Thread: Complete set of armor gives bonuses?

Complete set of armor gives bonuses?

I have read that having a complete set of one type of armor gives an armor class bonus of 15% or so.

Is this true?

And what constitutes a complete set? Do you have to actually be wearing every piece? What about back armor? And what if it's a type of armor that has no back armor?

This is a first one for me.

I used a complete set of Chilled Plasteel some times ago and didn't noticed any special boost in AC.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

a complete set of armour gives you a nice look. (not having a patchwork of armour, colors patterns and such)

I have never had a "complete set" of any armour (allways patchwork of colors) but I do not believe you get an additional bonus when wearing a complete set. might be, but I doubt it.

While it isn't available in the game, it would be really neat if that did happen. All the armor pieces fit together perfectly and hence provide you better protection than pieces of varying armors thrown together.

Like Diablo2 when you have a full set. The idea has merit and would add something to the game in my opinion.

Actually all of the sites and I believe also the strategy guide say that a complete Quality and Type set would give a 14% bonus.

I can tell you that its not true. I wear a complete set of Biomech armor and no bonus for me.

Talking

POLAR BEAR HEAD!!!
    Snarf: Level 165 Atrox NT

"At one time you were maybe a little useful Snarf. Now you're just being annoying." -- Hawkman

"Well one guy said Atrox was the worst breed for the NT. The other guy said......'You tell that to Snarf....he'll kick your arse!' You are a NT Rockstar!" -- Hemicuda

"Snarf, Snerf, Nerf. It's YOU that brought nerf to NT's you you!" -- Rhayden

"Snarf cuts to the core of the problem like a chainsaw to a bunny rabbit." -- Deaddreamer

I actually did some testing on this theory, and as Nikki said it's not true. At least there is no visible increase in AC other than what each part adds.

I guess it's another bug, or accidentally unimplemented feature.

Hey Cosmik, is this supposed to work?

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    Actually all of the sites and I believe also the strategy guide say that a complete Quality and Type set would give a 14% bonus.

I can tell you that its not true. I wear a complete set of Biomech armor and no bonus for me.
    You mean all pieces have to have the exact same QL and be the same type of armor to get this bonus?

No, apparently there is no bonus at the moment.

It wouldn't make sense for all the pieces to have to be the same quality, that would make it far too difficult to assemble. But if a full set of one type of armor gave a bonus, that would make sense.

Originally posted by NikkiDial
    Well, I didn't see this bonus mentioned anywhere in the Sybex strategy guide section that deals with armor.

As to the fan sites, well, maybe it was a feature that was contemplated at one point and got dropped. Many AO Sites have out of date or incorrect information.

Take AO-Basher as an example. They still indicate Agents have a green Martial Arts skill. That was true in beta but was not the case for release.

But then, I've never seen this bonus mentioned on a AO fan site either.