Thread: Bugs with Omni-Med Clothing

Bugs with Omni-Med Clothing

The Omni-Med Female Suit Shirt only increases the First Aid skill. The items description seems to indicate that it should also raise the Treatment skill when worn.

Both the Omni-Med Suit Skirt and Omni-Med Suit Trousers fail to raise the wearers First Aid and Treatment skills.

Finally, none of the Omni-Med Suit clothing has an Omni requirement. However, the Omni-Med Cloak is Omni only.

Is the lack of an Omni only requirement on the Omni-Med suit an oversight?

Also, the Omni-Med cloak has no benefits. Is this just an oversight, or was it planned to have no benefits?

my trousers work..

considering the problems with 'over-equipping' , i don't see the medsuit being fixed in the foreseeable future.. if ever

Originally posted by Barakon
    considering the problems with 'over-equipping' , i don't see the medsuit being fixed in the foreseeable future.. if ever
    Then they should remove references to the First Aid and Treatment modifiers from the affected items. That would 'fix' them, as it would then be clear that they are not supposed to increase any skills.

Re: Bugs with Omni-Med Clothing

Originally posted by Ampris

Finally, none of the Omni-Med Suit clothing has an Omni requirement. However, the Omni-Med Cloak is Omni only.

if they change omni med suits to omni only then i will DEMAND that steel ribbed and its derivitives (clan armor) be made clan only to negatively impact omni.

Besides omni arent supposed to have skill advantages (and omni-med isn't known for their ability to heal- moreso for their ability to turn people into mutants)

Re: Re: Bugs with Omni-Med Clothing

Originally posted by Oberon

if they change omni med suits to omni only then i will DEMAND that steel ribbed and its derivitives (clan armor) be made clan only to negatively impact omni.

Besides omni arent supposed to have skill advantages (and omni-med isn't known for their ability to heal- moreso for their ability to turn people into mutants)
    Well..clan was suppose to have "clan only organization" bonuses so.. *shrug*

Originally posted by Oberon

It was my understanding that only the Nadir version was designed by a rebel, Nadir Antagonist. I suppose this was the reason the rebel symbol is present on the helment. Due to limitations in the implementation of the game, all variants of steel ribbed have to have the rebel symbol on the helmet. But, I don't see how that makes it "clan armor".

If it was called something like "Knights Steel Ribbed" or "Eco Warrior Steel Ribbed" you would have a point. But there is no reference to a rebel orginization in the name of the armor, just the designer of the armor.

If is "rebel armor", then why has it always been for sale in Omni shops?

Re: Bugs with Omni-Med Clothing

Originally posted by Ampris
    The Omni-Med Female Suit Shirt only increases the First Aid skill. The items description seems to indicate that it should also raise the Treatment skill when worn.

Both the Omni-Med Suit Skirt and Omni-Med Suit Trousers fail to raise the wearers First Aid and Treatment skills.

The Omni-Med suit pieces are being fixed and will do what they say they should do. They will be fixed very soon.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Cosmik

The Omni-Med suit pieces are being fixed and will do what they say they should do. They will be fixed very soon.
    Thanks for the reply Cosmik.

Cosmik, does this mean that the Omnimed clothing will be Omni only?

This would be an extreme nerf on all Clan players if this were done. The clothing combined adds 64 to Treatment, at the moment, which allows the average player to equip a certain level of implants 16 levels earlier than he could have otherwise.

It's even more extreme than that, due to the skill caps at some levels. I could probably manage to equip level 200 implants by the time I was level 120, using all possible treatment buffs, omnimed armor, and lower level treatment implants.

Without the Omnimed armor, I might not be able to do it until level 150 due to the skill cap at level 125.

And I can guarantee you that virtually all clan players who are interested in maxxing out their equipment would switch temporarily to Omni just to get their implants in place.

Which would be a ridiculous system to put in place.

Yes it would be bad but acording to the desc of the item...

But I don't think we'll see that right now. My personal idea about this is that the Omni-Med stuff should have a "Department: Omni-Med" req on it. But this requires that FC enables those in the game.
    Dhur the Ninja Pirate NT!

Originally posted by starknaked
    Cosmik, does this mean that the Omnimed clothing will be Omni only?
    Dont you think you're jumping to conclusions just a little bit to much here?
    ChibiKawai - The KAYOOTEST Level 40 NT ever.

"IWANNASTUFFEDTEDDY AND I WANT ONE NOW!!"

"Dont you think you're jumping to conclusions just a little bit to much here?"

I hope so.

If they made Omni-Med clothing, omni only, then I'm sure FC would implement some kind of general medical wear as well. A 64 point advantage to omni is completely unfair to clanners and neuts, and it would cause an uproar on these boards if FC was stupid enough to make such a change without implementing an equal item(s) for other affiliations.

-Dezzie, 105 omni MA
    -Aikera, 89 omni soldier

Well, as you've probably seen from the 13.6 patch notes, the Omni-Med suits will do exactly what they say they are meant to do (increasing both Treatment and First Aid certain amounts).

As for the other topic here in this thread, the Omni-Med suit is not meant to be used by Omni-Tek only. If a clanner can get his hands on one, he or she is free to use it. Omni-Med suits don't discriminate.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Cosmik, what about biomech armor? It should also give treatment and 1st aid bonus but is currently broken.