Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Death from a guard should land you in jail!

Originally posted by Garzu
    This prison idea is bad, i suggest we TOTALLY remove ALL guards from the game, this game is ANARCHY, and let it be so!!!
    I could see that.... that would be nice. Then, the guilds could work together to guard areas.... I would like to see a lot more "anarchy" than this bullsheet peace and "Amnesty"

-Dropcid

It would be cool if there was a Prison Dungeon that you could land yourself in when captured. You would have to find your way out each and every time. It could be a HUGE maze with an Atrox Minotaur...oh forget about the minotaur.

But it could be full of Prison guards that you would have to fight your way through.

Haha. this reminds me of the old day of MUD (if you remember). Some MUDs put in you in jail if you kill another player. And some profession have a magic spell that put you in a hidden room together with another player that has the same profession. Having a jail is a good idea. Having a nano that portal you to a secret place where only the same profession mingle is very interesting idea.
    Juggernawt - Omni Meta Physicist.
    Nigel - Omni Nano Technician.
    Laigus - Omni MartiaL Artizt.

Good discussion everyone - from both sides. I've forwarded this thread onto the designers to have a peak at. There are alot of different ideas here and I know they'll interest the team.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

the first bug...

I can see the first bug would be that there would be some sort of time screw up so that instead of 4 minutes, it would be 400 minutes that you were stuck in jail!

Actually, you guys should check on the 'No Longer Envisioned' bit that's on the main page now. Looks like penalties are not going to he happening anytime soon, if ever.
    Obligatory character links:
    -------------------------
    Cyrboc, Jobian cyborg on lease to OmniPol (R-K 1)
    Evely, aqua knight! (R-K 2)

I certainly think that if you kill a guard or some other npc of your own faction that there should be some consequences to it. Having a high level NPC suddenly appear and cast some kind of super root on you so your character couldn't move for say a half hour to an hour would be great.

As to guards and npcs of opposing factions--well if you're in an outpost or city maybe a swarm of guards or bots should appear and attack you. Isn't that what would realistically happen? (I've always wondered about npcs that idlly watch you kill a compatriot of theirs and don't do anything, not even raise an alarm ---

"Oh look, that guy's killing Harry. Isn't that interesting? Hmmm wonder if I should wear the blue or the green outfit to that party." )
    Anastasia "Aniee" Cervenak
    Martial Artist

Man is the only animal that blushes, or needs to. -------Mark Twain

Because of the no longer envisioned says no jail or what ever. Why not make it when some1 is killing an NPC in a 75% zone their % goes to 25% and anyone of that NPCs faction can open fire on the aggressor. Also have gaurds kill the attacker not the NPC! i hate having ppl attack npcs and the gaurds attack the npc not the player... Just my 2 cr

-Stimmed Out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12