Thread: Aimshot fix AND Sneak Attack please!

Aimshot fix AND Sneak Attack please!

Everybody (well the agents at the most) wants Aimshot to get fixed, but what about Sneak Attack??

The characters I play are all adventurers, though I will soon start a fixer and an agent, I really have to say this for the Sneak Attack.
    Not only that it needs fixing, but it needs to be as good as Aimshot (when it is fixed), if not more powerful in a way. Why? Because for aimshot, u can do it from afar, while to sneak attack, it is required that u come up to your target all the way. Maybe some sort of stun maybe? Or like a succesful hit automatically bringing down the target's life points by a percentage? Like half or something?
    I know that sounds uber, but it's only a proposition. I think sneak attack should be nastier than aimshot not only for managing to sneak up all the way to the enemy but also I see it as this: a well placed bullet will go through the target. A blade though, is gruesomely still handled (u know... manually tear things inside?) when it goes through the target if you see what I mean. Yes that is creepy to say it that way, but we are talking about backstab, so... Or maybe some sort of special combo when succesfully done? Anyways.
    I wanted to talk also about the adventurer, since no patch seems to come up really soon even if our fixing is in near future
    Ok I heard about some new melee weapon called 'Gut Hencher' or something. a ql 200 one does 30-160. Who gets to feel being hurt at such a level for even 160 damage???!!! 'More guts' in the description... hem... not only that but why give us Fast Attack? If that was intended to avoid too much gimping from brawl or such, why did you gave us that? Have anyone seen in a game a weapon decent of its name to use Sneak Attack? Someone tell me please if you do. Also
    FC, if you are can or willing to change some skill costs, then may I insert here some suggestions:
    As adventurer, I see them as hunters. Hunters should have a light blue level in conceal and perception. They need to hide well and be very alert in the wilderness to avoid being surprised by traps, predators and any humankind that is aquainted in evil deeds . For the fighting part, they are IMO 'agents melee version'. Hence the sneak attack. They should also have fast attack in light blue; as a hunter, they will do a deadly strike (sneak attack), then bring a swift blow (fast attack) to finish off the prey. Sometimes being surprised, they will need to struggle to defend themselves or when they deal with something they have underestimated. (Brawl; put in standard blue please?)
    You know in a way we could even ask for a green in Perception and Sneak attack. They conceal well, but not as well as agents, thus being light blue (agents' conceal is green, right?)
    I know this is asking for cheaper skills, but would it be comparing aaaaaaall the greens some professions have, asking to change about 3-4 skills to alpha and 2 to green isn't that much asking to fix up the adventurer. Oh, and make more new melee weapons, with brawl and or fast attack with sneak attack - adv wear only please? And pleeeeease review the damage output you would give those!

Ok I felt like I had to add some more.
    I haven't talked about the pistols because obviously you (FC) really look like you just don't want to see pistol users having a good time like anyone else. I believed that any weapon would do equally well depending on the number of skills you need to raise to use them. More ip sacrificed, better damage; regardless of the type of weapon. Since I do not believe in pistol life anymore especially after seeing a new one as adv wear only (OMG 180 on a crit damage for a ql 200 WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???)...
    Why don't you put that pistol skill to sleep (dark blue) and give us a yummy green skill in bow and a light blue in special bow attack? Make new bows, fix the number of ammo when u buy some; hell, make them expensive and create special AC arrows and such. It will make them very nice to use; I could imagine average damage - to all players: give me what you think is average damage at ql 200 to give FC a clue on that - and some fire arrows etc... Like almost any AC type but expensive when you buy those special. Also, could you put Aimshot in light blue? (Agents REALLY should have rifle and aimshot in green) And then bring flingshot to alpha? And maybe some unique bow drops or trade items that would make some bows with burst? no full auto though... nonono; leave burst as standard blue.
    Adventure skill. Make some animals you could use for travel inquiring the adventure skill? It would add exotism to the game. Some animals could attack too; heck, why not find rare animals and try to domesticate some aggressive ones to be able to mount them? That would be really cool too. Cowboy time! Yeeehaw!!
    Oh one thing I'd like to add too. Agents should not only have green conceal, they should have some sort of skill (maybe create a SOCIAL branch skill, FC?) such as subterfuge, acting and such. Just another thought... Oh, and DISGUISE...

Sneak Attack currently uses the exact same formula as Aimed Shot does and the two specials have always used the exact same formula.

The only difference is one if for melee weapons and the other for ranged weapons.

I don't expect that Funcom will change this in the future.

Currently all AimedShot / SneakAttack does is do max weapon damage with an increase in your chance to critical based on your AimedShot / SneakAttack skill level.

Well if it works that way, the math is phucked up... 2 damage as max? Hmmm suxxors. Maybe I should post where they look once in while for real... And e-mail them the rest of my wild ideas? hmmmm... i'm afraid they'll 'loose' it...

Originally posted by HeartOfAbyssAdv
    Well if it works that way, the math is phucked up... 2 damage as max? Hmmm suxxors.
    Actually there are several levels of critical. The base critical damage multiplier starts at 2, but the multiplier can go a lot higher if you get a super critical.

Cool

Sneak attack does not do max damage. In fact it's often lower than my regular hits.

Personally I think sneak attack should be have insanely damage on the brink of being an unbalance to account for these two things:

1. Going melee on a mob a lot harder than rooting and shotting safely with a rifle.
    2. It's much harder, if not impossible, to use sneak attack without the monster being aware of your pressense.

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    Personally I think sneak attack should be have insanely damage on the brink of being an unbalance to account for these two things:

1. Going melee on a mob a lot harder than rooting and shotting safely with a rifle.
    2. It's much harder, if not impossible, to use sneak attack without the monster being aware of your pressense.

Very hard to pull off, yes, and it makes me feel proud when it works. It can be done on annoying creatures like rollerrats or scorps even without conceal, but you'll have to be very lucky.
    Not that the damage is actually useful

Yep and as I said in my long post (I forgive you if u didnt read it all ), Aimshot: a well-placed bullet goes through the target. SneakAttack: a well-placed blade grusomely handled within the target. creepy but logical. No mercy!

Arrow erm yes...

AdvClown = Heartofabyssadv