a person could hold/carry/weild any type o weapon, but how good he hits or often he is able to fire is based upon skills, and of course to some degree the weapon itself too.

Now the drawback: This can't be changed... Game started, game running, people have become used to the system, so it -can't- be changed.
    So what to do? I haven't got the solution, only FC do, but FC should at least listen to us when we shout: GIVE US VARIATION IN WEAPONS SO WE CAN BE UNIQUE!
    Also, PLEASE let damage be based a bit more upon skills and abilities too! Meaning if I/a player uses a gun, and then buff all sorts of skills and abilities JUST to be able to take out a mob which is a big problem in a dungeon, it DO increase damage or hitfrequency. Maybe it slightly increases minimum damage? Or rate of fire? Or the accuracy? Or stuff in some rare, unique superduperhardtofind weapons which gives player an option to get something UNIQUE! It wont affect the balance to much, since a player alreadu just can use the weapon only for a few levels before he upgrades! And the second nice feature it gives, is some more funn trading, where a person who got this UltraGun2000ofPurePerfection would either earn some nice money selling it, or can help out a lower level friend who needs a push!

Well? Well? Well? Whaddya say? Eyh? ØYH!
    Teknolord, Rubi-Ka 1 fixer.

Your weapon skill gives a bonus to the damage you do, and it makes you hit more often. It also requires you to wield better weapons.

Try to use Martial Arts and then say that it only depend on items.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

1) what he said (about MA's)

2) in the future Gear will mean everything, if you dont have the right computer/vehicle/cyborg gear you will be less of a asset to your friends, country, and world than someone with it.

gear is everything in a futuristic world as our bodys will not develop any more and only our inteligence will go up. This of course is due to the ending of "normal" darwinism, we no longer worry about the elements or preditors (unless they are other humans). The "fittest" will be/are becoming worthless even in our current society if they lack the mental capabilities.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL