Thread: Mission problem when server goes down/restart or something.

Angry Mission problem when server goes down/restart or something.

Yesterday a friend and I decided to do a couple of missions for xp since most easily accessible spots to hunt now have been nerfed to hell by the 25% nerf of Mort. (Not really sure if I really care that much since I get pretty good xp doing missions since my main now a days is a engy.)

So we travel the far reaches of the land for some missions. The two first ones were small and took no time to complete. The last mission was huge and filled with Babyfaces, cyborgs and other fun stuff. We're both in the 70s and were doing a ql 96 mission. My friend is an NT and my char is a Engy. The bot is self buffed and does all the tanking. We have to be careful not to draw aggro away from the bot since both of us die damn fast if something aggros us instead of the bot. We have a few close calls, but some luck with calms and rabid hitting the aggro enchancer on my part. We make it half way through. My friend dies once due to calms not working properly and bot loosing aggro. It's par for the course. Risk vs Reward.

Then suddenly I get disconnected. I wonder if my wife accidentally touched something she shouldn't have :-), but no. All lights are ok on the router. I try to log in, but get discoed right away again. I wait a bit log on again. If find that the whole dungeon is respawned and I'm alone without my trusty bot in a room with three yellows.... Needless to say I try to run for it, but not too my suprise I die. 217k right down the drain. The hard work of my last hour down the drain.

No if I had been killed by carelessness. I wouldn't have minded. If we died from a bad pull, or something that can be attributed to our fault. Then fine. I'll take the xp loss and all that, but when the server hickups or something and respawns all the mobs and chests in the dungeon then something is ****ing wrong.

I suggest that FC implements a teleport when a server reboot happens. I don't care if I have to travel back out to a hunting ground or a mission area, as long as I don't loose any xp.

This is not the first time this has happened to me. It has also happened on hunting trips. Back in the ole' days when the servers where crowded and certain areas has lots of mobs and lots of players.

I find this to be a real problem, and will ultimately make me cancel my account if I have to die to server glitches. I wouldn't mind so much if I just lost items, but the xp is what is really "expensive" to me. Items you can always camp the terminal again for or you can do a few more mission runs to grab some money.
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

This exact thing happened to me last night.

- I had cleared out almost the entire dungeon, to my knowledge I only had 2 mobs left to kill.

- I got disconnected.

- Quickly logged back in and was in a room full of mobs, and as I frantically ran for the door I pulled mobs from every room. Of course my bot was no longer around, and without him I'm swiss cheese.

- I was killed no less than 10 feet from the door, losing 90k experience (1/2 level)

This is a new occurance for me, I've been disconnected when in dungeons before and gone back in with no new mobs spawning.

So the moral of the story is:

If you get disconnected when in a mission, go to bed and wait for the time limit to expire.

Originally posted by Drusillus
    So the moral of the story is:

If you get disconnected when in a mission, go to bed and wait for the time limit to expire.
    Does that help? Will I then be kicked out of the mission?
    Atrocious - taking ugly to the next level.

Atrocious - Atrox Enforcer - Member of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Aniana - Solitus Engineer(Uber gimp) - Applicant of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Plasmatiq - Solitus Soldier

Plus countless other alts I play with once in a while.

I have mailed tech support about this, and they say it will be looked into and fixed as soon as possible.

/me crosses fingers...
    Cyrus "Othar" Peak

"The Honored Guard, Serving with Pride, Prejudice and Patience." - Justsabi

Alamut

"My body is my Temple."