Thread: v13.8 -> no more teaming missions?

Thumbs down v13.8 -> no more teaming missions?

As per the 13.8 build notes:

Your team members will no longer share the experience when doing single player missions as a team

Funcom, are you seriously this out of your mind? Unless you put in actual *working* team missions at the same time you take this out, you better prepare yourself for a whirlwind.
    Lasz

i think they are talking about the XP bonus at the end...
    I don't care, I always do missions for all cash anyway. The XP slider on the missions terms might as well not be there.

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

Ok

Funcom make the statment clear.
    I better better be able to take a team in a high level mission for mob killing exp or this game is over for me!

I was *just* going to post something about this. Does the statment "Your team members will no longer share the experience when doing single player missions as a team" refer to the XP you get at the end if you're doing an XP mission or does it refer to experience gained while killing MOBs? If it's the latter, that would be wonky unless team missions were fixed at the same time.

Clarification, please. Other than that, preliminary 13.8 notes were good to see.
    Babette, Frenetic, Misophist, Yardleigh.
    "I am the queen of France!!!"

Rejected.
    Ah, L'Amour!
    Bitter Films

Hehe I noticed this as well. Seeing as the entire high level game currently is based around doing missions (only place to find a decent amount of mobs the right level), removing xp from kills would effectively kill the game for a lot of people.

Presumably it only applies to the xp "reward" on completing mission.

Re: Ok

Originally posted by jakespeed
    Funcom make the statment clear.
    I better better be able to take a team in a high level mission for mob killing exp or this game is over for me!
    I find this almost funny but do you guys really think that the exp for killing MOBs in single player missions is going to only be given to the mission owner? Do you?

I think they are clearly talking about the exp gained by "completing the mission well" for Kill missions (assassinations) etc. As it stands now, when you complete a mission like this the crappy little amount of exp (in the mission description) is divided amongst the team, evenly instead of ALL to the mission owner.

Re: Re: Ok

Originally posted by Meligant
    I find this almost funny but do you guys really think that the exp for killing MOBs in single player missions is going to only be given to the mission owner? Do you?

I think they are clearly talking about the exp gained by "completing the mission well" for Kill missions (assassinations) etc.
    I think there are two possibilities. Either the latter that you believe or the former AND the implementation of team missions. Remember that those are just hte preliminary patch notes, they will change several times before they get to test and then before they go live. A clarification would clear everything up...

Scorus

Normally I would say "No, of course not. Nobody's that stupid". But it's FC we're talking about here. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they did something this braindead. It wouldn't be the first time. I don't think it's the case this time though.

Originally posted by Mascot

Normally I would say "No, of course not. Nobody's that stupid". But it's FC we're talking about here. I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they did something this braindead. It wouldn't be the first time. I don't think it's the case this time though.
    agg... you beat me to the punchline!

-D
    ===============
    First Order S.S.S.C.
    ===============

errrrrr i think they mean the xp you gain for COMPLEATING the mission.
    Level 132 Nano-Techniction <---- Retired till NT fix
    Level 72. Engineer <---- why is my pet running the wrong way?
    Level 69. Agent <---- Retired sence Concealment Nerf.
    Level 58. Adventure <---- TONS of lost ip.
    Level 41. Meta.<--- Mp's are too uber.
    Level 30. Enforcer <---- press "Q" and watch tv.
    Level 29. Doc <---- Can't..... Find.... Group.....

Quote of the week "When people complain equally about all of the classes, then the game is balanced."

That's what we've all been saying, Lozer.

It means...

Check out the Upcoming patch notes. From people on the test server, it means the REWARD XP at the end. Not the Xp you get from MOBS
    ChibiKawai - The KAYOOTEST Level 40 NT ever.

"IWANNASTUFFEDTEDDY AND I WANT ONE NOW!!"