Thread: Not enough info for new players

MMO Newbie

Angry Not enough info for new players

I've been playing AO for a couple days now and am becomming very frustrated. I am new to MMORPGs and AO is the only one I've tried so far. While I like the look and general idea of AO, I'm having a hard time figuring it out. The manual and in game help gives almost no information on weapon types, trade skills, skill use, or much anything else. I realize that many of these things can be learned from asking other players of trial and error but it would be really nice to be able to read about them in the game manual. How hard would it have been to put things in the manual like what types of weapons can be found in the game, how to use skills like concealment, or how to get implants and how to use them. The great thing about AO is that they offer a free 7 day trial but I get the feeling that I wont have the game figured out by the end of that 7 days so most likely wont keep playing. IF there is a place to read more about game features please someone let me know. I dont really feel like running around in game for hours just to figure out stuff that should have been in the manual to begin with.

If you figured out the game in 7 days you would not want to play for 4 years (the length of the game).

Get some freinds, go team, do some missions.

Is it fun?

yes = buy

no= dont buy

It is the complexity of mmorpg's that draw people. AO is VERY complex and you can have two people swearing to know "the best way to make an enforcer" and they both say different things!

There is a sever lack of info, but it will come with time. You will probably reroll a new toon after you have a better grasp on the game.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Yaz is right. It took me 3 Char's, 50k credits and about a month to figure many things out and I am not new to MMORPG's. Best thing to do is ask the players around you. You will find there are many players that are willing to help you out.

/shout if need be...the manual will only help a very little bit if at all.
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01