Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Punishing success

Nice thoughts

Though I only have a main Doctor character, I read your entensive post Anis and I just needed to praise you for the well constructed post. Long but thorough...

As doc, I feel the range crimp too...now my direct heal range is laughable..I need to resort to team heal at times, purely for sake of range...of course the new aggro makes it even harder (but that is another topic for dicsussion)

Funcom needs to stop trying to "balance" things so much...Agents/NT/Soldiers/Enforcers rule in PvP ONE ON ONE coz they are meant to (pre-patches anyway)...but now they are tryng to make all classes "even" in PvP...that is ridiculus..

When I joined AO, I knew there would be PvP and I was looking forward to it..BUT in a TEAM..had this idea of massive warfare and raids on each other's bases etc...but now? zip...actually thought (very foolishly) that storyline would begin with bombing og gas production leading to open season for all LOL...ob viously Funcom's aim is to prolong the storyline AS LONG AS POSSIBLE...so I predict full all out war in...say 3 years? to be played by remaining 7 fanboys of course (3OT, 3 clan and 1 Neutral LOL)
    Chirurgie

Omni-Med Doctor

"Dammit, I am a doctor. not a MOB Magnet!"

"Humidity Extractors for all Doctors, NOW!"

in the land of long posts...

I feel that there has just been too much inconsitency with what has been going on. We were given a good game about 12.6 with some unimplemented features and a few memory issues and bugs. FIX THOSE!

Patches are to fix things, not to change the game...
    General Mege
    Minister of Political Affairs
    M.O.T.H.E.R.
    Mobile OMNI-Tek Heavy Emergency Response
    --
    Mege - Atrox Union Man
    Meger - Atrox Worker
    --
    Our alliance already has a name - OMNI-Tek.

Re: D'oh!

Originally posted by Nevander
    I'd just like to add that I don't know what I'm speaking about and that I'm a complete and total newbie... It never ocurred to me that my ac was high enough to make the critters hit for minimum damage. I suck!
    Hehe... A n00b you might be, but you touched upon a really important question. I'm a level 56 Enforcer with good AC.

But why bother? I really want a Mob-Weapon between my hands. 81 points of minimal damage? On a weapon that has about 1.5 sec attack and 1.5 sec recharge? What is up with that insane minimal damage? Combining that with insane amounts of hps, and I'm in real trouble.

Here's the scenario. I started the fight with ~2500 hps (yellow mob). I do from 20-250 damage to the mob with my 2 Rider Executioners (don't remember the speed, but pretty average). I used 4 mongo's that heal me 33 hp's every 2 seconds for about 7-8 times (no, they never heal 10 times as stated on the nano). 8 x 4 x 33 = 1056 hps healed during the fight. And the mob ALWAYS did 81 damage (no crits, I have good evades). AND he kept getting in double hits? How do mobs DO that? I've never been able too....

Guess what? I died. My 1500 AC (could have had some 1600 if I used my Tank instead of my my Decus Coat, but as you see that would make NO difference) did not help at all as his weapons did 81 damage anyways.

SvUpP

Thumbs down

That is because Funcom have balanced the MOBs vs insanly highly twinked characters, which of course means that if your character is not like that you might as well reroll if you want to play. Sad but true, and the only thing Funcom so far have done is to make them more powerful when someone complained that they didn´t get much challange from fighting.

I guess that definitly proves that Funcom don´t play their own game.

Awsome!

Wonderfull thaughts Anisotropic!

Im backing ya 100% of the way!

Would like to add a few comment tho.

NT's and the other casters in general are the most expensive class, if not THE most expensive class to play. Those nano chargers cost a LOT.

Why is it that FunCom's employees never respond to barely any of the posts regarding the Nano Tech profession?
    ..:Dark "Xephiroth" Scorus:..
    ..:
    124 NanoMage - Nanotechnican:..

..:Zerohelth:..
    ..:
    57 Atrox - Enforcer:..

..:Vlados:..
    ..:
    32 Opifex - Shade:..

..:
    Ignorance is bliss:..

LoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooL!
    Sorry I laughed, NT range.
    My level 6 NT has amazing range with that, energy beam thing.
    And I wear no armor!
    lvl 6 with 99 Treatment and First aid.
    I take on oranges, As soon as im about to die, I first aid myself back up to full hp as it helas for my HP than I have.
    I never thought it would work but it does;]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12