Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Adventurer's Handbook

Hi everyone,

I have kinda finished my pistol guide, so here it is :
    http://anim3d.free.fr/ao/pistols.html

I hope it will be usefull, in particular to low and medium lvl adventurers who are wondering what gun they could use, how and where they could get it.

I also hope i will get some feedback from high lvl adventurers about this guide and the guns, so that i can correct any mistakes that i may have made.

Please post feedback here :
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=340134
    Rimor : Chorwin, 215/16 melee advy - Kifix, 200 fixer
    Members of Dark Front
    Rédacteur/Modérateur AO pour www.mmorpgs.info - site AO - forum AO
    My pistols guide

Here is a newb question for you, where does the Frozen tear of Uklesh drop? I have killed Uklesh the frozen 4 times in the ToTW and it hasnt dropped so im kinda lost here.

Thats the mob

droprate just sucks

I have two questions. I'm a level 17 Solitus Adv.

Armor... what should I use? I currently have a full set of maxed-out (in ql) Clan Newcomer Armor, a Living Cyber helm, and those init-buffing glasses that you get in the ICC.

Weapons... I am set on 1he as I have been using it since level 1. I seem to be growing out of my weapons, so where can I get better ones without having to spend a lot of money?

Imps... do I need them now?

Thanks.

Revelator's Guide To Root/Snare Resist

Ok, at 212 an adventurer can get 100% root/snare (r/s) resistance, which in battle and whompa war can be a real lifesaver. It doesn't come for free though, and can pretty hard to get too, but here is the guide on how to get it for those who want to know:

First of all, a brief explanation on how r/s resist works: The resist you build up comes as a check before the normal Nano Resistance check that is done when someone tries to cast a root or snare on you. It is a simple and flat roll, based entirely on your r/s %. If you have 30% resist, there is a 30% chance that you will resist a root, and a corresponding 70% chance you won't. However, if you don't resist it, it still has to pass the NR check.

Two things are important to bear in mind with this: One is that you basically get 2 rolls (r/s resist check and NR check) instead of just one, and the other is that caster skill/lvl/prof/breed is totally irrelevant to the r/s check. Whether it is a 150 drained fixer or a 220 crat with CM n a wrangle that tries to root you, if you have 50% resist 50% is what will get through it.

Oh, and root grafts gets bounced by the r/s resist too.

NOTE: Your resist will work on everything in these 2 lists: Root Line of Nanos and Snare Line of Nanos Anything not on those lists will not be affected by your r/s resist, which includes Omni Soli ShadowBreed and I think some perk roots/snares.

And here is the how to:

1) Nanos.

We get resist from 2 nano lines, Boon and Freedom. Boon can be cast on others, and the highest one is Boon of the Wanderer which adds 13% resist. The Freedom line is selfonly, and the highest one is Freedom of the Wanderer which adds 20% r/s resist. Both of these lines drop from RK outdoor dyna bosses.

Total r/s resist 33%

2) Perks.

Adventurers have access to 2 perk lines that add to r/s resist: Spatial Displacement (SD) and Outdoorsman (OM). SD is by far the better line, and it can be maxed at SD 10 (10 perk points) at level 212, which will give you 45% r/s resist, plus 1 snare remover, 1 root remover and 3 root AND snare removers. OM adds 6% at OM 3 (3 perk points), but gives you nothing in the way of removers. If you have a choice between SD n OM in where to place a perk point, pick SD.

Now this is a pricy purchase of perks indeed, even for advies who have it relatively easy in the perk dept, and is in addition only of any worth at all in whompa wars and battle. PvM these perk points will give you nada. So don't perk it if you don't need it.

Total r/s resist 51%

3) Items.

All of the items you need for the final stretch to 100% r/s resist can be found in the Inner Sanctum.

Dominus Robe This one is the easiest to get, it is a pretty common drop off almost all the small bosses, and it adds 6% r/s resist, at the cost of gimping your ACs and mods on what you usually wear as a back piece.

Mnemonic Fragment This one is a not-uncommon drop on the 3rd Floor of the IS. Each piece adds 1% r/s resistance, at the cost of gimping your NCUs a bit (if you are using Yuttos, AI or Pande NCUs that is). You can wear 6 of these if you want.

Might of the Revenant Also a not un-common drop on the 3rd Floor of the IS. You can wear one, and it adds 1% r/s resist, and also adds to your dmg, and has a nice special you can activate too. Very handy, must-have for pretty much all.

Unhallowed Carapace of the Infernal Tyrant Ah, now we come to the hard part. To get a full set of this you will first need to farm a set of normal Carapace of the Infernal Tyrant, and then get the Ichor of the Immortal to upgrade it to Unhallowed. The Ichor is 100% drop from Hezak the Not-Quite-As-Immortal-As-He-Thinks, but while he IS killable, he is also still pretty tough. Each piece of Unhallowed adds 1%, for a total of 7% for a full set, at the price of gimping your armor a bit. It's not bad armor though, and some nice mods to weapon and nanoskills too.

Full Calculations.

Nanos: 33%
    Perks: 51%
    Dominus Robe: 6%
    MoR: 1%
    Mnemonic Frags (2): 2%
    Unhallowed Full Set: 7%

Total Root/Snare Resistance: 100% Which means that no matter how many people try to cast no matter how many roots on me, none of them land. Ever. Period.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Nice guide, Rev--mind if I c&p it into an earlier reserved post at the start of the thread and link to the source post?

-Jayde

Quote Originally Posted by Jayde
    Nice guide, Rev--mind if I c&p it into an earlier reserved post at the start of the thread and link to the source post?

-Jayde
    Sure thang.
    Reverend Revelator Ramagano, Proud Something of Alpha Omega

Alpha Omega: Fighting For Your Future, Today

No, I'm not back.

How embarrassing, after all these years it turns out I CAN'T spell **ncom with an F and a U, talk about egg on my face eh?

Very well done Rev. If I can only convince my guildies to assault Hezak 2 more times, hehe.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

I have updated the first three posts in this thread with Rev's guide, as well as some additions to the weapons list (more complete for the newer 1HE and Pistol options) and reformatting of the posts to make them easier to browse.

-Jayde

IMHO the only thing this guide lacks is a perk guide, the one on the adv site is outdated, and does not list alien perks, so an update would be awesome
    SdKfz182
    Omni Enforcer lvl 43/3
    Formerly Vhaal and Ghilson
    "If you want peace, prepare for war"

Ive had good help from this guide with my adv. Started with an adventurer as my first character, and doing quite well at level 51 atm. One thing that strikes me about the guide though, is the maxing of nano skills, and SI in particular. For a ranged adv, are really morphs useful (at all)? Also, AC buffs seem to be quite weak, are they really worth getting? A measely 144 AC (at my level), and especially at higher levels the best AC buff's 373 doesnt seem like a whole lot. The same thing goes for the damage shields really. Am I missing something here?

----
    http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=10336
    This is the equipment I'm currently using, could always help someone... The implants are qlvl 90, and since they all require Agility you can get them on at level 40 (or maybe even lower). Took a while to figure out how to get them that way

As mentioned in the original post, MC is a bit of a toss-up.. as damage shields aren't really all that useful until higher levels (primarily PvP), and AC debuffs aren't critical.

Morphs, however, are very important and should be a priority. Morphs are key elements to the Advent toolset, and provide a lot of major benifits. Wolf aura, lick wounds, and damage/evade buffs from morphs are all very useful.

-Jayde

I find those damage shields very useful....especially the cyclics.....when soloing mobs and in AI raids like when you have a bunch of Zix hitting on you, it keeps you from having to heal as often.

At 220 however when IP becomes scarce, many adventurers will reset MC. I know I have way more IP in MC than I really need (skill trickledown with shadowlevels is impressive).

I'd advise only raising MC to point where with CI you can cast the top shield at 200, and not put any more IP after that. And that is only after you have put in your 200ish symbs (enduring brain, growing eye, enduring hand). Be very stingy with MC.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

Quote Originally Posted by Jayde
    As mentioned in the original post, MC is a bit of a toss-up.. as damage shields aren't really all that useful until higher levels (primarily PvP), and AC debuffs aren't critical.

Morphs, however, are very important and should be a priority. Morphs are key elements to the Advent toolset, and provide a lot of major benifits. Wolf aura, lick wounds, and damage/evade buffs from morphs are all very useful.

-Jayde
    Thanks for the reply. Morphs are very important, you say... That's really too bad, I don't like them at all. For starters it looks ridiculus with a ranged adv attacking in wolf form (hitting in thin air), and the camera keeps bobbing up and down causing severe headache :P I guess it's just cosmetics though, but that's almost enough for me to not use morphs

Is this guide going to be updated any sooner?? It recommends avoiding burst pistol with key exception to CDR however the new alien pistols type 4 use burst and they rock, also there is no mention to FULL AUTO... please update it.

Also i wuld like to see a little information on perception skill for adventurers.

Quote Originally Posted by Waraxea
    Is this guide going to be updated any sooner?? It recommends avoiding burst pistol with key exception to CDR however the new alien pistols type 4 use burst and they rock, also there is no mention to FULL AUTO... please update it.

Also i wuld like to see a little information on perception skill for adventurers.
    Well, the guide is primarily intended for beginning players, and Burst/FullAuto are both higher-level skills. Burst is not really applicable in the early game with the exception of the CDR, as the Type 4 pistols are primarily used as endgame options for various reasons. (They mostly shine QL220+, although they may have lower-level niches.. I haven't heard much about that, and since I don't play a low-level toon I wouldn't know for certain.) Also, FullAuto isn't viable until around TL5 with the JEPP as the only weapon that uses it.

I will take a look over the guide and perhaps tweak a few phrases, but just keep the "beginner friendly" nature of it in mind...

-Jayde

didnt read much about what priority sense should take...
    i'm in agreement with agil, str, stam, being highest....intel following, psychic taking a back seat..but where does sense fall? i'd imagine for a pistol advie sense would be higher, but what about for melee? only reason i've seen so far to raise sense as high as anything else would be to put on a globetrotter...doesnt seem worth it at my current level...76...i'm more interested in getting on my chiros asap...

sense and psychic are needed for certain inf symbs...specifically right wrist (psychic) which adds to 1HE so you'll have to raise both eventually

I am a level 139 Adv and am using two QL165 BBI Faithful 100s as my weapons. I have noticed the damage with these guns in SL isn't as good as I would expect and desperately need some decent replacements. The JSPP / JEPPs look too expensive to me - so I am thinking of getting a couple of QL160 - 170 Flux pistols. Will these give my damage output a decent boost on SL mobs? I need something to help my deal more damage in SL as trying to use BBIs is seriosly spoiling my enjoyment. Thanks for any advice.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast