Thread: Envisioned: GET THE SERVERS BACK UP!!!

Thumbs down Envisioned: GET THE SERVERS BACK UP!!!

What is the deal? 8 hours and counting?

Cosmik:

Meet me in MMD and we will discuss this transgression.
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Talking TEAM GANK!!!

Sign me up!

With about 50 of us, we can peel through his 3 million HP in a reasonable time...like a half hour

3 mil divided by 50 is still 60,000

Divide that by 30 minutes, and we'd each have to dish out 2000 points of damage per minute

I think that's do-able, don't you?

But can we keep him rooted for a half hour?

Whatcha know Cloud?
    Kodiene
    Founding member of P.E.T.A.
    People for the Ethical Treatment of Atrox's
    PAINKILLR
    Mercenaries of Kai

"I personally think nerfs are death in an emergency patch. It is very cool to admit that there are a lot of things we can do boring, very boring in-game. Your input is being adjusted in some Fouls. I want to especially thank the players who WILL die.
    Have Fun! And I'll be seeing you online
    jonhelgi, designer - AO"

Angry Bump

We are currently working on fixing Dimension 1.

~(Can we be more vague about this. Why don't you atleast tell us what you are fixing. Do you need help finding outlets to plug in the server or what!)~

We still have no ETA when Dimension 1 will be up again.

~(The static answer for not being responsible with communicating with the gaming populace. Even I know working in a Tech environment what the general problem is and a guestimate on how long it takes to get fixed.)

Funcom - Find out the guestimate time the server will be down and add +2 hours for stupidity. Its a great formula for you and it should work in a half-arse way.

Nightlord

Angry details....yeah, sure...catch 22

right....details....so you want FC to publicly let the comunity know what the flaws are in the hardware.....so that any hacker with an account banned for exploits etc who is ticked off...or some other fubar individual, can use that against the system? not everyone would either 1) understand their details, or 2) use that information well.

as for the Non ETA....yes, i hate that myself......driving me nuts as a matter of fact.....but if they are having a major problem....maybe they really HAVE no idea how long...2 minutes...2 days...who knows?

it's a game...relax...call a friend.....see your girlfriend... order pizza, and get a movie rental......

lets all calm down....

you forget that GM advisor suits alone add 5k AC to resistance and 1k to reflect damage. Not to mention 500 run speed, 100k heath, 100k heal, and a lot of other nice stuff.

you would need all of RK to kill him, and a hacker to help you out.

Glad I am stuck at work right now. Speaking of which for those who don't know, if something went really bad with the raid it's not like you power it off and back on and everything is cool. I work in the datacenter of large telecom company, most of systems have 4 hour service contracts. Most likely this issue is not even in Funcom's hands it's in the hands of their vendor. And vendors don't like to be pressured for ETA when it comes to large scale hardware issues.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by Poo-Fu Master
    what's mmd?
    MMD is MeetMeDeer. A PvP city
    Long live the metal
    Death to OT SCUM!!
    Member of the Mercury Dragons
    Divillian

You guys are pretty sad/pathetic... Poor FC had a RAID hardware failure and spent hours on end trying to get it back up, and all you can do is whine and call them inept? You, Great Ones, who can't live a day without playing a game? Oh, please, keep whining, in your own half-arsed way.
    Aleksei "Zagadka" Garcia - Savior, Council Clerk
    Cindi "Razishlyat" Bolieu - Advisor Eternalist

Megabio
    Originally posted by Maxtor 1-7
    you forget that GM advisor suits alone add 5k AC to resistance and 1k to reflect damage. Not to mention 500 run speed, 100k heath, 100k heal, and a lot of other nice stuff.

you would need all of RK to kill him, and a hacker to help you out.
    Well, 5k AC is no problem. The simplest way to do all this, of course, is by simply petitioning, then about 10 hours latter assymalate a massive group of people in the middle of MMD (GMs are neutral, so that's okay) and then give out a bit of learning.. And they are mortal.. just like the masked commandos.. well.. or not.. being that we had about 5 slayer on them easy in Broken Shores and it took them down to 'zero' but then popped up again.... mmmm.
    ~Chris

Angry Awwww.quit yer B**thing

Not being a full time poster like most of you seem to be, I have playedthis game quite a bit int he 4 months ive been on and all I can say is....

Quit yer whining. All I ever see is whining on EVERY one of these forums, no matter what. I rarelly see a compliment to the designers of this game ever posted. And now FC has had a major network crash....and everyones crying. FOr gods sake, its just a game. I dont spend 8+ hrs on this a day, I dont shop on Ebay for millions of credits (a pathetic thing if I have ever heard of it). I play when I feel like it and when I want to relax. Dont worry folks, it will be back up again. Untilll then, go read a book, or play something else.

Kudos to FC for a great game that truely has great capabilities!!