Thread: Agression Enhancer's Nerfed

Angry Agression Enhancer's Nerfed

I have seen a lot of posts here about the agro rules and hate list changes, particularly the ones about Doc's drawing more agro than they did before. But I haven't seen anyone mentioning that agression enhancers are virtually useless now because of that change. The only time they seem to have any effect at all now is if you are already the one doing the most damage to the target and even then it's just reinforcing the agro that's already on you.

I recall several patches back that they had "fixed" agression enhancers and that they would be much more effective provided that you used one of an apropiate QL. As a soldier I had always used them and found they worked half way decently but after that patch they did work much better and I always put ip's in to psychology to use an enhancer as close to my level as possible. But now with the hate list changes they have become another nerf and another blackhole for my ip's. Even if you don't do anything about the hate list changes please look at making the enhancers at least effective enough to have a chance of working as promised.

bump

For the 3-4 of us out there who use these things and even (gasp) use implants and buffs to use higher level ones for optimum effectiveness, please program in some form of response from the mobs. We're doing everything we can to tank, throw me a frikkin bone here.

I agree. I dont use them as I have mongo and nice nano's to taunt.

Mongo is the only effective agro enhancer I have seen. Probably due to the HoT drawing as much agro as the taunt. The new healing agro rules make this nano the supreme tank item. If you are not enforcer though you are hosed.

They need a better way for non enforcers (IE soljas) to tank. We are not the only tank class after all (esp at the high end with their super sheilds, they are actually better)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

I use a QL110 at level 105 and I _think_ it works really fine. I can get aggro from a mob when he is on a buddy. But when my buddy hit again with a nice crit or even a high normal before I can hit the mob, he will be on my friend again. So you _need_ to deal good dmg, even with all the other taunt stuff.

But even with mongo / taunt nano / agg enhancer / huge hammer hit it is near impossible to get mobs aggro when the puller hits mob 3-4 times with high dmg when running back to his group.

The aggression enhancers are working as they should. But of course, please, if you think something is wrong with them, don't hesitate to report it.

By the way, in case you didn't know, the word on the Rubi-Ka street is that aggression enhancers can be improved through some kind of existing trade skill.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

I have three of those nifty vials cos, but I dont use enhancers hehe.

I also dont have the trade skills to use them, just another piece of useless stuff I am carrying around with me.

I am the biggest pack rat (9 bags and they are all almost full)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Did see an Agression enhancer that also gave 176 Projectile AC.

Hey, better than nothin!

Well I have finally gotten hold of an aggression enhancer above ql 125 (apparently they are back as mission awards, about time) Now im a lvl 130 soldier using a ql 155 enhancer and I am here to tell you that they are not working properly. The only time I can get acknowledgement that I have caught the attention of a mob is if I am already doing the most damage and already have it's attention. And that being the case what is the point of even having them if all it does is reinforces the agro thats already on you! I you cannot get a mob to switch agro to you from someone that's doing less/more damage than you there is no reason for them to be in the game period!!

I've noticed it's much more difficult to nab aggro from my attack pet. I've been using absuum alot lately and havent had the time to do much playing for more than an hour or so at a time so mostly almost all soloing the last week or so, while the change could be because of him i don't think it's the case since it seems the same when he's dead/lost/notsummoned.