Thread: Low Level Trader Weapons

Low Level Trader Weapons

I've read alot of posts and guides on trader weapons and know what most of the options are im wondering more what level the different weapons become viable and which are the best damage without hurting myself as far as IP goes. I know Ithacas are good and all but AS and Fling req's are alot for low levels, when would like mudurlugu be good and shattergun and would you suggest duel weilding something w/ the shattergun and what else would be good. Right now I'm using a Home Defender and the damage is nice because I have it over equipt and then drain and you all know the drill.. and the other question I had is our shotgun our only real source of damage?
    Sandbis 209 Agent - RK2

With PVP and PVM RK and SL you could write a book on the virtues of using a certain weapon combination. Can you be a little more specific. Will you mainly PVP or PVM? will you be spending most time in SL or RK and both. All have very different setups to squeeze the most out of the piltry selection of weapons in our arsonal.
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"

I switch between SL and RK a bit but mostly in runs Ill do a bunch of levels in SL and then a bunch in RK so I could do 2 different setups probably. I am totally PVM for now. Also any guns suggest if you could tell me where to get them that might help too (at the QL I would need) thanks alot.
    Sandbis 209 Agent - RK2

And what level are you?

Info info ffs!
    Veteran of Equilibrium

ffs? im only 20 right now but leveling quick I am only playing my trader when my gf can play and shes a MP so my nano skills will be buffed by her all the time too.
    Sandbis 209 Agent - RK2

levels 1-60 what ever you want (1-20 is chimera shooty normally from SL).

60 -100
    FSS*
    bazzit
    home defender*
    vecktor
    ithaca
    or combinations of depending on location

100-200
    Mud*
    Fss*
    flux*
    bazzit
    homedefender
    shooter of the door keeper
    sided shotty

200+
    mud*
    Fss*
    flux
    onehander*
    shooter of doorkeeper
    ithaca
    sided shotgun
    *= most popular and what you see most

damage curve wise @ low levels it rise steeply till about 80 the drops off a bit (avialabilty of weapons etc). Then rises again not so steeply till about and peaks about 140ish. At that point the curve actually drops till about 210 the rises again.

Kind of what you would expect and not all that different to some other professions.

Traders problem? the most popular weapons or best damage output (shotgun based) are either min damge, no specials, non drop or hard to find.

If i was starting a trader again and cash availabilty wasnt a problem i would go like this

chimera shooty (1-20)
    pump master (21- 60)
    Ithaca or FSS/bazzit (61-100)
    mud (101 - 201)
    then what ever i felt like

currently at 210 i use
    ithaca on greys pvp
    fss one hander on greens/bigger greys pvp
    mud on raids
    mud or turnspirt shotty in teams
    mud or fss/combo in solos.

What is a FSS?
    and where do Mud's drop
    Sandbis 209 Agent - RK2

FSS = Fine Smith Shattergun

Muds drop off mini bosses/named mobs in SL

/ Blackis

Also drop quite frequent on sided mobs inside and outside temples. Killed 2-3 spawns in Elysium temple with my NT and found 3-4 Mudurlugu's in QL50-100 range.

They are NonDrop and trader only.
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

But the Mud is a gun I should hold off using until I am around level 100 because of the slow speed correct?
    Sandbis 209 Agent - RK2

Depends what you are doing. I found a ql117 Mud when I was about level 90, and I haven't really bothered with anything else since. I don't P v P, and don't solo much, so the MuD is a good choice. High minimum damage, but not enough to steal agg from the meat guys in the team!
    Blackis

1800+ in all tradeskills - the Happy Trader

If you get your hands on a HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Acquisition (+180 Ranged Init) that will help you alot. Drops from a slayer droid called "T.I.M" in the Boimare static dungeon in the longest road. Also called "The Foremans Office".

Another item that can help your ranged init is the Ancient Container. (+50 Ranged Init) There is a clan and omni version of it. You can wear it from level 100.

Also the Gilthar's Winter Pants (adds +50) can be good to keep in mind for later.
    | Evilbaffle - 220 Tra | Dominixe - 210 Doc | Maram - 207 Eng | Juling - 160 Enf |
    | Yumn - 169 NT | Niemo - 118 MP | Lucine - 185 Agent | Incision - 70 Shade |

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.- Herm Albright

Originally posted by Baffle
    If you get your hands on a HUD Upgrade: Enhanced Target Acquisition (+180 Ranged Init) that will help you alot. Drops from a slayer droid called "T.I.M" in the Boimare static dungeon in the longest road. Also called "The Foremans Office".

Another item that can help your ranged init is the Ancient Container. (+50 Ranged Init) There is a clan and omni version of it. You can wear it from level 100.

Also the Gilthar's Winter Pants (adds +50) can be good to keep in mind for later.
    There is also a TL 3 head piece that adds +30 cant remember what its called I'm sure someone in game can post it. its great for its level and I still wear it at times and I'm 214 heh
    Kappen Token Trader of Project EDEN LV 217 mind numbing grinding since 1948 well it just seems that long!!!!!

Playing a Trader is like cyber S&M

---------
    "if you dont die in mass pvp your not doing it right"