Thread: A question on Tokens in team missions

A question on Tokens in team missions

When I returned to AO for my self-enforced exile I wanted to level up quickly. Teaming in Lush fields I have made it to 50th and was quite happy with my little crat, however I have acquired a total of 15 tokens in that time. Now as soloing becomes a little harder I am wondering if I will ever get some of the more advanced boards.

My question is this ... Will team missions give a token reward for each member of the team? While I know they do not do so now, or at least did not on the mission I went on, will this change in the future?

I would like to see such a change. I would also like to see more ways to get Tokens rather than monotomous missions.

"Team Misions" are not implemented yet as far as I know, but you can effectively get a mission and copy keys for team members. The player who gets the original mission from the terminal gets the token and reward. Xp is shared, looting is set by team leader as usual.

I've done this a number of times.
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

They work

Team missions work, I did some last night, the keys are automatically distributed now, you dont have to copy them when you take a mission from the team terminal.

However, only the leader gets item reward and the token. Everyone getting a token makes sense at first glance, but I can definitely see the exploiters abusing that somehow, so it's most likely going to be viewed as a bad idea (except by the token farmers).

I dunno, is it just me, because I looked at the rewards of token board levels and they are so not worth it in my eyes considering the massive amount of work involved to get them. Kind of like the pioneer backpack. I think I was more excited about the teddy bears.
    Slivicon
    Atrox Soldier RK1
    Squad Commander
    Omni-InterOps
    "You can't just talk to people anymore. You have to hit them in the head with a sledge hammer. Then you'll see that you have their strict attention." -Kevin Spacey in Seven

Re: A question on Tokens in team missions

Originally posted by Papers

My question is this ... Will team missions give a token reward for each member of the team? While I know they do not do so now, or at least did not on the mission I went on, will this change in the future?
    Yes, each member in the team will get a token if a token is offered. You won't have to fight your team mates for it.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

That makes sense, and it should also calm the hostilties with players. So when will this take effect?

Now the important question. Will the token be awarded based on just the mission creators mission status? OR will each individual person get looked at for their own token?

I just dont want to see lvl100 players teaming up with lvl10 players just to run real fast token missions...

I am so wrong - I found some team missions last night, and they do work! Super cool. Got my ass handed to me on a platter....suffice to say I don't know about the token issue yet

thx
    Auri Sacra Fames!

Specialone Clan Fixer RK-2
    Spatialone Clan Bureaucrat RK-2

last time i did team missions they split the creds and xp amoung the teammates but the reward and token went to the one who purchased the mission.
    Member of the "I tried SWG and I am still kicking myself for it" club