Thread: 13.2 bug: auto-attack when nanocasting

13.2 bug: auto-attack when nanocasting

A new bug: whenever I cast an attack nano, it automatically launches me into a physical attack (i.e. as if I hit Q). This happens no matter what my a-d slider is on and before I am attacked by the monster, should I get my nano off first.

This was with my MP, but if this breaks charms, mezzes, etc. then this will really mess with crats. Again.

Scorus

Don't worry it's not against Crats only, NT's have their roots and calm nanos broken due to the autoattack.

-Mega

As stated in many other threads Funcom made that happen on purpose. This is NOT a bug to them The reasoning for having this happen is in PvP (dreaded scenario for those of us who don't do it) you can nuke someone and they don't know who is doing it unless they see the animation. Also, the nukes did not trigger an attack.

So, instead of fixing this on the other side, IE, getting hit triggers you to attack, they "fixed" it on our end. When you cast, you attack also. So I guess Izgimmers Last Word goes right out the window, now they know as soon as you start casting it.

Wait a minute, to heck with Izgimmer's. I have Unstable Hadron, and it takes 9 seconds. I cast, they see attack while my spell is still charging, and they run up, beat the crap outta me or stay back and shoot me. Either way, our entire Alpha strike (yeah right) has now gone out the window.

I don't care about PvP, I understand why they had to do something, but this really screws up PvM for my style of playing. These attacks break roots and charms, and they have a horribly annoying habit of spinning me around and then I run the wrong way and grab a tons of guys just beating the stuffing out of me.

I put my agg/def down for a reason, I DO NOT want to attack at all.

This is a band-aid fix for a problem that should have been handled on the other end of it.

Garnock

In PvM it is the same thing, mobs see you are attacking as well when you start casting, so soloing mobs with powerful spells might not be working due to interruption. With my MP, my attack spells are all weak and short to cast, so it does work, but if a spell takes a few seconds...i dont know.

Band-aid fixes is all FC does. Same thing was done with the 40m range cap. And a dozen other bugs and exploits. They just never seem to learn.

Not only that, but they even break what they previously fixed. After 13.0 you no longer lost your "extra" health when zoning. Now we do once more. In the 13.0 patchnote the fix wasn't mentioned. In this one it was stated as "fixed". I don't know whether to laugh or cry. They fix it without saying then break it when they say they'll fix it.

>>Band-aid fixes is all FC does<<

Sometimes its better to use a band-aide fix to solve the problem now and give them more time to really look into it.

---------------------
    Edit:

After more gameplay I have discovered why you are so up in arms. I can not do any crowd control at all..

This does need to be fixed ASAP.
    Last edited by Spindok; Nov 29th, 2001 at 21:34:40.
    Spindok, OT Bureaucrat

You are lucky to be one of us, Omni-Tek protects!