Thread: Uniques

Uniques

What is the deal with these unique creatures. Alot of the creatures that are unique often do not spawn items after being killed (Yes I know they are unique because we have looted special items off of them before.) I mean heck we have to wait like 24 hours before it spawns again and to have no loot just sucks. E****ially how hard alot of them are.

What is the deal with most of these items? 1-2 items we have found are actually usefull. Mostly though the items are only usable by a level 1 player or are only wearable by a level 150+++++ but nowhere usefull to a person at that level. I wont give out specific info on what the items are or where to find them since its part of guild fun if you do it yourselves as a group, but I will mention a few things not too specific.

Flags- What the heck are those?
    Reqs - Who can ever possibly get 801 stamina??? (No this is not currantly possible with even a level 200 Atrox character)
    Modifiers - Why would someone put on inferior armor that only a levle 100+ character could wear when ANY other piece of armor is far better but doesnt have the +2 Nano Programing or other insignificant bonus it gives.

No this isnt a flame because we actually have fun hunting and killing Uniques, BUT there are alot of things that seem a little odd. Just not fun going after something and there is no item or the item would be far inferior to any item at any level you could wear it at. Could you give us a few hints on what you expected the loot and loot cycles to be like so we dont get discouraged in our search for nice loot :O)

"Oh no! It doesnt respawn instantly! Wah! Wah! Wah!"

unique

lol.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

Shut up dork or I wont give you the next growth bracer I get. Im not saying let them respawn instantly. Im saying they should always have unique loot on them. It sucks to kill the things and have nothing on them.

Re: Uniques

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    What is the deal with these unique creatures. Alot of the creatures that are unique often do not spawn items after being killed (Yes I know they are unique because we have looted special items off of them before.) I mean heck we have to wait like 24 hours before it spawns again and to have no loot just sucks. E****ially how hard alot of them are.

What is the deal with most of these items? 1-2 items we have found are actually usefull. Mostly though the items are only usable by a level 1 player or are only wearable by a level 150+++++ but nowhere usefull to a person at that level. I wont give out specific info on what the items are or where to find them since its part of guild fun if you do it yourselves as a group, but I will mention a few things not too specific.

Flags- What the heck are those?
    Reqs - Who can ever possibly get 801 stamina??? (No this is not currantly possible with even a level 200 Atrox character)
    Modifiers - Why would someone put on inferior armor that only a levle 100+ character could wear when ANY other piece of armor is far better but doesnt have the +2 Nano Programing or other insignificant bonus it gives.

No this isnt a flame because we actually have fun hunting and killing Uniques, BUT there are alot of things that seem a little odd. Just not fun going after something and there is no item or the item would be far inferior to any item at any level you could wear it at. Could you give us a few hints on what you expected the loot and loot cycles to be like so we dont get discouraged in our search for nice loot :O)
    MOBs might have several possible items they can drop, each with their own percentage probability of dropping. Some of them will exclude other items from dropping, some not. Most MOBs also have a chance of dropping nothing (excluding credits). So, this "equation" allows MOBs to drop certain items at random times. This defines "unique" because the chance of getting an item is less that the chance of getting an item of a MOB that drops loot all the time. If MOBs were designed to drop loot all the time, the probability of finding certain items would be increased. Would they really be all that unique when someone can kill a MOB over and over and be ensured of a "unique" drop every time? Unlikely. So, the reason MOBs don't always drop loot (in this case unique loot) is to ensure that loot stays unique.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Nice to see ya Cosmic. Lota people were starting to think you were M.I.A..
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Re: Re: Uniques

Originally posted by Cosmik

MOBs might have several possible items they can drop, each with their own percentage probability of dropping. Some of them will exclude other items from dropping, some not. Most MOBs also have a chance of dropping nothing (excluding credits). So, this "equation" allows MOBs to drop certain items at random times. This defines "unique" because the chance of getting an item is less that the chance of getting an item of a MOB that drops loot all the time. If MOBs were designed to drop loot all the time, the probability of finding certain items would be increased. Would they really be all that unique when someone can kill a MOB over and over and be ensured of a "unique" drop every time? Unlikely. So, the reason MOBs don't always drop loot (in this case unique loot) is to ensure that loot stays unique.
    Ok thanks, so for unique mobs we have

a) no loot maybe
    b) mostly crap loot
    c) the need for having with you at least 20 people to kill it
    d) spawn once a day
    e) a unique item...maybe...for someone who got lucky, but most likely didnt deserve it, nor needed it as it is a random unique item and loot rights are not transferable.

This equals in no thanks...keep your idiotic unique mobs...and I thought Neleb was the worst thing anyone could come up with, but i was wrong, so wrong.

Maybe you want to look up one of the most successful online games in the world, whose success is based solely on unique items and unique mobs. The Diablo series. There you get a chance for rare and unique items 100% and instant respawn of unique mobs. The trick is that the quality of the unique item is random. And guess what it works, Diablo is camped 24/7 by thousands of players...

Ever cared to check the unique mobs you created ? Void of players mostly. You do the math.

How do unique items drop 100% of the time? That makes them common items dont it? Mabey I misunderstand you issue but its sounds to me like you want every mob you loot to have the best items in the game on them. That would be kinda silly now wouldnt it?

I dont know about you but I pay to play AO... not "camp Diablo 24/7"
    Zen~~'
    9/11/01

Re: Re: Re: Uniques

Originally posted by ImaGideon
    e) a unique item...maybe...for someone who got lucky, but most likely didnt deserve it, nor needed it as it is a random unique item and loot rights are not transferable.

This equals in no thanks...keep your idiotic unique mobs...and I thought Neleb was the worst thing anyone could come up with, but i was wrong, so wrong.

Maybe you want to look up one of the most successful online games in the world, whose success is based solely on unique items and unique mobs. The Diablo series. There you get a chance for rare and unique items 100% and instant respawn of unique mobs. The trick is that the quality of the unique item is random. And guess what it works, Diablo is camped 24/7 by thousands of players...

Ever cared to check the unique mobs you created ? Void of players mostly. You do the math.
    Hey, you little arrogant piece of s*** - go play Diablo.

Sorry but you deserved that - to say that if you don't get the loot but someone else does she/he/it is lucky and does not deserve it - what kind of statement is that. Go back to camping Diablo, have fun there and we will have fun here.

Nanogater
    NT = Nerfed Technician

My doctor told me I am paranoid, so I shot him.

Obviously he was an alien agent sent here to kill me...and he did not come alone!

We dont need unique loot but it could atleast drop something that tells us we have found one. Its hard enough to find and kill these things. We dont need it any harder by having to kill a mob multiple times just to se if it truely is common or not. Doesnt need to be anything good maybe just a note or something. Like a letter from the deceased.

As to people saying dont make this into a campfest or Having loot pop up all the time defeats the purpose, Hey you are wrong. First you can only kill them once a day. Since they only Spawn once a day it limits the loot. Second they will be camped regardless, it will just get worse as time goes on. Especially if it stands the way it is. Which means the first people to find the mob are likely the only people to ever know about it.

Diablo is camped 24/7 by thousands of players...
    sarcasim

HEY, I WANT TO CAMP 24/7!!!!! Mmmmm... this game is so "deep"

/sarcasim

you play your diablo and leave us alone. We dont want this game to be your game. It is our game
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Err, well I think you misunderstood me completely, I did not say to make a Diablo clone, I just gave an example how unique mobs can be made popular. There are a few things that must spring to the eye to everyone.

Rarely anyone is hunting them, that can't be good, there must be a valid reason to hunt unique mobs, and at this time there is none, except Neleb. This is proven by the lack of players hunting them, even you who flame me unprovoked do not hunt them every day, or do you ?

As they take way too long to kill for exp, there must be a reward of some kind, it must not be the uber item, like nelebs robe that drops every time, which makes that mob by far the most popular unique boss at the moment, but maybe a random quality unique item, so that it was not all for nothing. A 24 hour respawn time is not good when you need 12-60 people to kill these mobs. You cant expect everyone to wait for spawn everyday so everyone gets something in maybe a year. Either they drop the same good item every time and you have a long respawn time, or a random unique item and fast respawn, otherwise it is as it is now...everyone goes there maybe once, says, wow that thing looks cool, and never returns.