Thread: A Vehicle issue

Lightbulb A Vehicle issue

I've read some post about vehicles and attacks. And i thought of something.. why dont have "hp" on your vehicle, i mean, nothing is forever, things get rusty, damaged and so on.. so the vehicles need soms sort of damage system. and another thing about the vehicles, it's not very "realistic" that I take damage when i'm in my vehicle (ok, if i smack right in to a wall, then i would probobly take som damage, unless i wear a seatbelt ..). Why i thought of this aswell was due to the fact that when i was out "adventuring" on rubi-ka i nearly got killed in my "car" (the kodiak). So as i said, Damage system om Vehicles, and offcourse repair shops so that the damage can be fixed, and if there is a minor damage, u can buy a tool kit so that u can fix the vehicle your self. Hell u can even have that as a skill, a repair vehicle skill (ok. i know, i'm way out there now, but it's just ideas). i don't think this is a bad idea since it it a realistic idea. And it's not impossible to do. And just one more thing. Give us more vehicles to chose from, and i don't mean moe QL's or so, But NEW vehicles. that would (in my opinion) ****e up the game a little bit.. and it would be more variating for the citicens of rubi-ka to get to chose different vehicles. and not just change the QL all the time(not that u change QL on a vehicle, but i hope you get my point).

Damn, i hope anyone can understand this.

Kolumbo lvl 53 Enforcer

Aprentise for Lost chapter guild.

mayby a new vehicle like a tank that enforcers and soldiers could use
    a motercycle for fixers
    mayby brontos to ride on

Uhh....

/me is cruising casually in my Yalmaha towards the mission entrance nearby.

Oh lookie, i forgot i need to zone to reach the mission. Sweet...

Changing zone please wait.

Uh oh.. My altitude dropped back to the ground level due to the zoning... hmph.. oh well..

Hmm.. Someone got a really stinking breath around here ... ... ... UH OH!!!

You were hit by 823 points of melee damage by an werewolf.
    You were hit by 1431 points of radiation damage by an ancient soul stealer.
    You were hit by 823 points of melee damage by an werewolf.
    You were hit by 1431 points of radiation damage by an ancient soul stealer.
    Your Yalmaha is destroyed.

So.. 5 miljs lost there. A great idea? NOT!! =)

Well.. If you repair the vehicle without it costing you seweral millions of credits and if the HP of the vehicle actually protect you while inside and could use the vehicle as a getaway, then the matter would be something to consider, non?

edit: wolfs dont hit radiation damage i guess. =)
    Regards,
    Chromad

Advisor of the First Order

Tukan | Chromad | Mikados

We'll maybe you shouldn't have bought an Expensive... .. no. but of course its shouldn't cost Millions to reapir it.. u have spent millions on it already. But lets say that a "hp" system is applied to a vehicle.. then a yalmaha would have like 100k hp (depending on ql).. or even more.. like 500hp.. and a Kodiak have say 100k then.. and the mid like 80k.. or more.. thats a thing to be discovered, how much it needs.. But it would be fun to have more things i the game that u can "care" about and fix with.. maybe engine parts to upgrade the vehicles.. or maybe i should start playing Need For Speed Motor City.. hehe.. i sound like a car freak here, and i'm not.. hehe.. but well.. just giving my share of ideas to the comunity..

That would be a nice thingy for the engineers u could have a new profession or that u could chose 2 different directions when choosing engineer one for droids and one for vehicles, and then u could make droids and vehicles for sale and afterwards do repairs to them...

Yes you read it right I did say make droids for sale... They are engineers, they do make things, so why not let them have the ability to make a droid that could follow the rest of us ? I don't say that we should be able to upgrade them ourselves, but using the engineers as "suppliers" in stead of having all professions in the game set up for combat only...

It's the same with other professions take the nanoteck for example they should be able to make crystals for all users and be able to use a sort of programming device that could be used to program datadisks so they could make totally new crystals that not even FC had thought of and assining QL and requirements according to the damage delt/ buffing stats/ health regained +++

Regards
    Flapsie

Smile Car size & colour

It would be really nice to choose a colour for our vehicles. Even if it was only a few, it would start to look better in the streets than a million kodiacs that all look the same.

Size of these things, why can't they be 100% scale? I think that would be soooo good...especially in the outside world . In cities, cars should be limited in speed.

Just a thought

======================
    Vimarr - Enforcer on Rubi-Ka II
    ======================

Maybe we could get a cross cart or a buggy to use in the desert areas...

regards
    Flapsie
    Flapsie Clan Nanomage NT, Former Knights of Rubi-Ka
    Now: Ancarim Iron Legion
    Many alts from all Professions...
    -----------------------------------------------
    "The man with a new idea is a crank, until the idea succeeds" -
    Mark Twain

Or we can just make cars have gas or some sort of energy source. This way you can bring the price of cars down, and depending on how much people use them will depend on how expensive it is..

I.E. Yalmaha eats more fuel because it's airborne...

Of course within reason..

I think some real balance needs to be done with the Yalmaha. Right now it is the best vehicle, without question. I like the idea that vehicles needing fuel and that the Yalmaha requires more is a great one. Here are two more:

[list=1][*]Anti-aircraft guns popping up after this amnesty is over. They would have super long range and could shoot down any airborne enemy that got too close. Land based missions could be launched to take out the guns.[*]Planes lose control in bad weather and must land (or crash)[/list=1]

Btw, I own a yalmaha so don't call me a Yalmaha hater. I just want to see some variety. If things continue the way they are, everyone will be in a Yalmaha by level 100.