Thread: Things that are broke, but easy to fix.

Things that are broke, but easy to fix.

Biomech armor- The pieces dont give the treatment nor the First Aid modifier at this time. Also the cloak says its goes on the chest instead of the back.

Tutoring - Right now this skill doesnt work. We reallllly need this skill fixed so we have some way to up our Computer Lit and Nano Programming. Not mentioning all the other skills it would be good for in the trade lines. Right now the high level players (except agents and traders) dont have any real way to wear items they should be wearing because of the nerfs so far. We also only have a select few that can even do implants at hihger levels and the only reason the 1-2 that can have the 1k boards to give the 210 bonus to NP. Whatever your reasons this should be fixed and can be fixed easily. I dont mind spending IP to raise skills that Are maxxed but still not able to get in items I need on.

Treatment Uniforms - I dont think every piece actually works. Please fix them.

Bracers - Do these actually work? Im not sure if they are supposed to do. I think they are supposed to reflect back a percentage of the damage back on to the attacker. Right now though I often see a message for "Ace Ruffian is hit for 11 damage from your shield" or some crap like that.

No Drop - Why are some items no drop because lazy coding? Many items that you want to stay on the body upon death are given a No Drop status. Not because you dont want them traded, but because you have only put in coding for one instance of an item. Either it stays or it can go. MA attacks should be tradeable. Many of the rings should be tradeable. Not to mention many other things.

Well thats my quick list. Can anyone else come up with some easy and USEFULL fixes of your own that improves gameplay. No I dont want to see silly things like no head when you leave a Yal with glasses on though. I mean something that would impact positively the gameplay and be done with ease on any patch.

And you think they're EASY to fix because?
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

mm the bug with helms (and tank armor too I hear) returning to their base colors when leaving vehicle/morph has always annoyed me big-time, shouldn't be too hard to fix either.

It's not always a matter of how hard it is to fix, though, Third Eye. Alot has to do with priority.
    No matter how easy or simple a fix would be... "simple" is a relative term. For the programmers, simple fixes might take a matter of hours. Those hours could better be spent trying to fix crashes, memory leaks, etc, rather than armor skin anomalies.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Post Bracers...

Actually bracers do work properly, wot they do is add stuff to certain AC's, then the stuff that that extra AC stops by being there, is instead reflected back at the person who sent it.

Example.
    Im pretty low lvl but i got a nice bracer of physics. Its add 50 to all my chemical, radiation and cold damage and in turn reflects about 15 points of that damage wenever i get hit for a damage pf that kind. It also reflects about 1-5 points of all damage back at the enemy.

They are working, notin to fix there, anyway we all know FC's track record for breaking things that didnt need breaking OR fixing, so id try not to bring these things up, they might just make it worse =P

Where in the world did you find that bracer? It's really nice. I thought that all they did was add 1 point to those damages.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Biomech armor: QA is looking into this in an effort to find out what's happening there. I'll keep my eyes peeled for more news on it

Tutoring: Tutoring will be fixed. We hope to have it fixed very soon.

Treatment Uniforms: Yes, we are aware some of the pieces are not giving the modifiers stated. We're working on correcting this.

Bracers: Which bracers? (There are several kinds.) If this is about the reflection bracers, they are working, but don't give any visual feedback about this (in the chat window). They will be fixed.

NoDrop: I'll pass along the suggestion of making MA attacks tradeable. I'll aslo inquire as to why certain items are NoDrop. So, hang tight.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Cosmik
    [BNoDrop: I'll pass along the suggestion of making MA attacks tradeable. I'll aslo inquire as to why certain items are NoDrop. So, hang tight. [/B]
    Those items are initially nodrop so you don't drop and lose your yalmaha/special attacks by mistake and so they dont go to the reclaim booth when you die, which would mean also that they never vanish from the shortcut bar. It is basically a good thing that vehicles and special attacks are nodrop, and quite comfortable. I would love if recharge packs and first aid kits were nodrop too, because it is a pain to always put them back up into the shortcut bar after each death, same goes for the lockpick.

But they still all should be tradeable, it doesn't make sense that you are stuck with them and cant trade your old car and MA attacks to a friend or sell them.

Unique items on the other hand should be non-tradeable...thats why they are unique, right ?
    Last edited by Greystar; Dec 5th, 2001 at 16:52:39.