Thread: Game "unfairness"

Game "unfairness"

ok First of all let me start by saying that the Soldier character CANNOT use all the guns that are available, for example he cant use rifles.. ok now wth hell is up with that??? or he cant use shotgun guns.. now Soldier is a universal guy who is supposed to use all sorts of guns, every gun he finds he is supposed to use... now when i made a soldier char i was just shocked when i saw some of the skills for him are blue, i mean cmon whats up with that??

ok now we go on to the martial artsman.. HE IS compleatly USELESS! at lvl 77 witch i got him to with every possible implant for Dim, Brawl and MA skill, i hit around 83 in pvp.. while other professions blow my head off with 300.. the thing is i though that the MA's when he progressed by lvls he would get new hits and kicks, but i was sadly mistaken.. there is only 2hits! and one more hit witch is the special, a crapy lookin kick.. now i dont know whats wrong with that. u should really consider doing something about the MA's in PvP because he is close ranged, very close ranged i try to pvp once in a while with him.. i get my ass killed by a lower lvler that has a gun that takes 300-600 dmg,
    and all other profesions are ABLE to get better stuff than their own lvl, why cant MA's?? why cant we have some sort of brass knuckles that help us hit stronger??? trust me on this i buffed and implamented myself as MUCH an MA can go and he is still uselsess in PvP OR.. against borgs the only good thing an ma is good for is killing Bios.. heh..

now im not saying that this game sucks.. its fairly good i like it i am playing it.. but what i wrote above u should consider about making the game fair to us! i personally like Martial arts..(in real life) but when i saw this.. heh... he is supposed to be the hardest hitter in the game, yet hes not thank you for the time and i hope someone else finds this right :P

There is no doubt that MAs are having a very rough time...

I had my Trader collect Zenith Taichi swords of all qls up to 156 and started a new MA that would dual-wield ONLY these swords.

I, mistakingly, figured Funcom would make a RARE weapon a GOOD weapon. Ha! Was I ever wrong. She's at level 11 right now and dual wields Blue Zeniths but it's painfully obvious that her effectiveness will be diminishing level by level.

Instead of NERFING to balance why don't you try FIXING to balance?
    What a mind boggling idea eh Funcom?

<quote> Soldier is a universal guy who is supposed to use all sorts of guns, every gun he finds he is supposed to use </quote>

Yes soldiers should be able to a variety of guns, but think about real life. In the army there are special people who go through special training to use the heavier guns. Snipers are trained for long distance attacks that require pintpoint accuracy, so they train 'only' for that. The everyday solder can use a variety of guns and be somewhat proficient at them, but they will be no where near as good as say a sniper (agents) who are superiorly trained in that area.

First of all...

I never think that MA were supposed to be the hardest hitting in the game. I think they were supposed to be most damage over time. Fast and hard(but not hardest).

Second: Yeah, soldiers suck... Mine has been lvl 60 for about 2 months now...

Third: Do as I did. reroll. Stop playing your solder and MA, then they might get some love from FC. It seems to be that way with the MPs and Crats (Which were non-existant for a period).

Forth: What we need now is PvM balance, not more PvP balance. PvP is sooooo boring. No xp, no loot, nothing... You get a title most people don't care about since it was gotten with gear not skill. There has been already too many nerfs/fixes for PvP. Time to look at some professions problems with PvM.

I suggest that if you feel that your proffession sucks, make one that from what you read on the boards don't suck. That way I think FC will listen. If they suddenly see 90% of their population beeing traders, crats and MPs(I'll toss in enforcers too for good mesure, altho only beamers, hammers and rider exec types). They might do something about it.

Personally I think Agent will get lots of love sometime soon since they are a dying breed. Soldier might not get too much love since they appearantly are pretty good post 100.

MAs will also get some love, and most like will end up being the best profession again soon, only rivaled by MPs maybe.

Learn the first rule of getting love: WHINE WHINE WHINE... Then something might be done. Don't ever try to be constructive, that will only make you seem rational. Scream about canceling, how you cannot one shot kill someone(or someone one shot killing you).

Soldiers are actually the only profession which has only been nerfed, and not gotten anything. Not even a mention except that they're looking into it.

At least MAs, agents, NTs, Fixers, Engies, Crats have either gotten new nanos, or some form official recogniztion about their problems. Soldiers, nada. Not even a top 10... Only a one line comment from Cosmik about them looking into it.

Honestly I think FC is dropping these little nanos etc as candy to make us wait until they come up with a good solution to the problems. Altho I deep down doubt that..

This is my biased view, and not that of my guild.
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

Soldiers make great tanks and great secondary damage dealers if an enforcer is tanking. Soldier is a great offensive class. Soldiers are good at PvP too since their attacks are ranged and they have the capability to use more special attacks than other professions since the weapon skills and special attacks have lower ip costs for them.

I'm not sure who told you soldiers can't use shotguns. Shotgun skill itself and the other skills that shotguns use like ranged energy (megajolt, electrical pacifier, triplejolt, blackhole, el diablo), fling shot (electrical pacifier, triplejolt, ultra light missile pistol, blackhole, medium shotgun, krutt, el diablo, ithaca ki-8), aimed shot (ithaca ki-8), pistol (ultra light missile pistol), and burst (ot police shotgun) are all cheapest IP-wise for soldier. No class can be more proficient naturally at using a shotgun than a soldier. Only traders and agents (using the trader spells) would be able to wield a higher QL shotgun than a soldier, but neither of those has the low cost ranged init to bring their damage up or the high hit points and tanking spells to allow them to survive if they do so they won't be doing more damage than the soldier even if it were possible unless they like to die a lot.

The only reason for a soldier not to use a shotgun is that the nova flow rocks. Until very high init values and without critical hit buffs most shotguns cannot come even close to the damage of a nova flow and the nova flow has two specials on it as well. It is a truly outstanding gun.

Talking

Lemme throw in a quote from Sensei's E-Interview with Gaute Godager, AO Designer 08.07.2001
    (www.thepunchingbag.net, all MA's true joy of AO.)

[PvP, the Martial Artist is supposed to be the "scourge of the nano casters". He is supposed to get a good chance of resisting nanos, and being able to take down nano-techs quickly because he should have a higher chance of interrupting their execution than all others. His weakness will be against Enforcers and Soldiers, that do (almost) as much damage as him, but have more hit points.]

Heh. Enforcers and soldiers doing almost as much damage as a MA. Think about that for a second. 8)

/DaveDread

Oh cool does that mean I'll be able to hit for 2500 with every punch like a beam enforcer with a "bugged" melee init?

Originally posted by DaveDread
    Lemme throw in a quote from Sensei's E-Interview with Gaute Godager, AO Designer 08.07.2001
    (www.thepunchingbag.net, all MA's true joy of AO.)

[PvP, the Martial Artist is supposed to be the "scourge of the nano casters". He is supposed to get a good chance of resisting nanos, and being able to take down nano-techs quickly because he should have a higher chance of interrupting their execution than all others. His weakness will be against Enforcers and Soldiers, that do (almost) as much damage as him, but have more hit points.]

Heh. Enforcers and soldiers doing almost as much damage as a MA. Think about that for a second. 8)

/DaveDread
    I always thought that was damage over time. Not like the Enforcer with a hammer or Soldier with BFG, which is just like the lottery.

Then again I was proven wrong on one account and right on another. Soldiers are supposed to suck... Cool... At least now we know... MAs are supposed to more damage than a soldier, have higher inits and evades, crit buff AND SELF HEAL... hmm... From what I've heard self healing is the only way to win in PvP(which is why docs have been doing so good)... Guess that soldiers are supposed to loose to everyone then...

Not blaming you, just think that gaute apperantly never PvPs much himself...

yea, overtime

overtime??? MA's hit harder than any other over time?? how can they do that if say u have 1600hp and an agent hits , 700 and his specials over 1k

um.. i dont think "over-time" is good enough.. for an MA they should be able to take out pretty fast! not overtime while the other guy with the gun can kill u in 4shots and it takes him 7seconds to do that. it would take MA 1min to take him out!

but still they should make brass knuckles.. hehe increas the MA hit by 10% that could give them a chance of hitting as strong as soldiers and etc,

Ryu Soldier is supposed to be trained in all sort of guns (i know i was in a war im not from english, but belive me..) i used any sort of a gun i could find, if u know how to use a gun, u know how to use a sniper gun, even though some are more trained to do it, but in a war u use whatever u can to survive.. and run like CRAZY if u hear a zzzzz sound.

Re: yea, overtime

Originally posted by SubZero
    overtime??? MA's hit harder than any other over time?? how can they do that if say u have 1600hp and an agent hits , 700 and his specials over 1k

um.. i dont think "over-time" is good enough.. for an MA they should be able to take out pretty fast! not overtime while the other guy with the gun can kill u in 4shots and it takes him 7seconds to do that. it would take MA 1min to take him out!

but still they should make brass knuckles.. hehe increas the MA hit by 10% that could give them a chance of hitting as strong as soldiers and etc,

Again, someone who has seen an agent to 1k damage once... Jeez.... People pick up an agent or soldier. Let see if you get over 1k specials everytime...

On my lvl 61 soldier I can Full Auto from 80-2.1k. Let me put this way. 2.1k has happened once... Once in 61 lvls... 80 happens about 1:10, avg is about 1k.

All I have to say is my soldier does not stand a chance against any MA with decent evades. UNLESS I'm luckier than god and my Fling, burst and FA crits. If they don't and I get hit by the reload bug, I won't do damage for about 10 second. There are a lot of punching going on in 10 seconds.

The problem is as people has stated before. Everyone wants to be god... and their class is supposed to be uber.

I'll tell you this much. I'd rather that soldiers were the damage over time type. I'd take damage over time, rather than lucky big hits. Like someone pointed out in a soldier thread. Nova hits like this. 1-1-1-1-1-1--1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1--1-1-1- 1k-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1k at higher lvls. Being a soldier is like play the perpetual lottery. Your survival is luck nothing else... Pure and simple.

PvP is botched anyway. Time to fix PvM.

Superflu uses a rifle, and he is soldier, but he of course sucks with it, he hits for 50-90 dmg, and a few lucky shots around 3-400
    NT phone HOME!!

Originally posted by Garzu
    Superflu uses a rifle, and he is soldier, but he of course sucks with it, he hits for 50-90 dmg, and a few lucky shots around 3-400
    Is this against yellows and below, or yellow and above? What rifle do you use?

yeah

I also thought that MA damage was supposed to be superior over time as well. I think thats part of the design decision; give MA's good evades and selfhealing to make us last a while so that damage output can wear opponents down.

The problem in my opinion is that this isnt really the case. I tried this out a while ago with an Adventurer fiend, I was doing fist / fist-acroblade, he was dualwielding a rider exec and a merchent exec. We located 2 identical green mobs, removed all damageshields and started whacking away, one each. I never killed mine before him.
    We messed around with and without crit buffs, with and without my MA specials, with and without his flurry. I finally killed my mob first when I dimached him, used the unnerfed Blessed with Thunder, had sub guidance running and got a few crit brawls in. He didnt use flurry, didnt have sub guidance, didnt fast attack. Then I "won" with a 1 second marginal.

How is more time supposed to work in MA favour in that situation?
    Neither of us were uber in any way, we were maxed out at lvl91, had decent implants of similar QL and kinda like the normal people playing AO. I just couldnt keep up with his damage flow.

Heh, not sure what I'm trying to say here, guess it's just a standard MA whine...

/DaveDread

Originally posted by Plasmatiq

Is this against yellows and below, or yellow and above? What rifle do you use?
    Hehe, it was against me, in pvp a few days ago.... well, he mostly hit very low, some crits for 5-800....
    NT phone HOME!!