Thread: Auto-attack NOT listed as a bug!

Auto-attack NOT listed as a bug!

All,

Check out Cosmik's message on the Funcom Talks About forum. He lists the bugs that were accidentally introduced in 13.2. He does not list the fact that auto-attack now goes off as soon as you cast an attack nano (including roots, charms, mezzes and others which are broken if you subsequently attack the target, which you now automatically do).

Perhaps he forgot to mention it despite the fact that there have been over a dozen threads on here complaining about it, but I'm guessing that this means it is not a bug but a 'new feature' that didn't get listed in the patch notes, again. Or, in Funcom parlance, 'attack nanos were always supposed to work like that and we fixed a bug in 13.2 that was preventing the auto-attack from engaging.'

Scorus

Scorus,

They did this to fix the PvP, where you could nuke someone with impunity and they didn't return fire unless they manually attacked you.

Of course, NO thought as to how this would COMPLETELY SCREW UP PvM. (whew, I feel better now)

There ya go.

Garnock

Originally posted by Garnock
    They did this to fix the PvP, where you could nuke someone with impunity and they didn't return fire unless they manually attacked you.

Of course, NO thought as to how this would COMPLETELY SCREW UP PvM. (whew, I feel better now)
    Can you point me to where they say this? I believe you and I've read that they said this before, but I can't find it. I want to respond directly to their comments.

Scorus

That's the problem, it's yet another in the long list of UNDOCUMENTED CHANGES.

Let's get it right guys. Whether or not you will change something due to popular opinion is one thing. But For the LOVE OF PETE, Let us know when something will change before you change it. Put a disclaimer if you have to. "Whining and crying will not convince us to change this next thing, so get used to it."

I don't care, but let us know.

Lemme state again if you didn't catch it.

Let us know about changes.

Garnock

There is another thread now with an email from Funcom that it is a bug. So now we have some people saying that Funcom has said it is a bug and some people saying that Funcom has said that it isn't.

Didn't someone mention something about better communication with players? In fact, didn't they say that a good 6 or 7 times so far?

Scorus

Did they acknowleged this bug or not?

Below comes my complaint that I've submited today:

For last two days I'm reporting a bug which made the game 100% unplayable for me. After the 13.2 patch, dropping the gun does not enable the melee attacks. To reproduce: Attack NPC with the gun / burst. Drop the gun. Try to do *anything*.
    I guess you're making some attempts to 'fix' the situation, because sometimes (rare) the game allows both melee and projectile attacks to be used by the player at the same time (which is also wrong, of course).

Unfortunately, most of the time it is impossible to do anything after using the gun attacks. The bug is very obvious and can be reproduced easily. I have reported it several times (other people did reported this bug as well), but I don't see this terrible bug mentioned anywhere on your website as an officially recognized bug. ( Even I've reported it *several times* yesterday, with /petition )